No announcement yet.

Reckon Charlie's Offski this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm adamant he ain't going. I hope I'm wrong because I want him gone and new faces brought in, but then I'd be interested to see how much we get for him. Anything above £8m would be great business and as mentioned above, Gayle and Washington to replace him would be very good business.

Here's hoping the rumours are true, I'd be very surprised mind.

Comment

Just can not get excited about the thought of losing Chaz. Dont matter how much dollar we get for him or what is or isnt good for the club, I just can not see me being happy in anyway. Best striker Ive seen down LR since Sir Les. Legend!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        Joins a Prem Club now and starts scoring again in the Prem could be considered for euros in summer
        Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Unless he gets injured that is...
          Can see him going for 6m max plus what they owe us for
          Caulker loan plus Ston will move someone on out of Pelle
          Long or another of their forwards to ballance the books.
          I would take Rodriguez as part of the deal but think he is
          injured again and not really proved his fitness since his cruciate
          I think

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            Fair point.
            Yes posted this about a month ago and agreevthis is very big
            factor in this transfer

Comment

I said he would not go in August but reckon he could go January.

I think the club will grease his palm to make the deal happen as if they got offered £6mil now but had to give Charlie £2mil to compensate him for what he would lose if he waited few months club would see £4mil as better then no million

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Just can not get excited about the thought of losing Chaz. Dont matter how much dollar we get for him or what is or isnt good for the club, I just can not see me being happy in anyway. Best striker Ive seen down LR since Sir Les. Legend!
                Agree but it just comes down to money

Comment

It is in the best interest of QPR if Charlie moves on now. Unless he was signing a contract extension which he isn't. Let him go and have 2 weeks to bring in new players JFH style !

Comment

I wonder whether clubs actually do want to come in for Charlie in the summer. No disrespect to him because he's a very good player BUT prem clubs could have got him for £15m in the summer, adding an Englishman to their squads but people like Spurs spent the same money on foreign untested players. In this window you have Bournemouth paying £20m for 2 strikers but no hint of an Austin bid. Clubs like palace, West Ham and Watford don't want him and the top tier clubs aren't going to have him. Just wonder who would actually take him If this Southampton bid isn't true
                    Last edited by oldskoolturk; 15-01-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Charlie at 8-10 mill with the new money coming to the orem next year is nothing.

Plus the key issue is having a chance to play for England. If he fords somewhere like soton and smashes in 10 plus goals second half of the season and vardy got injured and wel neck still a doubt he could easily sneak a place.

At 26 he should show some ambition and go for it.

Plus if we do get money for chaz there's no way we can sit on it with just polter and Mackie as strikers.

We'd have to atleast go and get 1 striker and 1 loan hopefully.

Comment

Even if a club parted with £8million now they know they have a player that has already shown he can score goals in the Premiership.
                        4th Top Scorer in Prem and playing for a relegated club as well.
                        Bournemouth just parted with £10million for Afobe, strikers don't come cheap now.

Doesn't matter if Chaz is available for free in the summer, would rather pay up now for him as you know what you are getting and securing him for the club as well.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          I said he would not go in August but reckon he could go January.

I think the club will grease his palm to make the deal happen as if they got offered £6mil now but had to give Charlie £2mil to compensate him for what he would lose if he waited few months club would see £4mil as better then no million
                          that's how it works West. A fair few on the make come transfer time
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

shoot sources also claiming this...

http://www.shoot.co.uk/southampton-c...n-qpr-striker/

Comment

Southampton definately looking at a New Striker though.
                              Pelle has 18months left on contract and even though he is there Top Scorer, Koeman has said they are not in a rush to consider a new contract at moment as he turns 32 this year as well.
                              Apparently Juventus are looking at him for around £6million.

Even if they parted with £10million for Austin, if they offload Pelle then they have only spent £4million on a replacement that's 6 years younger, and has shown that he can score goals at the highest level as well.
                              Last edited by HoopDoggyDogg; 16-01-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Understand mate but it's as much (or even more) Charlie's decision than ours

Comment

Working...
                                X