Why I think JFH is doing a good job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I think JFH is doing a good job

Rather than write in threads again and again why I think JFH is doing a good job I shall clarify here.

First up the wage bill.
    Since he has been here we have got rid of Austin (30k), Fer(35k), Phillips(25k), Faurlin, Hill, Green(40k), Diakite (45k), Hoilett(50k), Traore(was 40k in premiership unsure if clause to get it down when relegated, read may have been 25k), Yun and a few more.
    Now just the ones I have figures for reduces it by 250k a week, probably 300k minimum once you include the rest. Now of course we have brought in players, Washington, El Khayati, Bidwell, Ingram, Lynch, Sylla, Pawrl, Ariel, Cousins, Yenu (I feel I have forgotten someone). Anyway say 12k a week each( in relation to how much Chery gets paid) that's 120k a week between all 9. So take that from 300k and we are spending 180k a week less. Over the course of a year that is around 10 million less.

I know some of you say we haven't improved but the above shows we have. We have exactly the same number of points as last year with inferior players (Austin, Fer and Phillips easily fitted into Premiership clubs) and far greater budget control. Now that is progress, that is down to Les, Lee and Jimmy. We are also spending far less than our immediate rivals yet still keeping the same place in the tablr, that shows great talent in scouting and the transfer market. Out of all the players that have come in this summer, I would say only Cousins and Yeni havent shown what they are capable of. Both have had injuries and Yeni has had extremely traumatic personal circumstances so that is completely understandable.

Moving onto something that has been a area of great disappointment over many years, youth. Now we currently have two youth team players regularly playing league football. Both Niko and Shodipo have played well when they have been involved, I know someone said Niko looked out of his depth yesterday but that is one game. The other three appearances I don't think anyone can argue he didn't play well. This is all down to JFH and Ramsey. We also have very exciting players waiting in the wings in the form of Kakay, Eze, Furlong, Comley, Lumley.

This time last year was the start of a fairly poor run where we won just 4 times in 16 games which took us up to the end of january. Now I think we will do better than that and if we do I think that it shows just how we have improved greatly.

Now to address what other people have said regsrding us riding luck and us being poor on the pitch. I do agree, I think we have rode our luck at times and having been to most games this season, some were absolutely dire. It has at times felt like one big blue. But and this is important we are still getting results, I am happy to be patient to get the football part right whilst we are still getting results. I do think some players need replacing, Chery and Henry. I think both have a part to play but Chery needs to be replaced with a pacy number 10 who runs into the box for knockdowns shots. Henry should be kept as a utility player, injury crisis as he is versatile and as an old head in a young dressing room but other than that he isn't the right player for the team.

Lastly I think he has given us a very good spine to our team. Smithies, Caulker & Hall (I know playing poorly rright now) or Lynch, Mass and Ariel. As is shown in our play we just need to improve in creating and finishing, which Sylla is helping with.
    Last edited by nanocopic; 23-10-2016, 03:49 PM.

Some people wouldn't be happy unless we were top of the league by 30 points ,we can't win every game.

Comment

Can we pin this for whenever questions get brought up regarding why people aren't down about what's happening right now. I think this is really well written and certainly describes how I feel about it for the most part.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good post, nanocopic.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Can we pin this for whenever questions get brought up regarding why people aren't down about what's happening right now. I think this is really well written and certainly describes how I feel about it for the most part.
          Question mark in title sounds like he doubts himself.....

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Question mark in title sounds like he doubts himself.....
            That was just an error and I can't change it.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Rather than write in threads again and again why I think JFH is doing a good job I shall clarify here.

First up the wage bill.
              Since he has been here we have got rid of Austin (30k), Fer(35k), Phillips(25k), Faurlin, Hill, Green(40k), Diakite (45k), Hoilett(50k), Traore(was 40k in premiership unsure if clause to get it down when relegated, read may have been 25k), Yun and a few more.
              Now just the ones I have figures for reduces it by 250k a week, probably 300k minimum once you include the rest. Now of course we have brought in players, Washington, El Khayati, Bidwell, Ingram, Lynch, Sylla, Pawrl, Ariel, Cousins, Yenu (I feel I have forgotten someone). Anyway say 12k a week each( in relation to how much Chery gets paid) that's 120k a week between all 9. So take that from 300k and we are spending 180k a week less. Over the course of a year that is around 10 million less.

I know some of you say we haven't improved but the above shows we have. We have exactly the same number of points as last year with inferior players (Austin, Fer and Phillips easily fitted into Premiership clubs) and far greater budget control. Now that is progress, that is down to Les, Lee and Jimmy. We are also spending far less than our immediate rivals yet still keeping the same place in the tablr, that shows great talent in scouting and the transfer market. Out of all the players that have come in this summer, I would say only Cousins and Yeni havent shown what they are capable of. Both have had injuries and Yeni has had extremely traumatic personal circumstances so that is completely understandable.

Moving onto something that has been a area of great disappointment over many years, youth. Now we currently have two youth team players regularly playing league football. Both Niko and Shodipo have played well when they have been involved, I know someone said Niko looked out of his depth yesterday but that is one game. The other three appearances I don't think anyone can argue he didn't play well. This is all down to JFH and Ramsey. We also have very exciting players waiting in the wings in the form of Kakay, Eze, Furlong, Comley, Lumley.

This time last year was the start of a fairly poor run where we won just 4 times in 16 games which took us up to the end of january. Now I think we will do better than that and if we do I think that it shows just how we have improved greatly.

Now to address what other people have said regsrding us riding luck and us being poor on the pitch. I do agree, I think we have rode our luck at times and having been to most games this season, some were absolutely dire. It has at times felt like one big blue. But and this is important we are still getting results, I am happy to be patient to get the football part right whilst we are still getting results. I do think some players need replacing, Chery and Henry. I think both have a part to play but Chery needs to be replaced with a pacy number 10 who runs into the box for knockdowns shots. Henry should be kept as a utility player, injury crisis as he is versatile and as an old head in a young dressing room but other than that he isn't the right player for the team.

Lastly I think he has given us a very good spine to our team. Smithies, Caulker & Hall (I know playing poorly rright now) or Lynch, Mass and Ariel. As is shown in our play we just need to improve in creating and finishing, which Sylla is helping with.
              This is mostly to do with how Les and Lee have been doing. It has very little to do with JFH and the way the team have been playing. Most people agree (not all) that Les and Lee have been doing a good job.

Comment

Very good post Nano ,
                but ,
                and you knew the but would be coming ,we ,the football watching public of Loftus Rd were brought up , for the most part ,on attacking football ,and you can mention the wage bill , youth team ,same points ratio all you like , but people are never going to be happy till watching Rangers isn`t a chore again , improve the style of play and most of us will be happy . Thats it .
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Oh no it's not J come on the the same departures those out of contract walked of their own accord after squeezing every last penny out of the club, and the sales any one of us would have done that only some of us would have have sold them a season earlier instead of over pricing them !
                  Lee Hoos deserves some credit for standing firm on wages
                  ### could have bought a bit wiser ie not gone overboard packing in so many young players from various leagues , we needed a few older seasoned british based players to help out in the short to medium term
                  JFH will he get it right I don't know ! but he deserves credit for using younger players and for sticking to his plans and doing it his way right or wrong steadily building up points even tho it's been dross at times before showing a more adventure in play all we can do is hope the latter is his aim but he definitely deserves most credit even if it is dross at times
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 23-10-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

First up the wage bill.

Unfortunately the reduction in the wage bill doesnt entertain me much at 3.00pm on a saturday afternoon!

Comment

First up the wage bill.

Why are you giving praise to jimmy for moving on 12 players? 10 of which, were out of contract and had nothing to do with him.
                      And as for the other two, philips and fer, they both chose to leave.

then we look at hoilett, jimmy was basicly on his knees begging for hoilett to re-sign.

i just dont get this jimmy cut the wage bill nonsense. it had nothing to do with him.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        Very good post Nano ,
                        but ,
                        and you knew the but would be coming ,we ,the football watching public of Loftus Rd were brought up , for the most part ,on attacking football ,and you can mention the wage bill , youth team ,same points ratio all you like , but people are never going to be happy till watching Rangers isn`t a chore again , improve the style of play and most of us will be happy . Thats it .
                        Of course, I feel the same way and have actually wondered whether it is worth the cash. It has been a chore to support them at games and when the emotions are high I feel major frustration in some matches but a day or two later I do see how the club is changing and a lot of the things are things I have been asking for and hoping for for a while. I agree I don't think the football has been good at all to watch although, I think we struggle in those aspects and they need to be looked at and continually improved. I miss the days of Cook and Rowlands. The days of Taarabt. Even the excitement of Cisse but I see why we do what we are doing and I am still positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          Why are you giving praise to jimmy for moving on 12 players? 10 of which, were out of contract and had nothing to do with him.
                          And as for the other two, philips and fer, they both chose to leave.

then we look at hoilett, jimmy was basicly on his knees begging for hoilett to re-sign.

i just dont get this jimmy cut the wage bill nonsense. it had nothing to do with him.
                          I didn't give him the credit for getting rid of all the players. I gave him credit for doing the exact same job as his predecessors with an inferior squad (although I do think we have generally recruited well over the past two summers) and a much smaller budget.

Comment

I didn't give him the credit for getting rid of all the players. I gave him credit for doing the exact same job as his predecessors with an inferior squad (although I do think we have generally recruited well over the past two summers) and a much smaller budget.
                            Hard to disagree with that comment mate, but i would just like to add that the quality of football is suffering. when that happens, attendances drop.

our last home game had about 12000 and the reading game was around the same.

we will be mainly reliant on club revenue once the parachute payments end next summer and as fans start to turn away in droves because of the rot being served up by jimmy, how long will it take for a braincell to wake up up in the boardroom and demand of him to go and attack teams.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Jimmy doing a 4 out of 10 job for us,we won't be relegated under him and wont be promoted (or make plays off's ,this season anyway),he is a league 1 manager who has assembled a team mainly of league 1 players and a few championship players and a few unknown foreigners ,plays totally negative tactics which bore the fans ,if that's what Les and the board want then he is perfect for then

Comment

Working...
                              X