Slightly concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Perch only decent RB we have. Definitely need cover.
    Been saying that all summer Tim. It's definitely a concern, especially as we've haven't been linked with a single RB, unlike all the other positions.

Comment

Ned can play there, admittedly not very well.
      Make or break season for Furlong, who will start the season as understudy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        If the Bidwell deal goes through then that's 2 club captains through the door, just what we need.
        I hope and pray that's a sign that we're getting a change in captaincy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          I hope and pray that's a sign that we're getting a change in captaincy.
          We need a change of captain, but the dilemma will be do you hand it to a new boy coming into the group. Its handing a lot of responsibility to a stranger in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            We need a change of captain, but the dilemma will be do you hand it to a new boy coming into the group. Its handing a lot of responsibility to a stranger in the group.
            All I know is that Nervous Ned is never a captain, and the situation needs addressing before the season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              All I know is that Nervous Ned is never a captain, and the situation needs addressing before the season starts.
              Karl Henry would probably be the best option for a season.
              Then have Bidwell or Lynch take over next summer.

Comment

Karl Henry would probably be the best option for a season.
                Then have Bidwell or Lynch take over next summer.
                Agree with that.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

All good teams are built on a solid defence. Makes sense IMO to get that sorted early doors.

Comment

Wouldnt want Henry as dont like it when clubs make a "club captain" who actually rarely starts.

Captain needs to be a player who starts week in-week out. Would tell the players, its up for grabs, show that you want it in pre-season and see who impresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                      Wouldnt want Henry as dont like it when clubs make a "club captain" who actually rarely starts.

Captain needs to be a player who starts week in-week out. Would tell the players, its up for grabs, show that you want it in pre-season and see who impresses.
                      Could be that Jimmy is planning on having Henry as a starter.
                      He certainly featured heavily under him last season.

Comment

We have the following options:

LB: Bidwell/Robinson
                        CB: Lynch/Hall/Onuoha
                        RB: Perch/Kpewka/Onuoha

I think one more developmental CB might be good just for cover, should we let Caulker go (which I fully expect, despite JFH's comments, we all know if they get a couple mil for him he is out the door). According to the site, there are 2 19 year old defenders in the U-21 squad, so they aren't realistic options. Bring in maybe an experienced versitile Defender (Much like Clint would have been should we have not let him go) for leadership and can put in a shift when called upon.

Could Karl put in a game or 2 when called upon in the defense? or run maybe a 3-1-4-2 if circumstances call for it? with Karl playing right infront of Hall?
                        Last edited by CincyHoop; 01-07-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
                          RB: Perch/Kpewka/Onuoha
                          Kpekawa is a LB. I think you meant Furlong?

Comment

Correct, sorry, tried to type that out at work real quick. So honestly, I think the back line has some depth, and could be addressed in January should an emergency arise. I think LF has done an excellent job offloading and really shoring up the back line. I honestly believe the team will be tough to beat. Quite possibly a lot of ties, but if we get in one or 2 more play makers in the attack. I definitely think a playoff spot is obtainable.

Comment

Could be that Jimmy is planning on having Henry as a starter.
                              He certainly featured heavily under him last season.
                              Long old season so no doubt he will get plenty of minutes, but farking hope he isnt a in our starting 11 if everyone is fit.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
                                Correct, sorry, tried to type that out at work real quick. So honestly, I think the back line has some depth, and could be addressed in January should an emergency arise. I think LF has done an excellent job offloading and really shoring up the back line. I honestly believe the team will be tough to beat. Quite possibly a lot of ties, but if we get in one or 2 more play makers in the attack. I definitely think a playoff spot is obtainable.
                                I agree. Also don't forget we have Caulker as another CB who seems to have impressed JFH since his return to pre-season training. Hopefully he'll get his act together this season and realise some of that potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X