JFH in the clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Has JFH actually said sorry for putting the club in this position or sorry to the fans? He admitted being naive but can't recall an apology. Or would that be an admission of guilt?
    I imagibe he did to TF and Hoos, but I dont actually think he did anything legally wrong so I cant understand why he wpuld apologise to us. It would just be an empty apology for the sake of it. I am pleased we are sticking with one manager for once. Financially him and Les have done a stellar job and yes on the pitch we havent played inxredible football, but sometimes that takes time to build at a club. I am pleased for once , they hacent given in to supporter pressure and got rid and are actually having a long term plan.

Comment

Yes provided the full footage isn't with the police and then given to the FA. If he's not guilty, I presume the club and JFH should now sue?

Comment

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink openly admitted he was naive and, as such, has been reminded of his roles and responsibilities as manager of Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

In my opinion this doesn't indicate the Board has full confidence in him and unless the FA have said that there is nothing in the evidence they have been given, I can't see how this is over.

Not sure why the board made such a statement at this time unless they have heard something from the FA.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          I imagibe he did to TF and Hoos, but I dont actually think he did anything legally wrong so I cant understand why he wpuld apologise to us. It would just be an empty apology for the sake of it. I am pleased we are sticking with one manager for once. Financially him and Les have done a stellar job and yes on the pitch we havent played inxredible football, but sometimes that takes time to build at a club. I am pleased for once , they hacent given in to supporter pressure and got rid and are actually having a long term plan.
          I think he has to apologise for dragging the clubs name through the mud and also offering to give players 3 days off so that he could go do this speech, meaning he isn't fully focused on his job.

I'm also glad we haven't had a quickfire reaction to something and seem to have gone about things the right way. Think JFH and LF have done a great job with the signings, just really REALLY needs to be better on the pitch.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Looking back at it now with the incredible hindsight all football fans are blessed with, I think it's all been overblown for the following reasons.

1) Managers are propositioned all the time with money offers for speeches, newspaper columns, articles, endorsements, advertising and anything else you can think of. So you go along to find out more.

2) He's gone to a meeting with an agent he knows, to meet someone he doesn't know, and not exactly knowing what it's all about. Maybe the agent doesn't know either.

3) As it's a trap, the reporter is dripping bits of information here and there, and it probably doesn't make too much sense at the time to take it all in.

3) He's responded to bits of the leaked clips, give a speech in China to a player investment firm, be an embassador,. He's looking to see if there's any silly money in it for him, there are a lot of silly people in football, including fans.

4) He may not be sure about the legality of it all, as the reporter is firing lots of info at him, but that's not a problem, as he can think about it and check it out later when he gets home.

5) To get away for the 3 days, he is asked about the team training sessions, so he says in an authoritative managers role, 'Oh I can give them the time off', when in reality, he will delegate it to the coaches if they need to train that weekend.

6) He asks for any money to be paid into his best account that will attract the least tax. Yes, he's going to declare it and pay tax on it, it's not Redknapp's Swiss bank account.

7) He tells them he is going to Google the firm as he has suspicions about their actual existence.

8) The Telegraph now realise their actual transcript is misleading and confusing and refuse to co-operate with legal teams.

9) QPR are embarrassed and angry by more bad publicity over misleading tabloid headlines. They know that the fans forums will be making 5 out of every 2+2 conspiracy theory they can think of.

10) QPR also know the fans will use this as an excuse to call for his sacking because of impatience over team results.

11) QPR investigate, tell Jimmy not to be caught out in public, and to keep a low profile in future.

12) Just another opinion, that might make sense.
            Last edited by Olly; 14-10-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
              Looking back at it now with the incredible hindsight all football fans are blessed with, I think it's all been overblown for the following reasons.

1) Managers are propositioned all the time with money offers for speeches, newspaper columns, articles, endorsements, advertising and anything else you can think of. So you go along to find out more.

2) He's gone to a meeting with an agent he knows, to meet someone he doesn't know, and not exactly knowing what it's all about. Maybe the agent doesn't know either.

3) As it's a trap, the reporter is dripping bits of information here and there, and it probably doesn't make too much sense at the time to take it all in.

3) He's responded to bits of the leaked clips, give a speech in China to a player investment firm, be an embassador,. He's looking to see if there's any silly money in it for him, there are a lot of silly people in football, including fans.

4) He may not be sure about the legality of it all, as the reporter is firing lots of info at him, but that's not a problem, as he can think about it and check it out later when he gets home.

5) To get away for the 3 days, he is asked about the team training sessions, so he says in an authoritative managers role, 'Oh I can give them the time off', when in reality, he will delegate it to the coaches if they need to train that weekend.

6) He asks for any money to be paid into his best account that will attract the least tax. Yes, he's going to declare it and pay tax on it, it's not Redknapp's Swiss bank account.

7) He tells them he is going to Google the firm as he has suspicions about their actual existence.

8) The Telegraph now realise their actual transcript is misleading and confusing and refuse to co-operate with legal teams.

9) QPR are embarrassed and angry by more bad publicity over misleading tabloid headlines. They know that the fans forums will be making 5 out of every 2+2 conspiracy theory they can think of.

10) QPR also know the fans will use this as an excuse to call for his sacking because of impatience over team results.

11) QPR investigate, tell Jimmy not to be caught out in public, and to keep a low profile in future.

12) Just another opinion, that might make sense.
              Great post, but I can't wait for the JFH Out mob to look for as many ways to keep up their witch hunt.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                In two minds about this.

I understand the clubs stance, don't rock the boat, nothing concrete has been proven etc. But I can't help but think this will come back to bite us in the backside. There is more to come out of this story I'm sure. Apart from anything else, I bet the Inland Revenue are all over Hasselbaink right now after his "pay it in Holland and I'll only pay 10% tax" comment.

We had the perfect opportunity to get rid of an under-performing manager who has shown his true colours in a very public way.......albeit accidentally!
                This! All day!

Comment

Dreaded vote of confidence?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think the statement does exactly what its meant to do?
                    States evidence cannot be provided and that JFH has been warned about his responsibilities going forward, not really sure they are able to do anything else. Cant sack somebody when there isn't conclusive evidence to do so. If Football wise we don't improve then they will deal with that separately. I didn't like what i saw but that Video could have been cut and pasted together to make it seem worse than it was, hence why club requested to see the FULL transcript, for some reason The Telegraph won't do this, which is suspicious in itself but if and when they do the Club will react accordingly. Whilst they have backed him, they have also given him a slap with the comment about being naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      States evidence cannot be provided and that JFH has been warned about his responsibilities going forward, not really sure they are able to do anything else. Cant sack somebody when there isn't conclusive evidence to do so. If Football wise we don't improve then they will deal with that separately. I didn't like what i saw but that Video could have been cut and pasted together to make it seem worse than it was, hence why club requested to see the FULL transcript, for some reason The Telegraph won't do this, which is suspicious in itself but if and when they do the Club will react accordingly. Whilst they have backed him, they have also given him a slap with the comment about being naive.
                      I agree.
                      I think the club have attempted to draw a linr in the sand with this as they have seen it could drag on for months.
                      I don't see anything in that statement that could 'come back to bite us' because it covers the fact that they have not received all of the information.

Comment

Personally think he is bent as f*** but the club can't get sack the guy for if's but's and maybe's.

Drawing a line under it now is fine, and the correct option, cos if he's fired in 3 weeks for shite performance he can't seek unfair dismissal on ground that he was fired for the Telegraph affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                          I think he has to apologise for dragging the clubs name through the mud and also offering to give players 3 days off so that he could go do this speech, meaning he isn't fully focused on his job.

I'm also glad we haven't had a quickfire reaction to something and seem to have gone about things the right way. Think JFH and LF have done a great job with the signings, just really REALLY needs to be better on the pitch.
                          Fair poin, forgot about the 3 days off. That wasnt ok at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Great post, but I can't wait for the JFH Out mob to look for as many ways to keep up their witch hunt.
                            Witch hunt give over lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              This!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

So do we know whether there is going to be an FA investigation?

Comment

Working...
                                X