Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James1979
    replied
    Also if you look at our income, it's peanuts. We need financial support just to break-even in the championship.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    I've written essays on this forum with endless ramblings trying to say this and you've done it in 3 lines!
    It really worries me the views of some fans towards our owners. We will have absolutely no control over the next owner. It is a massive risk. We have a good asset in west london that could be sold up. We could be run just to break even with no concern for onfield performance. People seem to think owner is like taking an opinion on our useless management team!

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    well we're a championship team based on fanbase, so I think we're pretty much par being in this division. If he turns all his loans into external debt, then I"d have had enough. He has not tried to make a profit out of us or tried to strip us of all our assets. He has tried to invest to take us to the next level but individuals he has hired have failed. We've been very lucky in my view to have the owner that we do.
    I've written essays on this forum with endless ramblings trying to say this and you've done it in 3 lines!
    Last edited by Cjskinz; 26-04-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    well we're a championship team based on fanbase, so I think we're pretty much par being in this division. If he turns all his loans into external debt, then I"d have had enough. He has not tried to make a profit out of us or tried to strip us of all our assets. He has tried to invest to take us to the next level but individuals he has hired have failed. We've been very lucky in my view to have the owner that we do.
    I give up.

Sooner or later I'm sure you'll come around and see it.

I used to be of your opinion in regards to TF and the board.

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    If you're happy to continually accept and continue to make excuses for the guy then that is your prerogative. I pay too much and care too much to be able to do so.
    It's not that I don't care? And having had a season ticket for 23 years I've certainly seen a lot worse and would say I care about as much as anyone.
    I'm not happy with the recent results of course I'm not. I'm not making excuses for the people I personally think are to blame.

Most clubs have failings behind the scenes as well, but we're not close enough to the other clubs to know what they are. What are the Birmingham forums like right now? Arsenal? It's not a perfect business never will be.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Whilst in principle I'd agree with that in others business's, in regards to QPR it's totally different. Uncle T hasn't just been a shareholder who has stumped up the money and let people he employs get on with it - we all know the involvement he has had with meeting the managers, signing players, being the main man who is in control and customer facing to us supporters.

What will it take for certain fans to criticise Tony and the board for his bad employment choices and decisions which impact our club so greatly?
    League 1 football, League 2 football, worse? Will fans have had enough then? Cause no doubt they'll still be season tickets going for over £500 whilst being in League 1...

Lovely bloke but he cannot run a football club.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    They are trying to rectify the situation. Just because it hasn't happened over night doesn't mean nothing is changing.

We don't have a superstar striker, a mercurial Moroccan or special players like that anymore. They are very rare and we were very lucky. Now the team have to get by without players like that. The managers we have have to work on an extremely limited budget.

Can't keep calling for the manager's heads every 6 months. Can't keep trying to get TF sacked for trying to do the right thing. Can't call for LF to be sacked for trying to bring players in that aren't premiership quality yet. Can't keep wanting Lee Hoos sacked for doing his job... Fans constantly calling for anyone's head (except when we're winning) seems more like a circus to me.

Previous circus was down to Briatore, Hughes, Redknapp and i will concede Les Ferdinand for the appointment of Ramsey which Tony should have stopped but again perhaps he has been too genuine and trusting of the people he employs? That's not enough for me wanting him gone to be honest

End of the day, Fernandes is the one paying the bills so you may as well get behind him and count yourself lucky we don't have owners like Orient, Blackburn etc
    I don't have to get behind anyone purely because they are paying the bills lad.

If you're happy to continually accept and continue to make excuses for the guy then that is your prerogative. I pay too much and care too much to be able to do so.

Whatever your view, fans as a whole cannot deny that in this tenure on more than one occasion we have looked like a circus of a club with decisions and failings aplenty from the boardroom.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 26-04-2017, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I can sum it up very simply. Ollie is not a good manager, Les is not a good DoF and TF is not a good chairman.
    I would still like to stick with TF.
    Never wanted Ollie here, but not sure when he should go. Now or should we give him more time?
    Seems that we are more stabilized off the pitch after all.

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
    Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
    In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
    They are trying to rectify the situation. Just because it hasn't happened over night doesn't mean nothing is changing.

We don't have a superstar striker, a mercurial Moroccan or special players like that anymore. They are very rare and we were very lucky. Now the team have to get by without players like that. The managers we have have to work on an extremely limited budget.

Can't keep calling for the manager's heads every 6 months. Can't keep trying to get TF sacked for trying to do the right thing. Can't call for LF to be sacked for trying to bring players in that aren't premiership quality yet. Can't keep wanting Lee Hoos sacked for doing his job... Fans constantly calling for anyone's head (except when we're winning) seems more like a circus to me.

Previous circus was down to Briatore, Hughes, Redknapp and i will concede Les Ferdinand for the appointment of Ramsey which Tony should have stopped but again perhaps he has been too genuine and trusting of the people he employs? That's not enough for me wanting him gone to be honest

End of the day, Fernandes is the one paying the bills so you may as well get behind him and count yourself lucky we don't have owners like Orient, Blackburn etc

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Well if comparing to a business, they are the shareholders. You can't fire the shareholders. Underperformance is due to CEO and operating managers. They get the sack. The owners just stump up the cash and ensure that business is ok going forward. They can make bad decisions on people they hire and may give high level instructions but it is the people who they have hired who have made these bad decisions. I would personally sack the whole bloody lot of them. what harm does it do? Owners then start again.
    Whilst in principle I'd agree with that in others business's, in regards to QPR it's totally different. Uncle T hasn't just been a shareholder who has stumped up the money and let people he employs get on with it - we all know the involvement he has had with meeting the managers, signing players, being the main man who is in control and customer facing to us supporters.

What will it take for certain fans to criticise Tony and the board for his bad employment choices and decisions which impact our club so greatly?
    League 1 football, League 2 football, worse? Will fans have had enough then? Cause no doubt they'll still be season tickets going for over £500 whilst being in League 1...

Lovely bloke but he cannot run a football club.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
    Don't mistake good will for competence mate!

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
    Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
    In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
    Well if comparing to a business, they are the shareholders. You can't fire the shareholders. Underperformance is due to CEO and operating managers. They get the sack. The owners just stump up the cash and ensure that business is ok going forward. They can make bad decisions on people they hire and may give high level instructions but it is the people who they have hired who have made these bad decisions. I would personally sack the whole bloody lot of them. what harm does it do? Owners then start again.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied

Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...

Last edited by West London is Rss; 26-04-2017, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied

Spot on!

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X