Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    But having him there puts Yeni on the right, meaning we have one winger who actually plays for the cross at least. Right now, Cousins is central and Yeni cuts in... with Hoilett it'll be Hoilett cuts in and Yeni stays wide.
    Having Hoilett on the left does not necessarily mean Yeni plays on the right- JFH would probably still select Cousins to play there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      He's had a hell of a lot more time, he joined last summer! Not one good game for us, that I've seen myself. Awful player, puts in the effort and credit to him, but simply not good enough. And that includes last season.
      And more or less sent out on two loans straight away. I would guess off top of my head Washington has Played and had more game time then him and we keep being told he needs more time

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        And more or less sent out on two loans straight away. I would guess off top of my head Washington has Played and had more game time then him and we keep being told he needs more time
        The fact that he was out on loan and came back showing still no improvement says it all. Unfortunately the championship is a step up too far for him. For the record, I'm in the Washington is quite poo camp too.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          The whole concept of playing right footed wingers on the left (and vice versa) is being found out, and not before time. You want your winger to be where he can do maximum damage, ie the by-line, roughly where Hoilett ended up for the Bobby moment. That way your front men get service facing goal and you max the chances of chaos in the area.

If your wide man has to keep cutting in because he is on the wrong side it becomes totally predictable. Some believe the fashion for wrong side wingers/wides came from one up systems ie if the winger cuts in your 9 will be less isolated. It's a really good example of one dubious system begetting another. You actually end up with crosses from non threatening angles with everyone including your striker (s) back to goal. It sucks.

What can and should happen is that your wing men start on their right side but swap as and when, that can cause problems and frees up options. It isn't rocket science.

The real solution is to find two footed players......
          Spot on.
          I want to see wingers playing on the wing and getting crosses into the box or going to the byline to pick out a player with a cut back.
          Ideally these wingers are also capable of cutting inside to shoot with their weaker foot.

Comment

Does he not get the same opportunity as Washington and Yeni to find his feet in this league
            Yeniis not being given the opportunity when selected out of position,. In fact it is counter productive to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              I agree Nass but I don't believe Gladwin is the answer.

Shodipo must be shagging JFH's wife as I can't understand why he hasn't had a kick since Leeds, yet playing others out of position!
              Lol. Seriously though, why the fudge is Shodipo not playing. Answers on a postcard to JFH.

JFH selected Shodipo for pre season games where he played well. Then in the opener against Leeds and had a storming 1st half, but since then, sod all.
              Last edited by stanistheman; 28-08-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                The fact that he was out on loan and came back showing still no improvement says it all. Unfortunately the championship is a step up too far for him. For the record, I'm in the Washington is quite poo camp too.
                Agree about Washington...can QPR get the money back?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Gladwin hasn't played well at any point since the Watford game.
                  Been carrying an injury hasn't he?

Comment

Any news on our good luck charm. We were doing alright until he got injured.

Comment

Think he was on the bench yesterday, sure he was warming up halftime before/after the Forever R's thing

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                        Think he was on the bench yesterday, sure he was warming up halftime before/after the Forever R's thing
                        Correct, made it back to the bench. Dunno who's spot he's going to take to be honest. Expect him to be behind Wszolek, Shodipo, Yeni and CW in the starting 11 on either side.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We have too many players who are finding the step up too big a jump. Maybe if we are patient we might see an improvement but we aren't a very patient lot at QPR
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I'm in minority here but I like him and think their is something worth investing time in. He hugs the touchline and holds his position and think our form dipped with his injury. Not prettiest player and can see why some don't like but I would personally have him challenging for first team place

Comment

I'm in minority here but I like him and think their is something worth investing time in. He hugs the touchline and holds his position and think our form dipped with his injury. Not prettiest player and can see why some don't like but I would personally have him challenging for first team place
                              I agree. The bloke likes attacking and works hard when we don't have the ball.

Comment

Might he make an appearance tomorrow night?

Comment

Working...
                                X