Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we not actually realise how good we have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waggadaddy View Post
    Personally I think the team on Saturday would win....There was definitely more passion in the team Vs Sheff Weds but much more quality in the team on Saturday but for some reason or another didn't perform.....Would be quite close though...

Squad wise there is absolutely no comparison....and PaulMason even you must admit that?

When the potential team can be the following.

Cerny, Connelly, Stewart, Gorrks, Leigetwood, Routledge, Buszaky, Rowlands, Vine, Ageymang, Lopez
    I agree 100% if all the players were fit we would have a rally good team but they are not and we at best are average without them. I said "currently on display" which does not include the injured players or the strikers we should have signed.

As you say "There was definitely more passion in the team Vs Sheff Weds" which as a fan is all I want to see and if there was a bit more on display, there would not be the discussion about ST sales.

Comment

Originally posted by qprcarlos View Post
      All season i have been a fly on the wall on this site posting sometimes but mostly staying out of the way. It seems to me most if not all of the users to this site and others will not be happy until there are paying a pound for a season ticket and watching us play man utd style football......
      The main thing that i have noticed as with all clubs is the WHO plays WHERE debates and the WHO signed WHO debate, frankly i couldn't give two hoots. The playing staff now is better then its been since the dizzy heights of 96'.
      If you look at it this way, who in our team could play for lets say Wolves, Brum or Reading the answer is quite a few..... managers and players will come and go, but i hope that the days of Andy Thomson and DouDou being our heros are long gone and the future is based around the likes of Vine, Buzacky and Connelly etc cos that is on my mind more then the price of a ticket or who signed who.....
      thanks for reading and come on you r'ssssssssssssss
      The playing staff may be better mate but dont give me none of this b ollox about how well off we are. We currently have owners who couldnt give a s hit about the fans, who strung us all this b ulls hit about 'champions league in 4 years', who have upped the price to watch a game of football to such a height that a lot of fans, who were here long before Flabbio and that puppet of his Paladini, can no longer afford to go, are sending our top goalscorer away on loan behind the managers back and have made a hell of a lot of die-hard QPR fans become so dissillusioned that they cant be bothered to go on a saturday. This takeover which we all believed was the start of the dream has turned into a nightmare. So no mate we havent got it good, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        The playing staff may be better mate but dont give me none of this b ollox about how well off we are. We currently have owners who couldnt give a s hit about the fans, who strung us all this b ulls hit about 'champions league in 4 years', who have upped the price to watch a game of football to such a height that a lot of fans, who were here long before Flabbio and that puppet of his Paladini, can no longer afford to go, are sending our top goalscorer away on loan behind the managers back and have made a hell of a lot of die-hard QPR fans become so dissillusioned that they cant be bothered to go on a saturday. This takeover which we all believed was the start of the dream has turned into a nightmare. So no mate we havent got it good, not at all.
        I can understand the frustration but hardly a nightmare. A nightmare is going into administration, getting relegated. We are just upset because we cant get instant promotion. Whatever anyone says this year HAS been better than last year. There's other bad things going on, but in this time why cant we just be happy we still exist and are STILL looking at the premiership, rather than downwards.

If you supported Charlton you could say nightmare, same for Southampton. They both have bigger fanbases than us, bigger stadiums. Then theres Leeds. And Luton fans are probably telling them to wise up! So DEFINITELY no nightmare.

And as for that best XI that we could have this season its depressing to see Agyemang in it, and its probably true that he is in our first 11 now which says a lot. Hes a trier but hes no better than Akinbiyi/Adebola/Fallon, all those average Championship players.

Comment

Paul Mason wrote
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team that played Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the 2003/4 season would have beaten the team that drew against Crystal palace on Saturday.

In what formation?
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

"Whatever anyone says this year HAS been better than last year."

I dont think so. At the end of last season there was such a fell good factor around W12 it was unreal but this year, their is nothing and I am sure there are some fans who have been going all thier life wish the season ended tomorrow, as they have fallen a little out of love with QPR at the moment.

Comment

big dave 4 year plans are normally 4 years long so the owners have a bit of time on there hands until you can truly object.......FACT!!!!

Comment

qprcarlos - i said in my reply "hardly any" - although i didn't name the few that would/could - by and large this isn't a promotion winning squad - by that i mean a squad that would probably need 2 maybe 3 class players added to it for us to attain premiership status - be fair mate how many of the current crop can you see making us safe in the prem ?

Comment

Originally posted by qprcarlos View Post
                  big dave 4 year plans are normally 4 years long so the owners have a bit of time on there hands until you can truly object.......FACT!!!!
                  Very Alan Partridge!

Comment

Originally posted by toboboly View Post
                    Very Alan Partridge!

more David Brent but ill take it as a compliment!!!!!

Comment

Regardless of which of which team is better, the promotion team of 03/04 or the one that played on saturday against palace, let me turn that on its head.

Which crowd would you rather play for? The one at Hillsborough who were behind the team 100%, or the recent crowd who boo every mistake, and sing for the players not picked.

This board is responsible for much of the recent atmosphere at HQ, but I can assure you the majority of fans believe we have come a long way, and think you are wrong.

baa!

Comment

Originally posted by RamseyR View Post
                        but I can assure you the majority of fans believe we have come a long way, and think you are wrong.

baa!
                        You can assure us that can you? What did you walk round LR on sat doing a survey? Judging by a hell of a lot views i've read on various MB's there is serious unrest amongst supporters at the way our club is being run.

Comment

Originally posted by crossborderexile View Post
                          would that be the same team in 96 that were relegated ? our present squad and our hopes are built around Buszaky, Vine and Rowlands the rest are fairly mediocre - when you've stumped up £600 for a season ticket you're really entitled to better football than we've been dished up - lets be fair a few more bad results could've seen us struggling to stay up - alternatively a few our nil nil draws could've been turned into 3 points had we purchased a GOOD striker during the close season - which to be fair most season ticket holders probably expected - in answer to your question which of our squad could play for the top 3 or 4 teams as they stand at present - the answer is hardly any mate !

Good strickers need to be for sale and want to come to us you might not realise but strickers are humans they choose where they live and play some might want to live and play near and in london some would rather stay in the midlands or scotland etc.
                          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Working...
                          X