Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So we are yet to win one 90mins game in pre season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
    We did beat Bromley
    Well that's alright then. Not a bad pre season at all, a win against Bromley and Peterborough. QPR should be just fine in the season ahead.

I'm concerned that a new right back has not been signed, but am ok with most of the squad as long as none of the players like Sylla, Yeni, Freeman are sold.

The defence does not look at all organised or in better shape and the tactics, creativity and goals are lacking, so what does concern me most is that I do not think that Holloway is capable of getting any better results from them than he managed last season.

I may be accused of being a doomsayer, but rather that than kid myself that this is going to be anything other than another long hard season of many defeats.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Well that's alright then. Not a bad pre season at all, a win against Bromley and Peterborough. QPR should be just fine in the season ahead.

I'm concerned that a new right back has not been signed, but am ok with most of the squad as long as none of the players like Sylla, Yeni, Freeman are sold.

The defence does not look at all organised or in better shape and the tactics, creativity and goals are lacking, so what does concern me most is that I do not think that Holloway is capable of getting any better results from them than he managed last season.

I may be accused of being a doomsayer, but rather that than kid myself that this is going to be anything other than another long hard season of many defeats.
      I was just stating a fact as I agree and can't believe we haven't added to our defence yet. Why we keep getting linked to midfielders is beyond me as for me as I think our midfield is good as it is and the last area of the pitch we need to concentrate on.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
        Why we keep getting linked to midfielders is beyond me as for me as I think our midfield is good as it is and the last area of the pitch we need to concentrate on.
        Yeah, I don't see how the midfielders we already have will fit in. Luongo, Manning, Scowen, Cousins, Borysiuk, Goss, Hall (maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Yeah, I don't see how the midfielders we already have will fit in. Luongo, Manning, Scowen, Cousins, Borysiuk, Goss, Hall (maybe)
          For me atm luongos a weak point, his shooting leaves something to be desired aswell as his tracking back! leaves him in no man land atm for me compared to our other midfielders.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            For me atm luongos a weak point, his shooting leaves something to be desired aswell as his tracking back! leaves him in no man land atm for me compared to our other midfielders.
            Agree spot on

Comment

Think you'd see a different player if he had Scowen / Borysiuk dealing with the defensive side. Freedom to play smart passes and run with the ball like he did at Reading.

Agree though, shooting is woeful and, for me, Freeman should be in that number 10 position behind the strikers all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Think you'd see a different player if he had Scowen / Borysiuk dealing with the defensive side. Freedom to play smart passes and run with the ball like he did at Reading.

Agree though, shooting is woeful and, for me, Freeman should be in that number 10 position behind the strikers all day long.
                I agree, even yeni would be a good no10 aswell, we definately are spoilt for choices.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

we definately are spoilt for choices.
                  Just not blessed in some crucial areas !

Comment

i don`t know what Ollie is thinking but with Scowen and Borosiuk as a shield in front of the defence we don`t need any new additions in defence. They just need time to gel as a unit. Personally, I`m not sure this makes sense, but maybe the manager thinks so..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      i don`t know what Ollie is thinking but with Scowen and Borosiuk as a shield in front of the defence we don`t need any new additions in defence. They just need time to gel as a unit. Personally, I`m not sure this makes sense, but maybe the manager thinks so..
                      While the 2 CM would certainly help the defence it would be naive to think the defensive issues are solved. Very weak at RB and although Hall / Onuha is the best pairingwe have, we could do with a better CB than Lynch.

Comment

While the 2 CM would certainly help the defence it would be naive to think the defensive issues are solved. Very weak at RB and although Hall / Onuha is the best pairingwe have, we could do with a better CB than Lynch.
                        Everyone think hall and nedum are a decent centre back pairing but neither are vocal. The goals conceded last season were embarrassing.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

OK this is where I am at. People just think I've got it in for Ned when in truth I haven't at all however it is no shock that nedum played his best football alongside dunne and Ryan nelson. You can play hall or Ned but not together. I would go with hall because he is the future but we need to sign a new centre half to help his progression. You can call it ball sh it but playing centre half is a real partnership where you should complement each other and one definitely needs to be vocal
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Yes he did, but don't let that get in the way of Ninja and his thoughts.
                            Yeah if you look, I'd already acknowledged that, genius.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              OK this is where I am at. People just think I've got it in for Ned when in truth I haven't at all however it is no shock that nedum played his best football alongside dunne and Ryan nelson. You can play hall or Ned but not together. I would go with hall because he is the future but we need to sign a new centre half to help his progression. You can call it ball sh it but playing centre half is a real partnership where you should complement each other and one definitely needs to be vocal
                              I agree mate

Comment

They're playing away at Valencia the day after so they might not play that many first team players.

Still expect them to walk through our keystone defence though
                                Agree with that if they are playing at Valencia on Sunday, then the chance is that they will mostly be playing squad fillers and reserves. However, that would still be a better team than the 4th tier German side, so expect another high scoring game in which Bournemouth will not try too hard to beat QPR. How the tables have changed - it wasn't that long ago that QPR would have been charitable to Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X