Lack of a creative player in the middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of a creative player in the middle

Preston came with a very simple tactic, close our players down from beginning to end and once they'd won the ball, break away fast. This worked like a dream and you had to admire their work rate. As soon as anyone had the ball there were two or three players on him immediately. Chery was able to make space for himself, but no-one else could until Nasser came on in the last twenty minutes - our only tactic to get around the smothering from Preston was to boot it long to Polter which given the swirling wind was always going to be a random tactic. We're missing a player like Faurlin in midfield who was good at keeping possession under pressure and then creating something once he'd made space for himself.

I think we can expect Preston's performance to be a template for other visiting teams from now on.

We discussed this during the game it was crying out for someone to just be calm put foot on the ball and pick passes and dictate the game and our pace of the game. That's not Faurlin for me personally but a player who is comfortable on ball and brave with it

Is that player out there in our price range?? I'm sure it was supposed to be Toszer but he's disappeared.

Comment

Twice in a row we've been undone by the very tactics JFH wants to impose on other teams - pressure - which we couldn't get going ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        Twice in a row we've been undone by the very tactics JFH wants to impose on other teams - pressure - which we couldn't get going ourselves.
        Spot on. Where was our pressing game yesterday?

Comment

Could it be that the new player from Poland could take that role?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Could it be that the new player from Poland could take that role?
            Unsure, not seen enough, I know he is meant to be a DM but they can still be creative.

Comment

Surely your captain should get his players to stophoofing at a packed defence it's playing the way the oposition wants them to
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 21-08-2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                Unsure, not seen enough, I know he is meant to be a DM but they can still be creative.
                OK.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                  Preston came with a very simple tactic, close our players down from beginning to end and once they'd won the ball, break away fast. This worked like a dream and you had to admire their work rate. As soon as anyone had the ball there were two or three players on him immediately. Chery was able to make space for himself, but no-one else could until Nasser came on in the last twenty minutes - our only tactic to get around the smothering from Preston was to boot it long to Polter which given the swirling wind was always going to be a random tactic. We're missing a player like Faurlin in midfield who was good at keeping possession under pressure and then creating something once he'd made space for himself.

I think we can expect Preston's performance to be a template for other visiting teams from now on.
                  good post , we were crying out for a footballer with a brain to make an impact , saw a few glimses but the best team won down to their work rate and never letting us settle on the ball

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    good post , we were crying out for a footballer with a brain to make an impact , saw a few glimses but the best team won down to their work rate and never letting us settle on the ball
                    And how worrying is that when thats how we`re supposed to be playing, i know it gets said quite often, but i think the next few games are going to be big, cos if we carry this on the s***s going to hit the fan!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Is that player out there in our price range??
                      Wasn't Jordan Cousins meant to be that type of player?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        From what I have seen I like but hes more box to box in my view instead of someone who is going to dictate pattern of game. I see him getting on the end of things created by the ball player given his drive

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          I think he is yes, trouble is we're doing the QPR thing and playing him out of position already

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Surely your captain should get his players to stophoofing at a packed defence it's playing the way their operation wants them to
                            Is this really you trying to criticise Ned for this? Unbelievable...
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Is this really you trying to criticise Ned for this? Unbelievable...
                              Pr@tt did you ever see Shaun Derry

Comment

Working...
                              X