Ramsey the man, Ramsey the manager..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey the man, Ramsey the manager..

I all the personal attacks on Chris Ramsey that I read on here extremely distasteful. Let's differentiate between Chris Ramsey the man and Chris Ramsey the manager.

As far as I can tell, Ramsey is a decent bloke. His heart's in the right place, and of course, he is trying his best to succeed. But Chris Ramsey the manager clearly just isn't up to the job of managing a team in the cauldron of the Championship. But surely the blame has to lie with whoever appointed him? Rather than coating the man off continuously, we should look to our chairman, who couldn't make the right decision if it smacked him in the face. Hapless doesn't come close. Every single decision Tony Fernandes has made since becoming chairman has been backwards. Sacking Colin, appointing Hughes (with free rein to spend), sacking him too late, appointing Redknapp with a similar open cheque-book, being utterly in thrall to him, sacking him too late, and then, appointing a man who has never managed before as first team coach, on a three year contract.

It's bewildering. I mean, how has he actually managed to run a successful business? Maybe football is Tony Fernandes' kryptonite.

It occurs to me the same thing applies to Nedum Onuoha. How many people on here, who were lauding him and calling him Chief and saying what a great captain he'd make are now saying he's a total donkey? Onuoha is being played out of position. He's clearly not a right back. He, like Ramsey, is trying his best. Nedum is a better than average centre-back, but he's been playing in a defence that our manager (who is, managerially, clueless) continually chops and changes. Not easy for him, trying to step into the role of captain at the same time.

Ramsey needs to go, I think we're all (well, 99% of us) agreed on that. But let's try and refrain from making it personal. The real problem at our club is Fernandes. He's learning how to be a chairman on the job, just like Ramsey is learning how to be a manager, at the expense of long-suffering fans who have supported the club through thick and thin. I'm not sure what we can do about this. The one bright light in the gloom might be Lee Hoos, who I've met twice now, and seems to know what's what. Let's hope he can have some kind of influence on this shambles. He may prove to be Fernandes' first good decision.

Offering a bloke with no managerial experience a 3 year deal at a recently relagted premier league club is ridiculous. Let a league 2 side take a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      I all the personal attacks on Chris Ramsey that I read on here extremely distasteful. Let's differentiate between Chris Ramsey the man and Chris Ramsey the manager.

As far as I can tell, Ramsey is a decent bloke. His heart's in the right place, and of course, he is trying his best to succeed. But Chris Ramsey the manager clearly just isn't up to the job of managing a team in the cauldron of the Championship. But surely the blame has to lie with whoever appointed him? Rather than coating the man off continuously, we should look to our chairman, who couldn't make the right decision if it smacked him in the face. Hapless doesn't come close. Every single decision Tony Fernandes has made since becoming chairman has been backwards. Sacking Colin, appointing Hughes (with free rein to spend), sacking him too late, appointing Redknapp with a similar open cheque-book, being utterly in thrall to him, sacking him too late, and then, appointing a man who has never managed before as first team coach, on a three year contract.

It's bewildering. I mean, how has he actually managed to run a successful business? Maybe football is Tony Fernandes' kryptonite.

It occurs to me the same thing applies to Nedum Onuoha. How many people on here, who were lauding him and calling him Chief and saying what a great captain he'd make are now saying he's a total donkey? Onuoha is being played out of position. He's clearly not a right back. He, like Ramsey, is trying his best. Nedum is a better than average centre-back, but he's been playing in a defence that our manager (who is, managerially, clueless) continually chops and changes. Not easy for him, trying to step into the role of captain at the same time.

Ramsey needs to go, I think we're all (well, 99% of us) agreed on that. But let's try and refrain from making it personal. The real problem at our club is Fernandes. He's learning how to be a chairman on the job, just like Ramsey is learning how to be a manager, at the expense of long-suffering fans who have supported the club through thick and thin. I'm not sure what we can do about this. The one bright light in the gloom might be Lee Hoos, who I've met twice now, and seems to know what's what. Let's hope he can have some kind of influence on this shambles. He may prove to be Fernandes' first good decision.
      I still think he is banging Mrs H
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Hubble is spot on. Ramsey is not quite up to it, but as a person, he is just as likeable as Ole Gunnar Solskjær. No wonder I desperately wanted him to do good. Hence, What a shame that Fernandes did this to him. He should have paid him a large sum of money to ensure him staying on as a Coach. Last season Matt Phillips raved about how Ramsey made him a better player. That speaks volume about his ability to work With players on an individual basis,imo.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

You can't blame Ramsey for taking the job. The man has ambition, knows he has a good reputation to fall back on as a youth coach from the outstanding work he did at Spurs, so why not. He comes across as a very decent, calm and thoughtful man, which is just as well given the barracking he's getting at the moment. Clearly appointing him was a big risk and sadly looks like another of Tony's litany of mistakes, particularly with Paul Clement available at the start of the season and now in charge of what's looking a very impressive Derby side. I just hope that when he does go that he's treated well by the club...a decent guy, doing his best. The sad thing is that we are just an ongoing crisis, with managers coming and going at lightening speed. It would be easier to take if we could discern a Rangers style - the sort of approach that Swansea cultivated and then recruited managers who could deliver that style and retain a consistency of play and playing staff. The chances are the next manager will want a clear out, to get his players in ......on and on the merry-go-round spins....
          Last edited by amusant; 31-10-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

when he walked off last night he didn't even look at or applaud us fans , he may be a nice bloke but the football his team are playing is " hoof ball" i don't want to be buying two match tickets , two train fares, to watch that i can watch that for free any sunday morning at the park. the personnel attacks on him are wrong , i saw real hate and venom for him last night from our fans . he has had long enough on the training pitch to get the team playing in a certain style , a game plan , tactics . the excuses he comes out with after the games really annoy me , if you don't get shots on target man you don't score goals . 2nd half we had one chance phillips weak , tame header ...... not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Too true. Too many people make it personal. The man is out of his depth but who put him there.
              To those who say he should walk, if you were in a job where things weren't working out but believed in your own abilities, would you walk if you honestly thought you could turn it around ?
              This applies to some of the players too. Karl Henry isn't good enough but he doesn't pick himself. Is he supposed to tell the manager he's not available for selection due to lack of ability.
              The buck stops with Fernandes here and he needs to get a fu€king grip of things quickly. Even his latest decision to allow Warnock into the set up is a joke. Bringing someone who many see as Ramseys successor into the club, even before the man he's potentially replacing has been given the sack is just another example of how naive Fernandes is as a chairmen.
              Someone else on here said Warnock had previously been quoted as saying Ramsey isn't right for the job. Surely that's got to undermine Ramseys already tenuous position.
              Fernandes needs to remove his head from his ar$e and put us and Ramsey out of our misery. He'd actually be doing the man a favour now.
              We are fast becoming more of a laughing stock of a club than we already were, if that is at all possible.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
              X