No announcement yet.

Fulham and our attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do have a larger sleeping fan base but the club hasn't helped to reawaken their interest over the last season and this bit , yesterday I liked what I saw has Jimmy cracked it ? whether by accident or design I don't know , or will he revert back to type but either way I'm looking forward to Fulham

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      The longer both sides are in this league the crowds will continue to drop and we both will be pulling between 12&15k dependent on the game.

Fulham in Fairness to them had an extended period in prem playing decent footie so built up a healthy additional following because of that but longer their in this division they will drop away as championship s hitty football is not what they signed up to and they will end up with the decent die hard following like us who will turn up whatever division their in

We never hung around long enough to hold onto our glory hunters we were in then out the equivalent of the Charlie big b ollocks who walks up to to a group of girls in a club gets balls out and says look at the size of these before getting slung out without getting a mobile number

However when we were struggling in prem some posters craved being in the championship as allegedly it was supposed to be fun and we would win week in week out so to those posters hope your enjoying the championship its what you asked for
      hahaha the story of my life Westy

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
        hahaha the story of my life Westy
        You been thrown out few bars the Ed flasher

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          We do have a larger sleeping fan base but the club hasn't helped to reawaken their interest over the last season and this bit , yesterday I liked what I saw has Jimmy cracked it ? whether by accident or design I don't know , or will he revert back to type but either way I'm looking forward to Fulham
          Better yesterday. But cracked it? No.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            You been thrown out few bars the Ed flasher
            i did get thrown out the SW1 club back in the 90's, the bouncers literally did throw me out onto my #### on the pavement lol.
            To this day i cant even remember what I had done, i was in a black-out state.
            I had to ask them where I was and what I had done, so who knows.......

Comment

Loads come out of the woodwork when we are doing well or play a big team...same for most clubs outside the Championship.

Would do me a favour if the bloke behind me who has never been sat there before would fck off. Berated Onuha for getting a yellow card (incorrectly) then carried on digging him out all day...even for taking a throw in a bit further up than it should have been.
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 25-09-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Last 5 seasons average attendance, them vs us. (most recent first). Not massively far apart in all honesty considering they were an established Prem team for so long and we were...well, us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  Last 5 seasons average attendance, them vs us. (most recent first). Not massively far apart in all honesty considering they were an established Prem team for so long and we were...well, us.

Have you included the tourists ?

Comment

Complete crap ! are you trying to say S/T holders are the only ones that get behind the players I've sat amongst S/T holders that don't cheer and ones that DO go to moan , I've also been at game when the club has done a deal and the Jonnie come latelys have been a pain in the @rse bawling and shouting at everything making out they are regulars , I haven't bought a S/T for the last season and this , don't put it on me because I blame it on the drossball ,the results haven't been the factor why I now choose games I go to blame the clubs Lack to grasp football is an entertainment business
                    As you said 2nd half Sounded like there was a large crowd when the football improved proves the point give them something to cheer is the answer Not blaming them for having their loyalty questioned and feeling disgruntled about the mind numbing crap that's been served
                    I mean, you're not wrong as well. When I wrote my OP, I was comparing STHs to those who pick and choose. I had in mind those who pick and choose already and those who pick and choose and vocally slate the club, tweet the youngsters that theyre #### on their 1st team debut, tweet that the manager is a "malteser head", and find any small reason not to go.
                    but again, I reckon there's a particularly synical/nasty element of our support.
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Loads come out of the woodwork when we are doing well or play a big team...same for most clubs outside the Championship.

Would do me a favour if the bloke behind me who has never been sat there before would fck off. Berated Onuha for getting a yellow card (incorrectly) then carried on digging him out all day...even for taking a throw in a bit further up than it should have been.
                      even near me in R block.. the chap behind me screams all game. early on, when Shodipo took a shot on goal and missed horribly left, the bloke was repeatly screaming ARS EHOLE ARS EHOLE ARSEH OLE!!! just because Shodipo didnt pick out Bidwell to his left (who arguably was marked). loads of other incidents like that all game long, every week. but alas, at least its better than some in R block who've sang fk all all season.
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Not so sure we have a larger sleeping fanbase.

Lot of folk especially those brought up around the ground generally 80s and before who have moved away have fond memories of that piece of West London which we all call home and associate themselves with QPR as it invokes a good period in their lives and shows a lineage but they aren't the fanbase but would say they are QPR. You meet these folks around but very rarely do they go. It's not that they don't go because of amenities but it's just they are not that interested and see better ways of spending £500 but they do like to say they are QPR. Their kids often support other clubs. However come Wembley or Millenium they will be there in their Guinness top but that's about it and you can't rely on them for a new stadium. So our fanbase looks bigger than it actually is but in reality we have about 8 to 10k regulars S/T holders and those that go often plus another 2k that are reliable plus 2k floaters that come in and out and that's about it.

13359 - 18th sept 1993 against Norwich
                        Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 25-09-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

If we were pulling 15k week in week out in this league,home fans, I would not be upset as once you add in away fans your probably looking 16k+

Disagree about floating fans and new ground TBlock. Our ground is s hit and has terrible facilities which don't encourage floating fans to turn up. You can't get a bite nor Drink without missing part of the game same if you need a leak. you also pay £30 to sit in a seat to small for you which leaves your knees red come full time and you sniffing your b ollocks trying to fit into it

You would not turn up to cinema for such facilities so why shell out same dough for footie. There are madly 13k who are willing to do that but the floaters think no chance unless it's a big game

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            I dont think any sites are able to differentiate between tourists and actual fans, those figures were just the avg attendances for the past 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Lack of tourists is why we are now at 13K. If current unappetising football and poor results keep up I can see us struggling to break 10K for a grim midweek game when it's freezing..... I'm so cheesed off I don't look ahead in the fixture list so I can't make a prediction for which game it might be. Frankly, the past is irrelevant and "sleeping fans" are no use whatsoever - on that basis, us Fulham and Brentford are more or less on an equal footing except for fact they seem to be better run and have a brighter future.
                              Dunno what the answer is but a start would be getting rid of that effing kids area in the Loft (it clearly isn't helping us build our fanbase is it!) and reclaim that whole end as a raucous hotbed for loud and boisterous fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                                even near me in R block.. the chap behind me screams all game. early on, when Shodipo took a shot on goal and missed horribly left, the bloke was repeatly screaming ARS EHOLE ARS EHOLE ARSEH OLE!!! just because Shodipo didnt pick out Bidwell to his left (who arguably was marked). loads of other incidents like that all game long, every week. but alas, at least its better than some in R block who've sang fk all all season.
                                Haha...makes you wonder why they turn up doesn't it!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X