Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Also all this talk of dropping Rooney is ridiculous Ott nonsense
    dunno weare, starting him does raise some big set up questions. Excellent choice for the bench, because from there he does give options, but there is no way he is a form starter.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      dunno weare, starting him does raise some big set up questions. Excellent choice for the bench, because from there he does give options, but there is no way he is a form starter.
      I think from the bench he could come on and take a game by the scruff of the neck as it were and take control of a game if needed. Equally i'd have no issue if he started as is not as off form as people like to suggest. Other nations would also give him a lot of focus which could work in our favour and leave gaps for others to exploit. I also think Vardy's pace from the bench against tiring defences could be absolutely lethal later on in games.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Was the day of England v Holland and I was working on Stonebridge Park estate . The working day was nearly finished when me bleep went telling me a suspected dead tenant need to break through front door. I thought if he's dead I'll do it tomorrow . Anyway had to go and I was cursing, banged and kicked the front door in the hope the old boy would answer and I could slip off and watch the game , no chance so had to start picking a multi lock with shooting bolts. 20 minutes in and I hear from inside alright alright I'm coming.i nearly hit him with the hammer when he opened the door.had to put all back as before . Got back to watch one of our finest displays ever! Did see the old boy 2 days later and apologised he said he was Scottish and I said I eat his meals on wheels that day.
        Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
        I was a fireman over that way then van, remember those doors well. Absolute €unt to get through. When we used to connect up to the dry riser on the ground floor it used to flood the entire block from top to bottom, as some of the soppy tw@ts living there used to vandalise the outlets and leave the valves open on every floor. I did feel for the decent people that lived there, prisoners in their own homes.
        some genuine people on the estate back then with some real scum . I hung most of those front doors and they were an absolute kannt to fit. All gone now , why didn't they build it as it is now in the first place. Uck being a fireman there 13 floors up !!
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

some genuine people on the estate back then with some real scum . I hung most of those front doors and they were an absolute kannt to fit. All gone now , why didn't they build it as it is now in the first place. Uck being a fireman there 13 floors up !!
          Carrying a shite load of gear up those stairwells helped keep the weight off that's for sure.
          Fu€k hanging those doors all day van, that must have been serious graft. Hope you were paid wel but chances are it wasn't enough.
          Think we've Learnt our lesson with council high rise. Pack people in like animals and they'll start to behave like one. Got to know one lovely old fella on there who'd emigrated from Ireland. I could never get my head round why he didn't up sticks and move back there instead of spending his final years couped up in his flat on the Stonebridge.
          More to his and many other people's stories than we'll ever know I suppose.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Carrying a shite load of gear up those stairwells helped keep the weight off that's for sure.
            Fu€k hanging those doors all day van, that must have been serious graft. Hope you were paid wel but chances are it wasn't enough.
            Think we've Learnt our lesson with council high rise. Pack people in like animals and they'll start to behave like one. Got to know one lovely old fella on there who'd emigrated from Ireland. I could never get my head round why he didn't up sticks and move back there instead of spending his final years couped up in his flat on the Stonebridge.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
              the old boy who manned the door at the Guinness Club lived on the estate too. I always thought why?
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Firemen, 'ard bast.ards, real geezers. Bar Isleworth and me
                , no one is going

Comment

Working...
                X