Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    QPR 1st done a lot of good when the Wimbledon merger started

The problem we have is the ridiculous situation where we are a small club but we have a stupid amount of fans groups and websites for the size of the club so it's no surprise the club won't listen to them.

What we need is 1 or 2 groups max and people working together but that will never happen due to ego's
    But there are only 2 now: QPR1st and LSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      But there are only 2 now: QPR1st and LSA.
      What about all the websites who want their 15 mins of fame
      We Are The People.....

Comment

What about all the websites who want their 15 mins of fame
        There is a distinction between fan messageboards like watrb, LFW, dotorg, indyrs etc which are simply public platforms for QPR fans to express their opinions

and

the two fan orgs LSA and QPR1st. which have been set up and organised with the intention of representing our fanbase (or at least attempting to). QPR OSC had attempted this in the past but they no longer exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          There is a distinction between fan messageboards like watrb, LFW, dotorg, indyrs etc which are simply public platforms for QPR fans to express their opinions

and

the two fan orgs LSA and QPR1st. which have been set up and organised with the intention of representing our fanbase (or at least attempting to). QPR OSC had attempted this in the past but they no longer exist.
          But the messageboards now meet the club as well why can't it just be QPR 1st or the LSA
          We Are The People.....

Comment

But the messageboards now meet the club as well ...
            Because the club wants to engage as many fans as possible through these meetings. There are probably many more posters on various messageboards nowadays than there are members of these fans' organisations. Which is not a good or a bad thing, just something that must be reckoned with and cannot be reversed, I guess.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

But the messageboards now meet the club as well
              Correct, but that is only with the club's media dept and the meetings agenda only relates to media and comms matters.

why can't it just be QPR 1st or the LSA
              These two orgs, as far as I understand, have bi or annual meetings with the club. The meetings have representation from the club's Board and have a much wider remit of all issues related to the running of the club. Whether they still continue I can't be certain (as I read they haven't always been satisfactory from the fan orgs' perspective) but this was the original intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                How many people are signed up to QPR 1st? It's quite easy for one or two people to set up an organisation claiming to represent a large group but what actually makes them representative of that group?

One of the problems we seem to have is that we have a number of different organisations claiming to represent us so it seems fractured and disorganised. Why can't they all get together first to unite and work as one?If the fans can't even do it why do we expect the club to?
                This seems to have been a problem for many years now. No wonder the club obviously in many matters donīt take their fanbase that seriously.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Didn't QPR first instigate the bucket buying of Jamie Cureton and part help the Shittu deal with the Wintons? ..quite important I would say!!

Comment

Working...
                  X