Petrasso - Doughty - I dont get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    Seen a fair few posters on here calling for these two to get more game time and hopefully break through this year.

Dont understand it myself, whenever i have seen them they dont appear to have done anything. I feel like a lot of the thought process is "well they aint no worse than what we got" type attitude.

Dont feel either of them are up to this level and doubt they ever will be.

Of course we all want youngsters breaking through, but if they arnt going to make it, best to cut ties and focus our efforts elsewhere.

Genuinely open to being persuaded on these two as a lot seem in favour of them, i just dont see it myself.
    Agree on Doughty but Petrasso has got something. Whether he cuts it at this level remains to be seen but I think there is a good player in there somewhere and he deserves his chance in the first team.

I think people are just keen to see us give youth a chance. As a club in recent years we have been so quick to sign overpaid foreign imports above giving a few of our own a run out. From my point of view, it's easy to get wrapped up in how much quality and skill a player has. Whilst of course you need talent, as Leicester have proven this season, if you have a group of guys with the right attitude you can often punch well above your weight. I for one would rather see us give kids who want to be here a run out than go back to the days of signing players like Boswinga and Cisse!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 27-07-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Both good lads, but decent league 1 standard players.

Nothing wrong with that, but just not up to it for a team who eventually would want to be challenging for promotion to the premier league.

Comment

Squad players at best but I don't rate Doughty not seen enough of Pet to make solid opinion

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
          I still think Petrasso could do the job for us, he has been very good at QPR u21's and on loan to lower division sides and has excelled for Canada in our U-23 Olympic side! As others have noted he did alright in his few starts last year, he needs to stay injury free and get a bit of a run in the side! Watching him yesterday he was sloppy early on losing the ball in his feet and not beating defenders but at least he runs at them with pace and he will beat his man, even the best wingers in the world don't get by their man every time! Petrasso settled in to the match nicely, showed he can track back, it was his blocked cross which resulted in the corner for our only goal and he made a pass that initiated the sequence which lead to Connor Washington missing a sitter! This is the year where Petrasso has to prove he can be effective at this level, I hope he gets enough of a chance to do so!
          does this mean that he will be off with them shortly at the Olympics. Dont know the actual dates, but soon isnt it. Assume it clashes with our schedule?

Comment

does this mean that he will be off with them shortly at the Olympics. Dont know the actual dates, but soon isnt it. Assume it clashes with our schedule?
            Sadly he was about the only bright light with the Canadian team and we didn't qualify!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              Sadly he was about the only bright light with the Canadian team and we didn't qualify!
              How would you compare Petrasso with Hoilett?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                How would you compare Petrasso with Hoilett?
                Hoilett is obviously much more experienced and has played at a higher level, as we saw in glimpses he can be a good player but he's just so frustrating because of inconsistency, Petrasso seems to have more speed and doesn't always try the same move! It remains to be seen how he will develop, I think there is a high ceiling with this kid judging by what I've seen in National Youth Teams, as I said though he needs to stay fit and he needs to prove himself now!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

whether the boys are good enough remains to be seen , but can't fault their effort in what i've seen of them . always felt that some of our so called premier league stars we signed , thought they were doing us a favour

Comment

Seen a fair few posters on here calling for these two to get more game time and hopefully break through this year.

Dont understand it myself, whenever i have seen them they dont appear to have done anything. I feel like a lot of the thought process is "well they aint no worse than what we got" type attitude.

Dont feel either of them are up to this level and doubt they ever will be.

Of course we all want youngsters breaking through, but if they arnt going to make it, best to cut ties and focus our efforts elsewhere.

Genuinely open to being persuaded on these two as a lot seem in favour of them, i just dont see it myself.
                    add luongo to that list for me. We play with a lone striker and I've yet to see him get beyond the striker. We moan about lack of creativity other than chery so what does luongo bring to the table to warrant a starting spot? Nothing for me I'm afraid, may be the best of a poor bunch but I'd have as a squad at best. Gladwin and JET can also be added to that list of lower league gambles that failed

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                      add luongo to that list for me. We play with a lone striker and I've yet to see him get beyond the striker. We moan about lack of creativity other than chery so what does luongo bring to the table to warrant a starting spot? Nothing for me I'm afraid, may be the best of a poor bunch but I'd have as a squad at best. Gladwin and JET can also be added to that list of lower league gambles that failed
                      This cannot be a serious post? Luongo is not a finisher, why would he step in front of the striker? He's a ball player, ball winner and assist maker. It is the job of the 4 players in front of him to get the ball in the back of the net. As long as he assists, which he did plenty last year, he 100% warrants a starting spot. This kid will be one of the best in this league in the next two years.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        This cannot be a serious post? Luongo is not a finisher, why would he step in front of the striker? He's a ball player, ball winner and assist maker. It is the job of the 4 players in front of him to get the ball in the back of the net. As long as he assists, which he did plenty last year, he 100% warrants a starting spot. This kid will be one of the best in this league in the next two years.
                        Your wrong Nas he's viewed as attack minded player so needs to chip in with goals he never scored one last season that's not good enough even Henry got more. Player of his calibre should be chipping in with 6 to 8 goals a season if he's not he's under performing

Comment

played as one of 3 behind poulter in a lot of games and didn't create.. I must see a different luongo to you when it comes to ball winner because he's light weight and does very well at swerving a tackle or two...

Comment

This can't be a serious post. Luongo one of the best in this league? Really? Best at what?

Comment

tbh from what I've seen I think that shodipo lad is our biggest youth talent. any one else agree???

Comment

Must say I've not seen Luongo pulling up any trees,he has some good touches not really creative enough, has bits of goods games, fades, doesnt score, enough, to say he's one of the best in the league is strechting it, haven't seen him really impose himself in games, or be consistanly be the stand out player

Comment

Working...
                                X