Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must admit already not too excited about the new season! how about you lot?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    I'm the opposite tbh.

I don't know why but I am fully expecting us to push on. I genuinely believe we will spend some money his year on decent championship proven players.
    I think the club know what they want this season and will try and do it. Yes I think we have a wage structure now but I 100% believe we will move Sandro, fer and Phillips on and will reinvest.

I also get the impression we will look to do our business quite early this year. I do t think it's as doom and gloom as people think when it comes to our finances. No we aren't offering people 40k a week any more but 20k a week in the champ is still a very attractive wage.

If we can bring in young guns like cousins and Lansbury and a coupe of decent wingers and re energise the middle of the park for us then we are laughing. Maybe a decent striker to!!
    Like the cut of the jib reading this but fear there'll be a mixture of hit N misses and I share the OP's concerns about the style as we've been pretty insipid under JFH for much of his tenure so far at least... Maybe you're right, he'll find his Warnockesque mojo at the start of the season and we'll be off and running...

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Who do you want to sign that would change opinion
      An established proven striker. Gary Hooper for example. 13 goals in 22 games for Sheffield Wednesday, and only £3m

Cheap for someone with a proven record. Starting the season with Polter, who I do like but is not going to fire us up, and CW who gets played on his own, which is pathetic as it's clear he's not a lone front man is just depressing.

Half decent striker in who can get us 15-18 goals and we have half a chance.

Comment

At the moment I am not excited. But as soon as we confirm a player whom I have an irrational like of (Sandro staying, or Dunne coming out of retirement) then realism will fly out of the window and I think that we will win every game 5-0. It happens every season!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          An established proven striker. Gary Hooper for example. 13 goals in 22 games for Sheffield Wednesday, and only £3m

Cheap for someone with a proven record. Starting the season with Polter, who I do like but is not going to fire us up, and CW who gets played on his own, which is pathetic as it's clear he's not a lone front man is just depressing.

Half decent striker in who can get us 15-18 goals and we have half a chance.
          This. Absolutely crying out for a proper striker. To have any sort of chance at all for a play off shot, we need a striker that's going to bag us circa 15 league goals. Having such a player always gives you a chance.

With regards the OP; at this very moment I am not overly excited as our squad looks pony IMO, bar a couple of players (Smithies, Chery, Hall, Ned) we have a League 1 side, near enough. However we have the whole summer ahead so not panicking just yet, I just really hope JFH recruits well!!
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

At this stage in the Pre season / end of season, too much is going to happen that we dont know about to make any sort of logical judgement.

Anyone feeling positive or negative about next season is just down to what sort of person you are i think.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              This. Absolutely crying out for a proper striker. To have any sort of chance at all for a play off shot, we need a striker that's going to bag us circa 15 league goals. Having such a player always gives you a chance.

With regards the OP; at this very moment I am not overly excited as our squad looks pony IMO, bar a couple of players (Smithies, Chery, Hall, Ned) we have a League 1 side, near enough. However we have the whole summer ahead so not panicking just yet, I just really hope JFH recruits well!!
              I nearly agree with all of this post:

Top striker takes you up in actual fact, 20+ goals and your laughing, especially if your defense is tight. If we have 2 good wing backs and a top striker we could be laughing ourselves.

But, I don't think our team is league 1 standard, otherwise we would have been relegated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                At this stage in the Pre season / end of season, too much is going to happen that we dont know about to make any sort of logical judgement.

Anyone feeling positive or negative about next season is just down to what sort of person you are i think.
                Other clubs have been building their playing staff plus estabilishing their youth policy and putting their financial structure in order for for a number of years and 9 times out of 10 they will be better equipped to last the season stronger than a club trying buy a squad of player's Brentford are prime example of how a lower league club should be run , We have to forget last season at best we could only call it half a season , Ramsey's era was just a headless hochpoch of nothing that's why we have give JFH the full season and look to the next season , IMO we would be better off if Ramsey stayed sacked so JFH had complete control and the final word on all playing matters , nothing to do with how fans see things , after all we all want success for the club some are more prepared to wait longer than others as long as we see daylight over the way the club has been run especially the last 18 months
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 13-05-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Other clubs have been building their playing staff plus estabilishing their youth policy and putting their financial structure in order for for a number of years and 9 times out of 10 they will be better equipped to last the season stronger than a club trying buy a squad of player's Brentford are prime example of how a lower league club should be run , We have to forget last season at best we could only call it half a season , Ramsey's era was just a headless hochpoch of nothing that's why we have give JFH the full season and look to the next season , IMO we would be better off if Ramsey stayed sacked so JFH had complete control and the final word on all playing matters , nothing to do with how fans see things , after all we all want success for the club some are more prepared to wait longer than others as long as we see daylight over the way the club has been run especially the last 18 months
                  Where has it been suggested that this isnt the case?

Comment

This is the season before we take the division by storm (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                      Where has it been suggested that this isnt the case?
                      What are are you asking whether J FH has full control on all player related matters ? If that's what you're asking what the hell is Ramsey doing at the club

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        What are are you asking whether J FH has full control on all player related matters ? If that's what you're asking what the hell is Ramsey doing at the club
                        Ramsey is coaching and overseeing the academy...can't see anything wrong with that personally as it is something he is fcking superb at (proven at Spurs).

If JFH took that on as well, everyone on here would be bursting blood vessels complaining he isn't focused enough on the first team!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          This is the season before we take the division by storm (IMO).
                          I agree.

I always said we needed two seasons of consolidation, which I'm fine with. Only gripe is the terrible quality of football.

Hoping that improves come August.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            I'm the opposite tbh.

I don't know why but I am fully expecting us to push on. I genuinely believe we will spend some money his year on decent championship proven players.
                            I think the club know what they want this season and will try and do it. Yes I think we have a wage structure now but I 100% believe we will move Sandro, fer and Phillips on and will reinvest.

I also get the impression we will look to do our business quite early this year. I do t think it's as doom and gloom as people think when it comes to our finances. No we aren't offering people 40k a week any more but 20k a week in the champ is still a very attractive wage.

If we can bring in young guns like cousins and Lansbury and a coupe of decent wingers and re energise the middle of the park for us then we are laughing. Maybe a decent striker to!!
                            Agree with you mate, and isn't it mad, this world we live in, that 20k a week is considered a 'decent' wage for young footballers. 20k a week! £1 million pounds a year! FFS how many of us would love to be on that kind of money!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              I agree.

I always said we needed two seasons of consolidation, which I'm fine with. Only gripe is the terrible quality of football.

Hoping that improves come August.

I think the quality of football will come once JFH has the right players in the right system. Not having 2 pedestrian CM's will be key to moving from a predominantly defensive to a more attacking style.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Agree with you mate, and isn't it mad, this world we live in, that 20k a week is considered a 'decent' wage for young footballers. 20k a week! £1 million pounds a year! FFS how many of us would love to be on that kind of money!
                                I found this article which shows the average wage for a player in the championship £324,000 per year last season. Even that's mental money and that's just their basic wage with out top ops.

My point would be if that's the average wage which works out about 6k a week I believe of QPR are offering upto 20k a week in this league then we will still be one of the most generous clubs in the leagues and a attractive prospect to many.

That's why I think we have a great chance to recruit very well this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...eep-along.html

Comment

Working...
                                X