Are we forgetting that ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we forgetting that ...

I think with respect to the Blackstock sale and the arguments concerning playing 5 across the midfield that we forget that last year we generated a lot more goals from midfield last year. Additionally Blackstock just snuck into the top five goal scorers (with 3 less than Pat!). My point is is that if we had some of the top 4 goalscores from last year fit then (Buzz, Pat, Vine and Rowlands) it would be reasonable to have expected to score a few more goals this year. I for one am not sad to see Dex go and that if we bring in 2 new strikers then I think we will have the strikeforce to give the CCC a real shake next year in conjunction with a great midfield. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

:super_man:

I think you are right. I mentioned this on the old board some weeks ago that Buzsaky, Vine and Rowlands scored 25 goals between them which this season would have been the difference between our current standing and a top 6 position. Last season our strikers including Dex, Pat, Nygaard, Sahar and Nardiello scored fewer goals than HH, SDC and Blackstock have scored this season. It is the lack of goals from midfield which have seen us struggle.

Comment

Agree mendoza! Injurys have killed us this season!
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Anyone who thinks Pat will ever get anywhere near repeating his goalscoring exploits of last season is deluded IMO - He had never done it before in his career and a carrer record of 1 in 5 goals suggests he never will again. Since his run of 8 in 7 when he first joined it's been 2 in 32 i.e. 1 in 16 games!

Never will be the answer and unfortunately can't see anyone taking him off our hands with a high wage and long contract.

Roqlands return this year was also a lot lower.

Buzz did well when he first came and was class last year but was pretty anonymous this season after coming back from his last injury (due to be played out of position?).

The point of this? I, for one, am not convinced that the blame the injuries argument totally stacks up and too much pressure will be heaped upon returning players and unrealistic expectations of us being a top 6 side again..

We need a clear out and some quality incoming - and not necessarily by paying high transfer fees - just quality and if it means paying them a bit more then s be it - but please not another influx of players who can't get in their current sides and pointless loans..
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

In regards to agyemang, he will never be a 20 goal a season striker. But i think at the start of this season when he was playing he looked very very sharp, and we got some good results with him in the team. If fit i think he can play a big part next season.
          When he did play this season he was all over the place, good pace, closes the ball down, chases, chips in with a goal here and there, he's like a dog on pills when he gets going. Useful player imo.

Endless energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post
            In regards to agyemang, he will never be a 20 goal a season striker. But i think at the start of this season when he was playing he looked very very sharp, and we got some good results with him in the team. If fit i think he can play a big part next season.
            When he did play this season he was all over the place, good pace, closes the ball down, chases, chips in with a goal here and there, he's like a dog on pills when he gets going. Useful player imo.

Endless energy.
            Also he scored his goals for us with the creativity of Buzsaky and Vine behind him. Something he hasn't had this season. I too don't believe he is a 20 goal a season striker but I think he makes an impact with 20 left on the clock.

Comment

I think Agyemang is a great impact player to be bought on in the closing stages of a game. Running at tired defences.

I believe that our squad is unbalanced, lots of similar type players in midfield and no real out and out goal poaching striker. The balance will come if we stick with a manager for a period of time and ensure that no player comes in without his say so

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post

Endless energy.
                Just like Stefan Moore eh?
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Oh come on, Moore just looked disinterested due to obviously being out of his depth. Dave is not outstanding but he is a championship player

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                    Just like Stefan Moore eh?
                    P.Agyemang is massively better then Stefan moore!

IM BETTER THAN STEFAN MOORE!

Comment

Agree with Writtler: Buz and Vine might blow the division away next season, but are just as likely to look a bit Lee Cook like.

As for Agy, while I admire his effort and power I just don't see the point of an impact striker who won't get you a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                        Anyone who thinks Pat will ever get anywhere near repeating his goalscoring exploits of last season is deluded IMO - He had never done it before in his career and a carrer record of 1 in 5 goals suggests he never will again. Since his run of 8 in 7 when he first joined it's been 2 in 32 i.e. 1 in 16 games!

Never will be the answer and unfortunately can't see anyone taking him off our hands with a high wage and long contract.

Roqlands return this year was also a lot lower.

Buzz did well when he first came and was class last year but was pretty anonymous this season after coming back from his last injury (due to be played out of position?).

The point of this? I, for one, am not convinced that the blame the injuries argument totally stacks up and too much pressure will be heaped upon returning players and unrealistic expectations of us being a top 6 side again..

We need a clear out and some quality incoming - and not necessarily by paying high transfer fees - just quality and if it means paying them a bit more then s be it - but please not another influx of players who can't get in their current sides and pointless loans..
                        Agree generally with your sentiments. I too do not want to see too much pressure placed on players returning frm injury. We do need a clean out and we do need to spend/loan wisely. However, one of the points of this was that if we had say 20% of the goals scored by these 4 players (say 6 to 7) then potentially (especially given the amount of 0-0 draws we have had) we could have been in a much better position. A point we should not overlook.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
                          I think with respect to the Blackstock sale and the arguments concerning playing 5 across the midfield that we forget that last year we generated a lot more goals from midfield last year. Additionally Blackstock just snuck into the top five goal scorers (with 3 less than Pat!). My point is is that if we had some of the top 4 goalscores from last year fit then (Buzz, Pat, Vine and Rowlands) it would be reasonable to have expected to score a few more goals this year. I for one am not sad to see Dex go and that if we bring in 2 new strikers then I think we will have the strikeforce to give the CCC a real shake next year in conjunction with a great midfield. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

:super_man:
                          Agreed too..... The current squad, when fit, will be and is awsome

Comment

Working...
                          X