No announcement yet.

Positives from Watford game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally have an identity/playing style which is based on team ethics rather than individual qualities. Should serve us well in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Too early to start Shopido but I would like to see him on the bench and then come in the last 15 mins If we are winning. El-Khayati better start ahead of him.
      To be honest, Nasser should start ahead of Gladwin, not this kid, if we're going about replacing wingers.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Pole was sat beside us in an air boot yesterday with Robinson

Where was JET??

Comment

The biggest positive was we didn't concede a late goal.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Pole was sat beside us in an air boot yesterday with Robinson

Where was JET??
            Played for the youth team earlier in the day according to comms

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              Played for the youth team earlier in the day according to comms
              And scored a couple more goals in a 3-0 victory too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                And scored a couple more goals in a 3-0 victory too.
                With the emphasis on squad scoring goals, a new striker is really more of an insurance policy than anything I think... I hope I'm right but I can see Jet and Cw getting around 10 goals, Polter to get 15+ and chery getting around 10 as well. Centre backs will score as well, we look dangerous from set pieces. Cousins will get a few, wingers should get 5 hopefully. I see a lot of goals already in the side hopefully
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I thought we played very well, if a little bit clueless at ties going forward (that said, we still bagged 2 so can't complain).

Cousins looks class. I thought everybody played well bar Gladwin who seemed very out of his depth. All in all a very positive performance.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Not seen this youngster but never been very impressed with el khayati. Looks 1 dimensional and we need pace some in the side
                    I think Nasser will be the sort to look great 1 game when his tricks work and he will bag the odd wonder goal, but I think in between such performances we will get a lot of $hit games from him. He really doesn't seem to like any physical contact whatsoever, and he over uses the whole rolling his foot over the ball and trying to cut back using the outside of his foot. Any defender worth his salt will suss him out quite quickly I think.

Paddy Shodipo looked promising. Runs like he's soiled himself though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      I thought we played very well, if a little bit clueless at ties going forward (that said, we still bagged 2 so can't complain).

Cousins looks class. I thought everybody played well bar Gladwin who seemed very out of his depth. All in all a very positive performance.
                      Shocked that nedum played well at rb, I really just don't rate the bloke. Good to hear caulker did good. There is a player in there somewhere
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        I think Nasser will be the sort to look great 1 game when his tricks work and he will bag the odd wonder goal, but I think in between such performances we will get a lot of $hit games from him. He really doesn't seem to like any physical contact whatsoever, and he over uses the whole rolling his foot over the ball and trying to cut back using the outside of his foot. Any defender worth his salt will suss him out quite quickly I think.

Paddy Shodipo looked promising. Runs like he's soiled himself though.
                        Haha always felt similar about sterling
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Shocked that nedum played well at rb, I really just don't rate the bloke. Good to hear caulker did good. There is a player in there somewhere
                          Ned was steady, didn't do anything special but done his job pretty well IMO.

Yea Caulker has all the attributes to be a good player, but he seemed to lose concentration a lot and go wandering. if he can sort that out, there is certainly a good player in there somewhere. Maybe a year down in the Championship might be what he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            With the emphasis on squad scoring goals, a new striker is really more of an insurance policy than anything I think... I hope I'm right but I can see Jet and Cw getting around 10 goals, Polter to get 15+ and chery getting around 10 as well. Centre backs will score as well, we look dangerous from set pieces. Cousins will get a few, wingers should get 5 hopefully. I see a lot of goals already in the side hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Haha it's probably wishful thinking but you can see that's the aim this season. We want the whole squad to get goals. Chery wasn't far off that last season, Polter looks a real menace and CW will hopefully starting taking more chances like he did yesterday. JET is scoring plenty for the u21's and was a decent scorer last season. There's hope in this side mate, I feel it.

Comment

I thought you had bombed washington out ages ago nas? not rating him!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X