We seem to be continuing our bad business approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We seem to be continuing our bad business approach

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes reference ins and outs of players we still have the sword of Damocles hanging over us regarding us reference financial fair play and the outcome is in no way clear.

What we do know is at the last transfer window
    Caulker was sent out on loan with wages covered presumably did we want him back if promoted suggested interest this transfer window suggests we could of sold him back then and now Southampton call the shots as to whether we can sell him or not
    I believe they have an option to buy but this would seem unlikely

Charlie this is the greatest mismanaged scenario imo we had an offer for him from Leicester for 12 million if we weren't going to take it then we should of made an offer to Charlie that would of made him extend his contract and built the side around him as NW did with Adel and if that elusive acceptable offer both club and fee wise came in we would let him have a release clause.

We could of sold Phillips to WBA to get his salary off the wage slab and realised 6 million now we are making him available for the same sort of money so the only damage is his wage bill up to this point

Fer we tried to get him off the wage bill with Sunderland but he was injured has he shown enough to sell him now not really but we will let him go at quite a discount to our purchase price is my belief

Sandro see above

Hoilett we couldn't give him away in the last window with his recent recapture of form he could go this window,so the balance of the season with his wages off the bill would be good as he will walk in the summer anyway.

Samba diakite

Looked promising in the summer friendlies did he not deserve another outing we are paying his salary come what may is there an appearance clause ?don't know but doesn't make any sense perhaps there are dressing room issues but a waste of sizeable salary

Darnell Furlong
    Good enough to try in the premiership but not in the championship?

Then I read reports we are looking to borrow other clubs youngsters to develop them Jack Grealish for instance.
    Why ?when all we will have achieved is that not unusual scenario of seeing another clubs player develop and improve whilst we return them to their parent club as a greater asset and in the interim they may contribute well like Kyle Walker , Andros Townsend , but is short term any good
    If we are financially stuck then yes but we were supposed to be adopting a Southampton type of approach

To date I have seen no real evidence of this so has the appointment of JFH signalled a change of approach.

This is a very negative post I understand,but I really don't know why some of what's happening is going to help the club going forward.

I hope this window proves to be turning point and that we make some shrewd manoeuvres
    And start to get our business hat on.

A belated happy new year to all QPR supporters

I'm glad I'm not fighting a battle with people & they can see for themselves Fernandes is out of control & Les is a FOOL
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by cocneycowboy View Post
      We don't know what's going on behind the scenes reference ins and outs of players we still have the sword of Damocles hanging over us regarding us reference financial fair play and the outcome is in no way clear.

Caulker was sent out on loan with wages covered presumably did we want him back if promoted suggested interest this transfer window suggests we could of sold him back then and now Southampton call the shots as to whether we can sell him or not

Charlie this is the greatest mismanaged scenario imo we had an offer for him from Leicester for 12 million if we weren't going to take it then we should of made an offer to Charlie that would of made him extend his contract and built the side around him as NW did with Adel and if that elusive acceptable offer both club and fee wise came in we would let him have a release clause.

We could of sold Phillips to WBA to get his salary off the wage slab and realised 6 million now we are making him available for the same sort of money so the only damage is his wage bill up to this point

Fer we tried to get him off the wage bill with Sunderland but he was injured has he shown enough to sell him now not really but we will let him go at quite a discount to our purchase price is my belief

Sandro see above

Hoilett we couldn't give him away in the last window with his recent recapture of form he could go this window,so the balance of the season with his wages off the bill would be good as he will walk in the summer anyway.

Samba diakite

Looked promising in the summer friendlies did he not deserve another outing we are paying his salary come what may is there an appearance clause ?don't know but doesn't make any sense perhaps there are dressing room issues but a waste of sizeable salary

Darnell Furlong

Then I read reports we are looking to borrow other clubs youngsters to develop them Jack Grealish for instance.
      Why ?when all we will have achieved is that not unusual scenario of seeing another clubs player develop and improve whilst we return them to their parent club as a greater asset and in the interim they may contribute well like Kyle Walker , Andros Townsend , but is short term any good
      If we are financially stuck then yes but we were supposed to be adopting a Southampton type of approach

To date I have seen no real evidence of this so has the appointment of JFH signalled a change of approach.

This is a very negative post I understand,but I really don't know why some of what's happening is going to help the club going forward.

I hope this window proves to be turning point and that we make some shrewd manoeuvres

Its a very fair post. Be interested to see what happens this window.

Comment

Originally posted by cocneycowboy View Post

Sandro see above

Samba diakite

Darnell Furlong

1) Or we just do what we did and loaned him with a nice big fee and make good money on that while having the option of keeping him on promotion should he perform well and should he not, we can break even by selling him for 2 million less than we would have.

2) The Charlie saga imo was managed superbly and what it did was set a precedent that many clubs wouldn't have expected. We are not a club that needs to bend to the demands of others. Letting him go for any less than his value which is 15mil would be giving in to this whole weak board concept and people here would have lapped it up as reasons to hate the board. So the board did everything right with the Charlie saga.

3) Who said anything about making him available at all? He's not available as far as I know and I think as far as anyone else knows.

4) Fer will not leave, Sandro may and his performances so far will only have boosted his price from the small amount it was anyway given his situation.

5) Hoilett I don't think will leave as he is starting to find his feet with a manager who has faith in him, something which I expect will keep him here.

6) Nothing we can really do with the Samba thing but calling it a bad business approach isn't really right. He signed after a very promising half season and he's been gone for most of that time anyway. He's not exactly on a ridiculous salary to my knowledge, between 15k-25k if I recall correctly.

7) Would rather he get constant game time for a league 1 team and built up his confidence than throwing him in whenever Perch isn't fit.

8) Jack Grealish is a very talented player as it is who would improve the club, just as Kyle Walker did. Loaning players in is not a bad thing, if the player is available, so be it, you have to ask if at current time, he would improve the club. With Grealish, my answer would be absolutely, just as it was with Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, etc. Also, no one but the fans tried to compare us to Southampton. We want to develop players of course, but we can't do it straight away, we need time to build a portfolio of youth.

9) If you don't think JFH is a different approach, under any circumstance, than your validity with regards to all your points must surely be under question. When have we seen here a manager with successful experience at lower levels and who gets the respect of his players from his playing days, while still being young and hungry to succeed. That to me signals a hugely different approach from the club.

For me the last window was a turning point and signalled a different type of Rangers. We don't need any more turning points, just keep doing what we did in the summer.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          I'm glad I'm not fighting a battle with people & they can see for themselves Fernandes is out of control & Les is a FOOL
          Get over yourself.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We need to get rid of a lot of the high earners due to FPP.
            I imagine other clubs and agents know this so they are no doubt using it to their advantage.
            I also think there is a lot that goes on that we do not know about yet we are prepared to believe speculation from shoddy sources emanating from said agents.

Comment

Caulker - I don't remember Southampton begging to make it a permanent transfer rather than loan, you cannot force another club to buy a player so what were we supposed to do. to me it was good business to help cut the wage bill

Charlie - I think most people wanted us to hold out for more than £12m so we did and now with our old friend hindsight it was perhaps not the best option. With the regards to the suggestion we MAKE Charlie sign a new contract how on Earth do you suggest this is done, kidnap his family ?????? Would never happen

Phillips - Would not have argued with him going for £6m but again is that hindsight talking, he had a good end to the year and I expected more from him this year.

Fer - As you say didn't pass the medical at Sunderland, how is that mis-management of the club ? We cannot fake players fitness to sell them so should Les have taken the medical for him ?

Hoilett - We could easily have given him away in the last window you are wrong, the problem is his high salary that almost no one was willing to meet. Again do we kidnap his family to force him to leave ?

Furlong - I fully agree with you here, if he can be played in the PL should have been given a go in the championship. However he is only on a short term loan and still learning so not the end of the world.

Comment

Hold up....

1. Furlong was played to please fans, wasnt good enough and isnt good enough to play in the Champ. Fact.

2. Caulker was a superb deal and yes Saints have realised he's Pony, but they paid us £2.5million for a season so we did well.

3. Sandro has been very good this year for us, N/A for me.

4. Fer's medical fell through

5. Chaz was a punt, was never gonna be a right or wrong situation. Sell him and maybe not replace and therefore fans are upset. Keep him and please fans but dont have a good season and fans moan that we made no cash.

6. Phillips is the 'right sort' and at the time was worth a little more than we paid. Still has a year to run on his deal I think. (Same situation as Austin)

Had QPR been playing quality this season nobody would have been smashing TF or LF. FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                  Getting a bit boring now. Trolling.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    Had QPR been playing quality this season nobody would have been smashing TF or LF. FACT.
                    Ha ha! Is this your first time on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      Ha ha! Is this your first time on this forum?
                      This doesn't make much sense to me tbh... and no pal, I've been around April 09 as it says to my right ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        This doesn't make much sense to me tbh... and no pal, I've been around April 09 as it says to my right ;-)
                        Sorry - forgot the smiley.

I'm just doubting that last fact of yours as I'm convinced that if we won the Champions League there would still be some on here bashing TF and LF, saying that it was luck or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          Sorry - forgot the smiley.

I'm just doubting that last fact of yours as I'm convinced that if we won the Champions League there would still be some on here bashing TF and LF, saying that it was luck or something like that.
                          I dont think so, its just the mindset of our fans. We've changed so very much late and it goes back to us being given false hope and dreams that havent quite happened yet.

I seriously doubt LF and TF are trying to fook our club up on purpose haha. Its a crazy thought

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            1) Or we just do what we did and loaned him with a nice big fee and make good money on that while having the option of keeping him on promotion should he perform well and should he not, we can break even by selling him for 2 million less than we would have.

2) The Charlie saga imo was managed superbly and what it did was set a precedent that many clubs wouldn't have expected. We are not a club that needs to bend to the demands of others. Letting him go for any less than his value which is 15mil would be giving in to this whole weak board concept and people here would have lapped it up as reasons to hate the board. So the board did everything right with the Charlie saga.

3) Who said anything about making him available at all? He's not available as far as I know and I think as far as anyone else knows.

4) Fer will not leave, Sandro may and his performances so far will only have boosted his price from the small amount it was anyway given his situation.

5) Hoilett I don't think will leave as he is starting to find his feet with a manager who has faith in him, something which I expect will keep him here.

6) Nothing we can really do with the Samba thing but calling it a bad business approach isn't really right. He signed after a very promising half season and he's been gone for most of that time anyway. He's not exactly on a ridiculous salary to my knowledge, between 15k-25k if I recall correctly.

7) Would rather he get constant game time for a league 1 team and built up his confidence than throwing him in whenever Perch isn't fit.

8) Jack Grealish is a very talented player as it is who would improve the club, just as Kyle Walker did. Loaning players in is not a bad thing, if the player is available, so be it, you have to ask if at current time, he would improve the club. With Grealish, my answer would be absolutely, just as it was with Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, etc. Also, no one but the fans tried to compare us to Southampton. We want to develop players of course, but we can't do it straight away, we need time to build a portfolio of youth.

9) If you don't think JFH is a different approach, under any circumstance, than your validity with regards to all your points must surely be under question. When have we seen here a manager with successful experience at lower levels and who gets the respect of his players from his playing days, while still being young and hungry to succeed. That to me signals a hugely different approach from the club.

For me the last window was a turning point and signalled a different type of Rangers. We don't need any more turning points, just keep doing what we did in the summer.
                            Agree with this. Is a cliché but we are in transition and undergoing some pain as part of that and still have some baggage to deal with.

Comment

Before the first game kicked off, everyone was delighted with the business we done.

All i keep hearing is....we have the players...we should be winning the league with this lot....So by that standing, the board managed to keep the right players?

Seems to me like your having a go at him both ways. If he sold no ambition, if he keeps them mis managed.

STOP FARKING MOANING

Comment

Working...
                              X