Polter Heist Diced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter Heist Diced

The smash and grab raid after 2 mins was just about the only decent action Rangers produced until Chery hit a post when he should have scored in the final minutes.

A poor game that was marked by poor passing from the Rs and far too many hoofed balls in the first half. For me, Faurlin should be starting over Henry, because we needed his metronomic distribution to set attacks in motion. Fer should be doing this as well of course, but he floats in and out of games. Luongo was possibly our best player, along with Perch first half but faded in the second. Both our wingers were poor, Hoilett seems badly faded from recent weeks and Phillips labours through games. Polter, on the other hand, is growing into his centre forward role, but he needs service, and the crossing (from all our players) just wasn't up to it.

This was a jaded QPR team lacking any spark or invention. I thought Washington looked sharp and strong on his debut, but he came on way too late for me. 10 minutes is just not enough time to get into the game. And by that point, we were hanging on, only kept in the game by three great stops in succession from Smithies, who one fumble apart, is looking a decent replacement for Green.

The main problem for me, seems to be a lack of any cohesion in the midfield. Faurlin could be one solution. Looking forward to his return in front of the defence and a full 90 minutes from Conor Washington. This could be a long season for us fans, who've been spoilt in recent years by talents such as Adel Taarabt and Charlie Austin. Currently we're just a bang average Championship side. Let's hope the rebuild keeps on going and next season we put in a decent challenge.
Working...
X