"Austin and Fer will probably leave" - Chris Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Polter looks like a replacement for Zamora. reading that comment from Ramsey suggests no one will come in to replace Austin until he goes, yet he wants him to stay until the last day of the window.

I realise that if no club makes an acceptable bid he could then stay on until January, but what if on the last day West Ham Newcastle Bournemouth Leicester etc bid £15M and he goes. It won't leave much if anytime to replace him ...just like Remy last season. Worse still they might actually succeed in panic buying an expensive dud as they almost did last season with Borini.

This is why they should have set their own deadline to sell Austin and Fer.
    Polter is no replacement for Zamora IMO. His much better on the ground than Zamora is and has a yard of pace.

I'd rather not keep him until Jan, his value will decrease due to him being in his final year and no-one will come in for him in Jan when they can get him on a free next summer.

If he goes on the last day then i would imagine we will use the money to fund a centre back and loan someone.
    Can see us banking a lot of the Austin and Fer money though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      If we are then great, but my point is avoiding relegation and finishing mid table will not constitute a bad season.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        no-one will come in for him in Jan when they can get him on a free next summer.
        This isn't necessarily true. A team in or around the bottom three of the Premiership in January might want to take the chance of getting him in the push them up the league or move them out of trouble. Remember Defoe and Sunderland last season? Plenty of teams will be panicking come the January transfer window so its not impossible. Will be a gamble but not completely out of the question...

Comment

I don't think he would go to a team very close to being relegated in Jan as he will just find himself in the same situation as now if they go down but on a longer contract. This would push his price up even more and there doesn't seem to be many willing to match £15m to get him in before the season starts currently let alone pay more.

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
            We absolutely stormed the league in 2011 without a prolific striker, don't understand where all this doom and gloom is coming from re. Polter. Seems as though his hold-up play is brilliant and he puts himself about. With the likes of Chery, Phillips, JET, Diakite, Luongo, Gladwin and possibly Fer in support maybe what we need is a strong target man that can bring these players into the game. Obviously every team is after a 20-goal a season striker but provided our defensive situation is sorted out I don't think we'll be anywhere near relegation if we lose Chaz

In 2011 we had the best player in the division (fact) playing for us, scoring 19 and with 22 assists (again fact)
            We also had a manager that knew exactly how to get teams promoted and supplemented his team accordingly.
            Oh and starting with a 19 games unbeaten run.

I'm hopeful, but not sure any of those will repeat this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
              This isn't necessarily true. A team in or around the bottom three of the Premiership in January might want to take the chance of getting him in the push them up the league or move them out of trouble. Remember Defoe and Sunderland last season? Plenty of teams will be panicking come the January transfer window so its not impossible. Will be a gamble but not completely out of the question...
              My point is we wont get anywhere near 12mill for him in Jan, let alone 15mill.

Comment

It isn't just the same as the Remy situation though is it. We didn't have to sell to buy then for starters. Remy went at the end of the deadline leaving no time to sort a proper replacement before naming the 25 man squad we would be forced to stay with. It is now abundantly clear that we will not buy before securing funds on sales/loans so cannot spend until or unless Charlie goes first, but why should we sell him undervalue and/or if no one has offered the money should we have arranged an auction like with some knackered old property in need of a tart up?The same people griping now would do just the same if we gave him on the cheap, despite the fact we could use the money to replace him with a poorer model. The biggest difference now is that we don't have to fix a 25 man squad once the window shuts and we can await availability of half decent players excluded from EPL squads. As for why haven't we taken a loan already to cover it? Well most of the strikers loaned before now will not have any chance of featuring in an EPL squad and are available just to improve them and benefit the parent Club. We have to wait for more useful/proven strikers and no doubt there will be fees involved - which we can't pay anyway, at least until Charile goes.

As I said at the start, nothing like the Remy situation at all
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  Polter looks like a replacement for Zamora. reading that comment from Ramsey suggests no one will come in to replace Austin until he goes, yet he wants him to stay until the last day of the window.

I realise that if no club makes an acceptable bid he could then stay on until January, but what if on the last day West Ham Newcastle Bournemouth Leicester etc bid £15M and he goes. It won't leave much if anytime to replace him ...just like Remy last season. Worse still they might actually succeed in panic buying an expensive dud as they almost did last season with Borini.

This is why they should have set their own deadline to sell Austin and Fer.
                  you cant expect that sensible move this season because our chairman is "still learning"

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                    you cant expect that sensible move this season because our chairman is "still learning"
                    After 8 transfer window?

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks IF (and its a big IF) Charlie Austin does stay past this transfer window, that to ensure the club dont get completely screwed by losing him for nothing in the summer, that we'll offer, and he'll hopefully subsequently accept a 1 year contract extension?

The club could even add on a minimum release fee clause and make it 15m to ensure that if he does leave, we get exactly what we want for him?

Maybe I'm giving CA too much credit but thus far he's conducted himself superbly and despite being on the fringes of the England squad and really needing to play Prem footy to secure a place for this summer, he hasnt once moaned or threw a strop, refused to play or even handed in a transfer request. He knows his value, and he seems to be a decent bloke. Wouldnt rule out him signing a contract offer of 1 year if only to ensure we got a fee for him when he did leave.

Comment

Austin won't sign an extension. Its not in his interest

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
                          We absolutely stormed the league in 2011 without a prolific striker, don't understand where all this doom and gloom is coming from re. Polter. Seems as though his hold-up play is brilliant and he puts himself about. With the likes of Chery, Phillips, JET, Diakite, Luongo, Gladwin and possibly Fer in support maybe what we need is a strong target man that can bring these players into the game. Obviously every team is after a 20-goal a season striker but provided our defensive situation is sorted out I don't think we'll be anywhere near relegation if we lose Chaz
                          Yep we also had the little matter of Adel Tarrabt who - whatever the view of him subsequently - scored something like 19 goals himself and had a similar number of assists.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            Totally agree. If he stays at QPR until January his goals could propel QPR into the top 6. There will be clubs looking to buy him. In January both in the Premiership and even the Championship. True he wont be sold for anywhere near £15m by then, but I think this is a gamble worth taking because I don't believe QPR will even be buying another striker capable of scoring at least 15 goals a season.
                            Teams without a regular scorer often struggle at the wrong end of the table. The big danger there is of course dropping into League 1.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                              Chairman has made huge mistakes but fans living in fantasy world thinking he cd impose his own deadline. The fact is we need the money, so if someone comes in last minute with a big offer we will have to accept. And other clubs clearly realise this, which is why they are happy to gamble on getting him for less as we grow more desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Yep we also had the little matter of Adel Tarrabt who - whatever the view of him subsequently - scored something like 19 goals himself and had a similar number of assists.
                                And had a similar amount of assists. Funny how people 'forget' things like that.
                                Who knows, perhaps JET or Cherry will be the new Taarabt. No, I don't believe that.

Comment

Working...
                                X