Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from Wednesday

Thought I would share what is very obvious to me:

1) Hoilett can not play in the hole as he has no vision. He can only play on the wing and best is left as he can cut in and shoot
    2) Phillips can't play on the left as he always turns back to then slowly come inside. He's best on the right I think
    3) O'Neill doesn't have the speed or energy in the middle. For me he should be in the hole or on the bench
    4) Faurlin is too slow to be played with someone else as slow in the same position (O'Neill). Faurlin is better with the ball and fitter though so I would choose him over O'Neill
    5) AJ needs to start with Austin, especially now Kranjcar is injured and the best we have to play behind the striker (O'Neill) isn't anywhere near as lively and productive as AJ

6) Austin works hard and drops deep enough to almost the role behind the striker. This is why we don't score enough goals because he is the lone striker but after 15-20 mins when he isn't getting the ball drops deep. We have to play 2 upfront to start winning games with more judgement than luck. With Austin "named" as the striker in a 4-5-1 formation we are more often than not playing a 4-6 formation.
Working...
X