• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
    Threads like this shouldnt be allowed.
    What utter nonsense.

Of course it should be allowed.

There have been literally THOUSANDS of similar threads over the years whereby a poster rates a player, thinks he'd be a good signing, and posts a thread on the subject - often saying "< insert player's name > - thoughts?"..."discuss" etc...

It's part and parcel of messageboards, so keep it up Swede and appreciate the info
    Last edited by Stanley; 04-08-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I scored a goal for my sunday league side direct from a kick-off before. Wished someone wouldve youtubed that and made a thread about it.

Comment

Someone makes a suggestion, someone comments on said suggestion, others give their views; both positive and negative; it's utter madness, when will this madness subside? ;)
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          I scored a goal for my sunday league side direct from a kick-off before. Wished someone wouldve youtubed that and made a thread about it.
          I assume your sunday league also had a team in the champions league last season

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieM View Post
            I assume your sunday league also had a team in the champions league last season
            This guy been scoring wondergoals in the Champions League? Post away my good friend.........

Comment

This guy been scoring wondergoals in the Champions League? Post away my good friend.........
              Where and when did I say that?

It sounded to me like you were comparing your sunday league with the swedish league

Comment

Where and when did I say that?

It sounded to me like you were comparing your sunday league with the swedish league
                Where did I say that?

Swedish League is about comparable to the Scottish league IMO. This bloke scored 3 goals last season against teams the standard of Falkirk and St. Johnstone. Is this really the sort of player we should be signing?

Edit: My point being that we shouldn't sign any bloke who scores a decent goal somewhere in the world.

Comment

Not saying the thread shouldn't be allowed but to compare this guy, who may well be very good in the league he's in, to a player who has done well in a completely different league, unless they have played in the same league, is ridiculous imo.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Where did I say that?

Swedish League is about comparable to the Scottish league IMO. This bloke scored 3 goals last season against teams the standard of Falkirk and St. Johnstone. Is this really the sort of player we should be signing?
                    I don't know if we should sign him. I leave that to the scouts. My point was that people should be able to make posts like these without being mocked at...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Not saying the thread shouldn't be allowed but to compare this guy, who may well be very good in the league he's in, to a player who has done well in a completely different league, unless they have played in the same league, is ridiculous imo.
                      3 goals last season, so clearly not very good in the league he is in.

Comment

As far as I can see, the difference between the threads we usually get suggesting players, in comparison to this one...is usually the player in question is somebody we can actually discuss and debate about because we know who they are.

I'm not trying to police threads or anything so you can all settle down. If anybody actually knows about this guy and can give an opinion on him to spark some kind of discussion then by all means, the floor is yours.

Only, you probably can't can you? Which renders this entire thread pointless. He might turn out to be a top player. He most likely wont. Either way nobody other than the OP can actually comment so what are we supposed to say exactly?? How is it sparking a debate if nobody is in a position to actually comment?

As a side note, the majority of the players I do see some on here suggesting out of the blue, even if they are plying their trade in the UK are usually absolute turd or over the hill anyway, despite us all moaning when we sign somebody other the age of 30.

Comment

I don't know if we should sign him. I leave that to the scouts. My point was that people should be able to make posts like these without being mocked at...
                          Behave. The OP says this guy is better than Andre Gray, a bloke who scored 16 goals in the Championship last season. Mad statement.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                            As far as I can see, the difference between the threads we usually get suggesting players, in comparison to this one...is usually the player in question is somebody we can actually discuss and debate about because we know who they are.

I'm not trying to police threads or anything so you can all settle down. If anybody actually knows about this guy and can give an opinion on him to spark some kind of discussion then by all means, the floor is yours.

Only, you probably can't can you? Which renders this entire thread pointless. He might turn out to be a top player. He most likely wont. Either way nobody other than the OP can actually comment so what are we supposed to say exactly?? How is it sparking a debate if nobody is in a position to actually comment?

As a side note, the majority of the players I do see some on here suggesting out of the blue, even if they are plying their trade in the UK are usually absolute turd or over the hill anyway, despite us all moaning when we sign somebody other the age of 30.
                            If you're not in a position to comment on the player because you know nothing of him, then simply don't. That's surely what most would do, and if enough people do that then the thread naturally dies through lack of debate.

But you said "threads like this shouldnt be allowed" which is obviously ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              If you're not in a position to comment on the player because you know nothing of him, then simply don't. That's surely what most would do, and if enough people do that then the thread naturally dies through lack of debate.

But you said "threads like this shouldnt be allowed" which is obviously ridiculous.
                              Threads like this should be allowed. But if you make crazy statements like this guy is way better than Andre Gray then expect to get shot down.

Comment

Threads like this should be allowed. But if you make crazy statements like this guy is way better than Andre Gray then expect to get shot down.
                                I'll hold my hands up. Shouldnt have said "threads like this shouldnt be allowed" (even if I think they are pointless) but it was infact the way in which the OP then went on to adamently say this guy was better than Gray that got my back up. Thats opinion (a wrong one at that) and not fact. This is why i've called them out on it. You can suggest players but if nobody has heard of them and they are playing in a tin pot league then you shouldnt be then making silly comments about them being better than a genuine target of ours who has actually proven himself in this league. Madness.

Comment

Working...
                                X