Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson

Just read on HITC sports that we may give up signing Bidwell as the asking price is 3m. The problem is that it is said that we may look elsewhere or trust Kpekawa. And there's also Robinson! As I see it, there must surely be a problem with Jack Robinson. Last season he played once, was brilliant, however never had another look in. Now, the club seems so anxious to find a left back. There must be something which is not being said on Robinson fitness by the club.

Agreed, they're definitely not acting like he is a solid option at LB

Comment

I think this is encouraging tbh. Not the fact that Robbo might have something more serious it's the fact that the club are not taking any chances and leaving ourselves short. That says to me we are actually planning something.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        I think this is encouraging tbh. Not the fact that Robbo might have something more serious it's the fact that the club are not taking any chances and leaving ourselves short. That says to me we are actually planning something.
        Good point fordy. Fail to prepare prepare to fail

Club under les defo bring managed on pitch with some forward thinking and planning instead of scatter gun approach

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...dwell-approach

We have not given Bidwell up according to Dave Mcintyre.
          Last edited by Shania; 07-06-2016, 11:37 AM.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Not sure a LB is a priority anyway. So far we've been linked with 3 LB's but not a single RB, even tho that's a position we have less cover in with Perch as the only recognised one at the club (and I'm not including Furlong in that as JFH didn't use him at all last season, even when we had nothing to play for for the last few months).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Not sure a LB is a priority anyway. So far we've been linked with 3 LB's but not a single RB, even tho that's a position we have less cover in with Perch as the only recognised one at the club (and I'm not including Furlong in that as JFH didn't use him at all last season, even when we had nothing to play for for the last few months).
              Still a long time to be linked with RBs Stanley the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a new RB come start of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                Still a long time to be linked with RBs Stanley the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a new RB come start of the season
                Yea lets hope so Fordy.

Comment

I think with regards to Robinson, no matter how much of a decent prospect he might be, and Kpekwa for that matter, to go into a long campaign with them as your only options when they could struggle would be very naïve. I expect they are looking for players who can offer some versatility in potential positions also meaning even if a LB comes in the likes of these kids will still get valuable game and development time and be eased in properly, not thrown in the deep end.

Comment

Didn't go to the Charlton game but was told by a pal that their winger tore Robinson a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      I think with regards to Robinson, no matter how much of a decent prospect he might be, and Kpekwa for that matter, to go into a long campaign with them as your only options when they could struggle would be very naïve.
                      You're forgetting Perch who also played at LB and did well there in many people's view, including mine.

Meanwhile it's RB where we're actually much shorter on cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                        Didn't go to the Charlton game but was told by a pal that their winger tore Robinson a new one.
                        Mate tugging you Robinson was fine and got MOM if memory serves me right. This board was raving about him after game

Comment

Assuming Robinson on song than LB is simply not high priority right now.

There's a bit of a contradiction going on here: either you trust the youngsters, bring em in/on and let them get on with it - which as I understand it became the focus as soon as it was obvious we were going nowhere under JFH last term - or you invest for immediate promotion, which implies a different strategy. And probably a different manager ;).

If the kids are good enough they're old enough. If not it will take more time, but that's OK as long as the requirement hasn't been changed yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            If the kids are good enough they're old enough.
                            Spot on. Personally seen nothing to suggest Kpekwa will struggle at LB. Would be more concerned if we only had the "experienced" Konchesky or Traore.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Assuming Robinson on song than LB is simply not high priority right now.

There's a bit of a contradiction going on here: either you trust the youngsters, bring em in/on and let them get on with it - which as I understand it became the focus as soon as it was obvious we were going nowhere under JFH last term - or you invest for immediate promotion, which implies a different strategy. And probably a different manager ;).

If the kids are good enough they're old enough. If not it will take more time, but that's OK as long as the requirement hasn't been changed yet again.
                              The issue is, it would be only Robinson and Kpekawa. One's barely played football in the last year and a half, another one is of limited exposure and experience and is still at this level very much an unknown defensively. I would rather we didn't look at someone of the Bidwell stature as they'll be demanding that first team spot, but rather in the way we had Murphy/Cerny as our sub keepers, we could have a solid Left back who can do a job and won't complain if they don't play.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X