No announcement yet.

Dan Bentley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we do sign Bentley,, then we can't muck up like we did with McCarthy for instance relegation clauses,, I hope we can get this one over the line sharpish
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Poor McCarthy gets slatted, what protection did he have in front off him, a pony manager in redccrapp who would damage a 10 year olds confidence
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
        From what i`ve seen Bentley is much better than Mcarthy and we can`t play Green forever.
        But as I said I understand and agree with you, but would like to sign Bentley and have him for years to come.
        If he is indeed a better keeper than McCarthy and Green (I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion) then I'm sure the conversation with Greeno at the end of the season will be "thanks for 4 great years, do you want to move on or stay on as number 2?".
        Last edited by Tarbie; 03-08-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          Poor McCarthy gets slatted, what protection did he have in front off him, a pony manager in redccrapp who would damage a 10 year olds confidence
          Who's slating him?

All I'm saying is that from what I've seen McCarthy isn't as good as rob Green and he isn't future England material. Not digging him, just giving an honest assessment of where he is in the world. As for using our defence as a reason for him not impressing when he played, same defence as Rob Green played behind all season last time I checked!

Comment

Just goes to show that green is the better keeper, I think McCarthy we will see a different keeper all together, I am confident he will get an england call up even if he doesn't play.
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Just goes to show that green is the better keeper, I think McCarthy we will see a different keeper all together, I am confident he will get an england call up even if he doesn't play.
              Eh? Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Who's slating him?

All I'm saying is that from what I've seen McCarthy isn't as good as rob Green and he isn't future England material. Not digging him, just giving an honest assessment of where he is in the world. As for using our defence as a reason for him not impressing when he played, same defence as Rob Green played behind all season last time I checked!

And this season's defence is looking far from comparable with last season. Much worse currently.
                9 out, only 1 in so far. So Greens experience could be crucial.

Get the lad in and get Englands 3rd choice to coach & mentor both him & Lumley for this season.
                He can play in Cups (twice !) and if Green gets injured or suspended - possession is 9/10..... IMO

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                  And this season's defence is looking far from comparable with last season. Much worse currently.

Get the lad in and get Englands 3rd choice to coach & mentor both him & Lumley for this season.
                  He can play in Cups (twice !) and if Green gets injured or suspended - possession is 9/10..... IMO
                  I think there are 2 or 3 defenders inbound this week!

Comment

Sign him and whatever happens we will probably still be able to sell on for a profit.... Looks like he is going for around 1.5 mill

Comment

another mcarthy situation here. apparently he wants first team football what won't happen
                      Sort of but I reckon it's more likely that Green will move on after this season

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Eh? Come again?
                        It's a shame we can't have a wager on it, because I am confident he will get an england call up one day, it might take a few years but it will happen
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Sort of but I reckon it's more likely that Green will move on after this season
                          2 more seasons max left for green
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

????

Of the players who actually "contributed" to our "defense" last season, only Dunne (13 league games), Rio(11), Caulker(35) and Isla(26) have left. That only makes 4, by my reckoning. On top of that only two of them actually featured much, so in reality it is closer to 2 1/2 defenders shipped out.
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                              From what i`ve seen Bentley is much better than Mcarthy and we can`t play Green forever.
                              But as I said I understand and agree with you, but would like to sign Bentley and have him for years to come.
                              Jesus. If Bentley is better than Green and McCarthy why the h**l would he be here for more than two seasons? Naive thinking. Total bull****.
                              That said I hope we sign him, but this ''years to come'' & ''long term future'' is something which was maybe in the 70's, not nowadays.

Comment

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blu...aniel_Bentley/

Offer rejected. Apparently our offer was lower than 1 million and thas was what Hull had offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X