Petrasso - Doughty - I dont get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrasso - Doughty - I dont get it

Seen a fair few posters on here calling for these two to get more game time and hopefully break through this year.

Dont understand it myself, whenever i have seen them they dont appear to have done anything. I feel like a lot of the thought process is "well they aint no worse than what we got" type attitude.

Dont feel either of them are up to this level and doubt they ever will be.

Of course we all want youngsters breaking through, but if they arnt going to make it, best to cut ties and focus our efforts elsewhere.

Genuinely open to being persuaded on these two as a lot seem in favour of them, i just dont see it myself.

The only comment from me is if they've got they should have done it by now

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      completely agree

Comment

IMO, by giving young players a fair chance it shows the agents, clubs, and players out there that QPR now is a club which has learnt from it´s past mistakes.
        Last edited by Shania; 27-07-2016, 10:49 AM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I wouldnt say Doughty has had a.fair chance nor Petrasso. Although Petrasso easily stepped up last season when called upon. Ok his end product was lacking at times but he needs more chances. Also Doughty played well for first few games then never got back in.

Comment

Doughty and Petrasso have done very well on loan in the lower leagues which may be their level but not tried and tested at Championship yet.

Doughty really wants to play for QPR, did very well on loan at Swindon in League One when given a run of games.
            Petrasso represents his country already. Has had good spells on loan in lower leagues. Against Burnley at their place last season thought he was one of our better players. Likes to run at defenders, a proper winger. Could have scored as well.

Give them a decent go in the Championship, think they might surprise a few especially Petrasso.
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              I wouldnt say Doughty has had a.fair chance nor Petrasso. Although Petrasso easily stepped up last season when called upon. Ok his end product was lacking at times but he needs more chances. Also Doughty played well for first few games then never got back in.
              Agreed.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I dont really think you can fully judge them when theyve hardly played any games & not played consistantly,therefore when they have played they would of been under pressure knowing one mistake and there out,its once playing consistantly and bit more used to it and relaxed that they would start playing with alot more confidence in my opinion! cant expect all youngsters to take it by storm,it takes time like with most players apart from better flair players!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Plus there playing in a side atm which is playing really badly,would make any player look pants,the older lads should be taking the lead and showing the youngsters the way,which seems to be missing badly!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Agree totally both been at the club long enough, if they were going to break through and be regulars they would've done it by now,

Comment

They are part of the reason we look so bad. Let's stop making excuses about not enough game etc. If we are brutally honest a lot of our present squad just aren't good enough.

Comment

don't like coating players off but I totally agree with Ramsey. Both League 1 standard at best
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Just remember just because they haven't played much first team football that doesn't mean they haven't been given a chance. Believe it or not but professional footballers actually train together for 2/3/4 hours daily so I'm sure the coaching staff get to become a goo judge from that.

Comment

I actually rated Doughty from his performance at Huddersfield last season. Recall him making 8 tackles in that match alone which is phenomenal as it is, against any opposition. His goalscoring record at Swindon was great as well and he seems to be a good all round player. Petrasso I haven't seen much of but end of last season he looked good and I don't really like to overly judge players from their preseason performances as they're never going to hit 100% just yet.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I still think Petrasso could do the job for us, he has been very good at QPR u21's and on loan to lower division sides and has excelled for Canada in our U-23 Olympic side! As others have noted he did alright in his few starts last year, he needs to stay injury free and get a bit of a run in the side! Watching him yesterday he was sloppy early on losing the ball in his feet and not beating defenders but at least he runs at them with pace and he will beat his man, even the best wingers in the world don't get by their man every time! Petrasso settled in to the match nicely, showed he can track back, it was his blocked cross which resulted in the corner for our only goal and he made a pass that initiated the sequence which lead to Connor Washington missing a sitter! This is the year where Petrasso has to prove he can be effective at this level, I hope he gets enough of a chance to do so!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X