Mark Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hughes

When you see the total mess were in now trying to identify a manager in hindsight should we have stuck with Mr miserable

Discuss

Think both he and board got it disastrously wrong with types of players they got in and he has to take some responsibility for that. I rate him as a manager but it couldn't have gone much worse. That for me is when rot set in and led to some mainly **** few years Wembley trip aside.

Long term maybe could have worked and was 50/50 on his sacking at the time.

Comment

I actually thought we played good football under Hughes and just didn't get the luck. I remember losing 2-1 at Spurs and we played them off the park. I think his signings let him down rather than his managerial ability. Right manager, wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        I actually thought we played good football under Hughes and just didn't get the luck. I remember losing 2-1 at Spurs and we played them off the park. I think his signings let him down rather than his managerial ability. Right manager, wrong time.
        I remember that game. Hoilett played out of his skin

Comment

no , we would be in division 1 by now

Comment

I agree ,,,, I don't think Hughes was as bad as some think

Comment

Even if had stayed some players turned on him and fans turned on him. Even if he had the chance to clear out the squad and rebuild there would still be a negative atmosphere.
              Thought we did play good football at times and he almost got the best out of one or two players.

Good manager imo but it went horribly wrong with us.
              Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 09-11-2016, 08:03 PM.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He is clearly a good manager but it is really tough to say whether he was right for us. We played brilliantly sometimes under him. I think probably we should have given him longer. I think he would still have got us promoted the following season. But he may never have turned it around. I think sometimes no matter how good a manager is , there are situations that just don't work out. I think he could have turned it around though just like he has done at Stoke after a tough first set of games.

Comment

Maybe so. But still he is a tw@t:

OBE → QED
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

The big mistake Mark Hughes made during his time with the R's was that he tried to change a whole squad in one transfer window. Maybe he found TF to soft with his money and started buying players from all over the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      The big mistake Mark Hughes made during his time with the R's was that he tried to change a whole squad in one transfer window. Maybe he found TF to soft with his money and started buying players from all over the planet.
                      No he did what T F wanted

Comment

He did indeed as that was the season for the blue and white planes. Best away performance I saw in 20 years at Spurs that day should have be 3 to 4 up at half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                          Faurlin and Granero absolutely bossed the first half that match. Remember thinking they were just going to form this absolutely deadly partnership after that. The reason we lost is because AVB (I think it was him at the time?) realised playing Bale at left back was a waste and pushed him forward second half.

Comment

Yep AVB changed it put Vertongen at left back and Bale ran riot.

Comment

Obe → qed
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                              X