I think one of our major problems at the back is Nedum Onouha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think one of our major problems at the back is Nedum Onouha

I am going to go against the grain and say, I think Onouha IS the problem, he isn't commanding as a CB/ leader like Alan McDonald or a man marker like Danny Maddix.

I think the only position he would probably excel in is on the right of a three at the back, it's must be difficult to play anyone next to him because he doesn't read the game well, mark well or isn't tall enough to be completely dominant in the air.

What are your thoughts?
    Kept the faith!

Have to agree . Don't really get the hype with him to be honest , certainly isn't vocal or commanding enough to be captain . We defiantly need a leader back there

Comment

Powerful strong but I agree not a commanding cb
      R's

Comment

Think he is probably the best defender we have. makes a lot of blocks and last minute tackles, plus has pace. Seems to have cut out the errors he was showing a few years ago. Would look at every other position / player in the back four before him

Comment

Fair play to your view California.

However completely disagree. Head and shoulders our best cb and imo well up there as one of the best in the league. He's been in great form so far and is commanding and decent on the ball.

He's by far not a problem, we have many others to worry about along that back line before Ned.

Comment

Is he the best of a bad lot? I like the look of Hall, he attacks the ball, a more commanding player next to him might bring him on?

Thanks for your polite reply, this is how a board should work, different opinions but one goal!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

If I was looking at replacing the first team he wouldn't be in my top 5 or 6 to be replaced with someone better. As good as a player is if you weaken the players around him he will look worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                If I was looking at replacing the first team he wouldn't be in my top 5 or 6 to be replaced with someone better. As good as a player is if you weaken the players around him he will look worse.
                Cool
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Yep.

Never understood the fuss about Ned.

Occasional good display but often out of position, beaten for pace because he is slow to read the game, nearly always commits the centre backs cardinal sin of "letting it bounce".
                  Also clumsy and poor at clearing the ball under pressure which regularly costs us.
                  Remember O'Neils sending off in the play off final. A direct result of Ned giving the ball to Derby unnecessarily.

Have always felt that him and Green together are an accident waiting to happen. Two own goals for Ned last year I think.

Averaging two goals conceded for the whole of last year and so far this year suggests they are not good together.

Honestly believe we will not sort our defensive problems out until one of them has gone.

Know I won't be over popular with my opinion but the pair of them just don't do it for me.

Tin hat not needed cos I'm just setting off taking the boys fishing for the weekend.

Comment

Agree what you say about Ned not being the bellowing leader at the back, but I don't get how that consitutes him being the problem? He has the pace and strength to be a real asset in this league, we should be looking to put him ALONGSIDE a big commanding CB, not instead of. Him alongside somebody like that old Jason de Vos that played for Wigan years back would be brilliant at this level.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

This is a civil debate, no tin hats required!
                      Last edited by californiahoop; 28-08-2015, 11:52 AM.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Neds is the perfect CB to have alongside a commanding figure. I don't think he is the commanding figure himself as you say.

Hopefully this Angella fella is!

Comment

Agree that Ned isn't particularly vocal but wouldn't call him the problem. He leads by example out there. Look at Hall, he plays surprisingly well, better than we all thought he would and I think part of the reason is having someone like Ned who puts himself about and gets involved. Just from whoscored.com; he's been rated as the 3rd best centre back in the league so far this season with a score of 7.49; Only Curtis Davies and Kyle Mcfadzean ahead of him.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Think Ned has arguably been best player so far this season and has not put a foot wrong. Those that say he does not talk or lead next game watch him closely.

Does baffle me how people pick faults with Ned but are blind to how poor green is between the sticks and defend him at every opportunity.

The defence/keeper is the last line of defence perhaps it would bode well to look further up the pitch and see what is going on in front of them and how they get exposed before blaming defence and individuals

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Neds is the perfect CB to have alongside a commanding figure. I don't think he is the commanding figure himself as you say.

Hopefully this Angella fella is!
                              Fingers crossed.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X