LB - Hill
    CM - Faurlin
    CM - Struggling between Mbia, Diakite, Derry and Granero
    RM - Townsend
    LM - Taarabt
    ST - Austin
    ST - Remy

How has everyone missed Kyle Walker??
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
      GK - Smithies
      RB - Walker
      CB - Onuoha
      CB - Dunne
      LB - Hill
      CM - Faurlin
      CM - Struggling between Mbia, Diakite, Derry and Granero
      RM - Townsend
      LM - Taarabt
      ST - Austin
      ST - Remy

How has everyone missed Kyle Walker??
      because he came the year before TF came in...
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        because he came the year before TF came in...
        Well I've f*cked up there then. You win this round.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
          Why only 9 players?
          there are 11... it's the team at the bottom:

Alex Smithies (6.772)
          Nedum Onuoha (7.191); Richard Dunne (7.187); Steven Caulker (7.143)
          Massimo Luongo (7.495); Joey Barton (7.246) Alejandro Faurlin (7.155)
          Andros Townsend (7.25); Adel Taarabt (7.407); Leroy Fer (7.455)
          Heidar Helguson (7.4)
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            A real pointless thread if ever this because we all know that most of the players that have been here over the last 4 years have been good players just for whatever reason they never came good , here's an excellent player we had that never came good Estaban or whatever vargos another nobody could doubt they had ability along with most ,just bought without any plan just an attitude throw them all together and it will play as team , where in reality the ones least expected to do well did consistently ie Townsend Nelson , it's been this fire sale attitude toward signing player's T F had a bum deal when he first took over due to the dwarf and Briatori's attitude not allowing Warnock not bring any body in hence the fire sale approach that unfortunately is still going on , a reason I can't heap all the blame on JFH for present plight , Smithies apart over the last 2 years have we made what anybody would be brave enough to say he or they are really good players , and Ollie has the task of identifying his first eleven and sticking to it meaning stop this b@ llox of rotating the team at every cup opportunity change for reason of injuries or loss of form make those out of the team earn a place not just give them a game because it's a cup game
            I don't actually see how any of this is relevant... everyone else seems to be going along with it... just choose the players who have played best for us in the last 5 and a bit years.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              A real pointless thread
              In fairness to Nasser I think this is a decent thread - creates a good topic of discussion that doesn't involve Holloway which is refreshing!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Green
                Simpson Dunne Nelsen Taiwo
                Townsend Barton Faurlin Taarabt
                Austin Remy
                Subs

Cesar Hill Mbia Phillips Cisse

Comment

Smithies
                  Simpson Hill Nelson Taiwo
                  Townsend Taarabt Faurlin Smith
                  Austin Remy

Comment

Best XI

Smithies
                    Simpson Nelsen Dunne Hill
                    Faurlin
                    Phillips Morrison Tarabbt
                    Helguson Austin

Looking through some of the names over the last 5 years - McCarthy, Bosingwa, Hughes, Samba, Traore, Park, Tozser, SWP, Maiga, Keane - is probably easier to make a Worst XI !!
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 16-11-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Austin is the most valuable striker we've had in years. It baffles me he doesn't get in best 11s. We would have been far worse off he wasnt playing for us. In fact I argue we've been mediocre for a long time, just had the added extra that Charlie could knock a goal in from time to time and win us games. Sure Remy is probably a better player but nowhere near as valuable as Austin

Comment

Not many better signings of those we paid money for than Chaz and would definitely be in my 11.

Comment

We have had some proper talented individuals but never a talented team

Always lacked the manager with ability to put all the pieces together. You see the names and it should have been so good with right man in the helm

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                            Austin is the most valuable striker we've had in years. It baffles me he doesn't get in best 11s. We would have been far worse off he wasnt playing for us. In fact I argue we've been mediocre for a long time, just had the added extra that Charlie could knock a goal in from time to time and win us games. Sure Remy is probably a better player but nowhere near as valuable as Austin
                            I agree, the actual reason I think Helguson is top is because helguson only had one full season since TF came in. Less time and my assumption is that even when he didn't score, his work in build up play helped him keep his rating up. If Austin didn't score, generally his passing wasn't as good as most and as a result his rating faltered.

Comment

My personal XI is:

Cesar
                              Isla Nelsen Dunne Hill
                              Luongo Faurlin
                              Phillips Morrison Taarabt
                              Austin

Subs
                              Smithies, Simpson, Onuoha, Granero, Fer, Townsend, Remy

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                My personal XI is:

Cesar
                                Isla Nelsen Dunne Hill
                                Luongo Faurlin
                                Phillips Morrison Taarabt
                                Austin

Subs
                                Smithies, Simpson, Onuoha, Granero, Fer, Townsend, Remy
                                Very good side , but I'd put Townsend or Remy in for Taarabt

Comment

Working...
                                X