• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Copied from another site.

Edit - could a mod amend the typo in the thread title please
    Signed

Comment

well the reality

well the reality is that back in 69 the upstairs bar was considerd to be the origional loftboys bar and for many years it was fiercly held against all competition of course there were teams like chelsea who would take it because of the fact that the shed end had 5000 thugs and the loft had only 500
      so againnst impossible odds it would get taken but most clubs didnt get into the old springbok,but the supermarkets being licensed created a new type of drinkers
      these guys called pre loaders will drink 6 pints of cheap beer in doors before hitting the pubs,this has created a situation that unless qpr are playing the pub is running at a loss all the time
      but maybe a gastro pub could be the saviour of the springbok,or they could do more functions per haps,but anyway i trully hope the pub can be saved
      if this pub is lost i can only think of the crown and sceptre as an alternative,but lets just hope and pray
      GOD BLESS THE BOK
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Signed.

Comment

No matter how I word this, it will appear to some as racist and to others, just a guy saying how it is. But it's my opinion and I make no apologies for it and if I'm not allowed to post on here for doing so, then so be it.
          Unfortunately, due to the fact that people cannot afford to buy a property in the area they were born, but immigrants are given large properties, which us the tax payers are subsidising, has completely changed the demographic of local communities. IMO for the worse. I'm in my mid fifties and although I'm Ealing born and bred, growing up, The Bush was a mixture of working class English/British., Irish and West Indians, all who would be regulars in the local pubs. While I accept pubs are struggling to stay open nationwide, the fact that the Bush is now home to a vast Muslim community who don't drink, obviously doesn't help.
          It's a big problem, especially in London, and without trying to seem anti Muslim they are a part of it.
          When West Ham move to their new stadium, do you think that the famous old pubs close to the ground will survive? They're situated in the middle of a Muslim community and will end up as either a block of flats or a mosque.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
            No matter how I word this, it will appear to some as racist and to others, just a guy saying how it is. But it's my opinion and I make no apologies for it and if I'm not allowed to post on here for doing so, then so be it.
            Unfortunately, due to the fact that people cannot afford to buy a property in the area they were born, but immigrants are given large properties, which us the tax payers are subsidising, has completely changed the demographic of local communities. IMO for the worse. I'm in my mid fifties and although I'm Ealing born and bred, growing up, The Bush was a mixture of working class English/British., Irish and West Indians, all who would be regulars in the local pubs. While I accept pubs are struggling to stay open nationwide, the fact that the Bush is now home to a vast Muslim community who don't drink, obviously doesn't help.
            It's a big problem, especially in London, and without trying to seem anti Muslim they are a part of it.
            When West Ham move to their new stadium, do you think that the famous old pubs close to the ground will survive? They're situated in the middle of a Muslim community and will end up as either a block of flats or a mosque.
            Nothing racist there upper, just saying what you see.we are the minority now!
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              Nothing racist there upper, just saying what you see.we are the minority now!
              I don't think it's racist. The demographic of the area has clearly changed and there will be businesses which will see a reduction in trade as a result. It's noticeable as well that the William Hill as closed down. Drinking and gambling are two past times which many cultures don't participate in so it may be inevitable that as the culture of the area changes, so does the businesses within them.

Shame for the springbok as every club needs a local pub. Personally stopped going there a few seasons ago because of the lack of sports for early kick offs and it was always so rammed! Would not want to see it go though.

Comment

Nothing racist there at all mate, it's just how it is.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

IMO it would make sense for the club to invest in the Bok. It is very sad in this modern day that so many local pubs are struggling, some see it as evolution others see it as a sad loss. Fingers crossed for the pub most associated with our club
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

if it cant be saved as a pub i would like to see a macdonalds put there better a macdonalds than a mosque
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

wishful thinking Ted. I guess we all know what it will become. They'll have their black and green flags provocatively displayed as we walk past on matchdays
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Pretty spot on assessment mate tbh and certainly nothing racist.

Comment

I get what you are saying, but think the problem is more the economy and people being more aware of their money situation. Almost everyone i know now would rather buy 8 cans for £6 and drink at home, which would save them about £25 for having the exact same. change of community and as you say drinking is not permitted in the Muslim world, doesnt help, but from owning a pub before, i think it is just a dying trade and unless you are prepared to cash in on the student nightlife, i think 99.9% in the trade are onto a loser.

Say it to everyone who ever asks, fastest way to lose money is to buy a pub.

Comment

These days, its all about trendy bars (veal burgers with sweet potato fries served on a chopping board), hipsters and skinny jeans. Pains me to the core!

Comment

From what I have read the pub is not closing down and its the fact that the Landlady is being removed/replaced that has galvanised the petition

Personally I refuse to drink in there because the beer is like #### and the landlady always had an excuse not to open the LSA bar on certain occasions

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                I get what you are saying, but think the problem is more the economy and people being more aware of their money situation. Almost everyone i know now would rather buy 8 cans for £6 and drink at home, which would save them about £25 for having the exact same. change of community and as you say drinking is not permitted in the Muslim world, doesnt help, but from owning a pub before, i think it is just a dying trade and unless you are prepared to cash in on the student nightlife, i think 99.9% in the trade are onto a loser.

Say it to everyone who ever asks, fastest way to lose money is to buy a pub.
                                The economy is definitely one reason for pubs being forced to close, and not just for the reasons you cite, and certainly not just to do with immigration. London - in particular - has become a haven for the world's tax-avoiding super-rich. Their vast investments in London property have forced up prices as demand is squeezed, not least because most of these properties lie empty. The reason ordinary people can't afford to live in London any more is because of this, primarily. I'm sure most of you have seen the revelations in the press in recent days about tax havens and massive tax avoidance schemes, and how people buy vast swathes of London property using shell companies. Don't forget Cameron and his chums have continued to fight for the freedom for the super rich to do this, whilst all the time saying they believed it was immoral, blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X