Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive interview with Jimmy coming up on sky sports news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring as f ack. As usual. Even when defending his honour and integrity.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...r-take-a-bribe

Comment

Hasselbaink: I've never taken a bung
      See more at
      http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...r-taken-a-bung

This might not be available abroad.

Comment

Definitely 2 up front on the board behind him

Comment

Does anyone else buy that?

Feels like propaganda and for me, and Jimmy looks like a liar. I think it also fails to address a number of questions, such as why was he prepared to give the players time off so he could go on this trip & what exactly he meant when he said he could pay less tax if it was paid through Holland.

More worryingly, I'm guessing the club have OK'd this interview. Giving the timing of it all, I would assume that he'll still be in charge tomorrow which is going to be a recipe for disaster in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Feels like propaganda and for me, and Jimmy looks like a liar. I think it also fails to address a number of questions, such as why was he prepared to give the players time off so he could go on this trip & what exactly he meant when he said he could pay less tax if it was paid through Holland.

More worryingly, I'm guessing the club have OK'd this interview. Giving the timing of it all, I would assume that he'll still be in charge tomorrow which is going to be a recipe for disaster in my book.
            No I don't buy it. I think he would have been better saying nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              No I don't buy it. I think he would have been better saying nothing.
              No comment
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think he's bloody convincing to be honest. Just my opinion.

Comment

Spin.

Comment

Having watched that my overwhenlimg impression was
                    I really like the new badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Well I've just watched it at work and thought he seemed quite passionate, particularly towards the end. I didn't think he looked a liar to he honest...

You say it fails to address a number of questions but he answered all asked directly so can't see how he can be blamed for not answering questions he wasn't asked!

What he meant when he said he could pay less tax if it was paid through Holland is that there are lower taxes in Holland than there are over here. He's Dutch so would prefer to be paid into his Dutch account.... Is there anything wrong with this? Legally probably not, morally well maybe....

I think that any one of us given the opportunity to legally save some taxes would probably have done the same thing. I also think that because we're talking large sums of money here, more than most of us make in a year, we tend to view it as greedy or unsavoury.

Not having seen all the evidence I'm not sure if what he's done deserves him getting sacked or not so we'll have to wait and see. The FA have said they're going to investigate all these cases as well so we'll presumably make sure we've got it right as the last thing we'd want is to let him keep his job only to have the FA find him guilty of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                        Well I've just watched it at work and thought he seemed quite passionate, particularly towards the end. I didn't think he looked a liar to he honest...

You say it fails to address a number of questions but he answered all asked directly so can't see how he can be blamed for not answering questions he wasn't asked!

What he meant when he said he could pay less tax if it was paid through Holland is that there are lower taxes in Holland than there are over here. He's Dutch so would prefer to be paid into his Dutch account.... Is there anything wrong with this? Legally probably not, morally well maybe....

I think that any one of us given the opportunity to legally save some taxes would probably have done the same thing. I also think that because we're talking large sums of money here, more than most of us make in a year, we tend to view it as greedy or unsavoury.

Not having seen all the evidence I'm not sure if what he's done deserves him getting sacked or not so we'll have to wait and see. The FA have said they're going to investigate all these cases as well so we'll presumably make sure we've got it right as the last thing we'd want is to let him keep his job only to have the FA find him guilty of something.
                        The whole point is (and this has been mentioned several times) taxes in the Netherlands and around the highest in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          The whole point is (and this has been mentioned several times) taxes in the Netherlands and around the highest in the EU.
                          Fair point. I wonder if he's going to be paid in Euros so the value will be more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            Fair point. I wonder if he's going to be paid in Euros so the value will be more....
                            It's not really that to be honest. If he's uk tax resident (which is highly likely), he'll have to pay tax on tax of that income wherever it's paid.

Comment

Also we all seem to be talking about 55,000 pounds here but I think the suggestion was he would be paid 55,000 pounds every time he went out to Singapore for whatever reason.

Comment

I'm sure he didn't do anything wrong apart from doing a crap job here and for that and that alone he should be sacked,"the board are behind me",how many managers in the past have we heard say that,Ramsey said it on week before he was sacked

Comment

Working...
                                X