Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
    Needs to get his a### back and defend as well.
    Agree. Was walking back for their first goal which came from his wing. Couldnt have been tired as it was only a few minutes in

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Agree. Was walking back for their first goal which came from his wing. Couldnt have been tired as it was only a few minutes in
      Frustrating ain't it?
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

all this lacking in confidence i can't wear that , he's lazy and his head drops when things are not going his way , he collects a huge wage from the club and needs to walk off the pitch knackered

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          Frustrating ain't it?
          Yes very mate

Comment

He is a winger best played on the right wing in a 442 formation where he can deliver crosses into the penatly area. 433 does not suit his play.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              He is a winger best played on the right wing in a 442 formation where he can deliver crosses into the penatly area. 433 does not suit his play.
              That's just not true. If anything, 442 holds him back, he has to do more defending in a 442.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He is a right winger. His role is to get to the crossing position on the edge of the box and deliver a ball. Playing deeper in a 442 will force him to defend more, meaning he is deeper on the pitch, and therefore cannot deliver crosses.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  That's just not true. If anything, 442 holds him back, he has to do more defending in a 442.
                  I disagree. His best form came as a right winger in a 442 or 4411.
                  How many goals did he score or assist in last season in those formation , compared to the few apps he made in Redkrapps 352 4231 451 rubbish

Comment

He is a right winger. His role is to get to the crossing position on the edge of the box and deliver a ball. Playing deeper in a 442 will force him to defend more, meaning he is deeper on the pitch, and therefore cannot deliver crosses.
                    So he never managed these in the premiership. I thought you were the stats man

Comment

You dont cross fron the edge of the box.

Comment

You dont cross fron the edge of the box.
                        Edge of the box as in the area near the corner flag. Sorry about miswording it.

Comment

So he never managed these in the premiership. I thought you were the stats man
                          I know that he was capable but it isn't the fact that it was a 442, it was the fact that the runs were made by the strikers.

Comment

A lot of teams are doubling up on him but he does seem to be lacking confidence.

Comment

Working...
                            X