Said it all along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Said it all along...

Sorry but we just haven't got enough goals in the side to play one up front.

Without Chery, a midfielder we'd be stuffed. JFH's insistence on playing a lone man is really grating on me. After the Leeds game I really thought he'd found a system that would be good. Seems we've morphed back into the boring style of last season.

Said a while back, as much as we like him Polter is not the answer for goals. Lucky if he gets 12 this season. Need to look at your set up Jimmy as I can see another uninspiring lackluster season ahead with this boring formation.

No one will score in this system, that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Without Chery, a midfielder we'd be stuffed. JFH's insistence on playing a lone man is really grating on me. After the Leeds game I really thought he'd found a system that would be good. Seems we've morphed back into the boring style of last season.

Said a while back, as much as we like him Polter is not the answer for goals. Lucky if he gets 12 this season. Need to look at your set up Jimmy as I can see another uninspiring lackluster season ahead with this boring formation.
      With Sandro, Luongo, Yeni and Caulker all in and hopefully give Sylla a go.starting would have been a better side.

Comment

We need to beat Newcastle to get back on track.

Comment

This. No goal from open play all season.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            With Sandro, Luongo, Yeni and Caulker all in and hopefully give Sylla a go.starting would have been a better side.
            If you have a prolific striker in this league who will get you 20 goals you have half a chance. Problem is we haven't. That's why I would always play two strikers. Jimmy sees it another way, and clearly won't change his stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              That stat is very worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Blimey. Didn't even realise that. Strengthens the point even more. Very annoying.

Comment

Blimey. Didn't even realise that. Strengthens the point even more. Very annoying.
                  If you cant play two up top against the bottom team it says it all.

Having said that this league is wide open nobody really impressed me,so
                  jfh lets play to win and show some intent especially at home and against the lesser sides

Comment

We have to play this formation to accommodate our best player in Chery.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                      We have to play this formation to accommodate our best player in Chery.
                      what even at home thats very sad

Comment

It should be better for the next 2 games when everyone is back.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          It should be better for the next 2 games when everyone is back.
                          i really hope it is for the sake of the fans

Comment

Can't grasp it myself two up is better suited to the championship it's not the champions league after all plus the fact we don't have anybody with the guill to open up defences therefore we need extra man up to pressure them into mistakes

Comment

We played 2 up top for a while in the second half and didn't look any better. We probably looked worse. What people don't realise is that without an attacking mid, we leave a huge gap between midfield and attack and we saw that at the end of today. Sorry, but for me, we'll score more goals with a 1 up top than we ever will with a 2 up top, unless we go 3 at the back and keep the attacking mid.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X