No announcement yet.

Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thing is, QPR keep making noises about this land and how things are progressing.

Dont know the laws, but if its this blokes land and hes saying he aint selling, then surely we are the pr!cks for keep going on about it. Must be frustrating that the club keep talking about building on his land, when the geezer clearly has no intention of letting it happen.

Ideal because of its location, but plenty of land to be had in and around the Bush, if he keeps making statements like this, id just fu*k him off.
    Last edited by Ramsey is god; 27-07-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• The area is up for regeneration from anyone who wishes to put together a project.

Cargiant own the land for now but the powers in charge of this regeneration want to hear many ideas for it.
      Cargiant may own the land for now, but its the government that are putting a massive crossrail and HS2 hub through the middle of it, so the government and London will have the say as to who this regeneration project goes to.

I very much doubt the government will want tourists, business people etc. to be viewing a used car dealership as they enter London.

Housing, a modern area and a stadium would look a lot more picturesque.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        I very much doubt the government will want tourists, business people etc. to be viewing a used car dealership as they enter London.
        Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was moving his Car Giant elsewhere and wanting to redevelop the land for other purposes ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was moving his Car Giant elsewhere and wanting to redevelop the land for other purposes ?
          Yep... he want's to put a park there... Y'know, because Hyde Park, Regents Park, Richmond Park, etc aren't enough... A stadium has actual value relative to a park and can be used much better in the long term.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Yep... he want's to put a park there... Y'know, because Hyde Park, Regents Park, Richmond Park, etc aren't enough... A stadium has actual value relative to a park and can be used much better in the long term.
            Dunno if you're actually from the area but a park would be good for the area and nice to have there to be honest. I doubt they'll honour it though, they just want to fill it with flats and maximise their profits.

I want us to get a new stadium but the regenerated area is inevitably going to wind up as a soulless wasteland full of luxury apartments and the obligatory Tesco, Nandos, Pizza Express, Marks & Spencers etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post
              Dunno if you're actually from the area but a park would be good for the area and nice to have there to be honest. I doubt they'll honour it though, they just want to fill it with flats and maximise their profits.

I want us to get a new stadium but the regenerated area is inevitably going to wind up as a soulless wasteland full of luxury apartments and the obligatory Tesco, Nandos, Pizza Express, Marks & Spencers etc.

Unfortunately this is nearly what always happens now days when the term regeneration is used. Just money making for developers and councils.
              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                Thing is, QPR keep making noises about this land and how things are progressing.

Dont know the laws, but if its this blokes land and hes saying he aint selling, then surely we are the pr!cks for keep going on about it. Must be frustrating that the club keep talking about building on his land, when the geezer clearly has no intention of letting it happen.

Ideal because of its location, but plenty of land to be had in and around the Bush, if he keeps making statements like this, id just fu*k him off.
                Wrong his statement was in response to our link up and approval to build with Genesis. Our statement from what I read mentioned nothing of a stadium on CG land at all just said it strengthens links for getting stadium approval. So he's thrown toys out pram saying not on my site when on this occasions and for some time we have not mentioned the CG site

CG having serious bout of small man syndrome

Comment

• If there's no chance of the stadium "on his land", why all the words before that on how we need parks not football stadium? Sounds like we're making progress

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post

Roundwood park or King Eddies not enough for the area park wise?

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Wrong his statement was in response to our link up and approval to build with Genesis. Our statement from what I read mentioned nothing of a stadium on CG land at all just said it strengthens links for getting stadium approval. So he's thrown toys out pram saying not on my site when on this occasions and for some time we have not mentioned the CG site

CG having serious bout of small man syndrome

Comment

• All about money the greedy get holding out.

Comment

• http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...-blow-11667682

Comment

• I wonder what CarGiant stance would be if they were told no stadium, no housing, or no redevelopment period
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Why don't we just get Car Giant on board with us and be a part of the project?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                                Why don't we just get Car Giant on board with us and be a part of the project?
                                Exactly Dog the pie is big enough for everyone to have more then a slice but we got business men with big egos. So many sweeteners both sides could do to make it work; name ground cargiant stadium for set period or a stand, give them publicity in and around ground, car them the official car provider, offer them one for the boxes now and at new ground free of charge to wine and dine. Cargiant are all about publicity hence there reputation give them as much publicity as they want via the club

If the ground is going to be like other recent ones there are huge communal areas outside name the family zone the cargiant Family zone

All about building a relationship between the two parties which currently is a standoff

Comment

Working...
                                X