Alex Mccarthy called up by big Sam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Surely what's more worrying is that 2 months on from a shocking performance at the euros, where we needed our senior players like Rooney and hart to step up, both will be in the team tonight.
    Hart maybe but Rooney is playing well under Mourinho - no need to take him out of the squad IMO.

Comment

This just further devalues English football & what it should mean to wear the national shirt.
      It should mean you've attained a high standard of performance over some time at your club.
      Again with England, this isn't necessary.

Comment

Sam Allardyce out!

I may as well be the first

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Hart maybe but Rooney is playing well under Mourinho - no need to take him out of the squad IMO.
          Rooney has consistently underperformed in games that matter ie. Knockout football or key group games at tournaments. He's so bad in these games, he can't even pass 5 yards to his teammate. Yes he does the business in qualifiers but why do we suddenly think he'll play well in a game that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Yes he does the business in qualifiers but why do we suddenly think he'll play well in a game that matters.
            Do the qualifiers not matter then?

Allardyce will pick players in form, Rooney is in form and therefore deserves a place in the squad IMO. As does Sterling for that matter.

Comment

Allardyce will pick players in form, Rooney is in form and therefore deserves a place in the squad IMO. As does Sterling for that matter.
              Bang on mate. Rooney and Sterling deserve call ups, however there are still a few suspect choices in the squad, although I'm happy to see Antonio make it.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not deserving of a England call up.

However, there is a good keeper in their somewhere. Has just made awful moves career wise. Seems to be happy to go to clubs and be their number 2. After not breaking into our first team he should of gone to another championship team for first team football.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Not deserving of a England call up.
                  Ben Foster deserves a call-up more than McCarthy IMO

Comment

The opposition is so poor in the qualifiers, we could put out a team of championship players and qualify. Form for your club counts for nothing if you have consistently underperformed in games that really matter. For whatever reason hart and Rooney bottle it in the big games. It's not a lack of effort, they just crumble to the pressure in my view.

Comment

Working...
                    X