Vargas - Copa America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
    An attack of him, Adel, Philips and Austin would've kept us up.
    Didn't we have all 4 on against Everton?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      SWP made the bench a few times fair enough but Adel was picked like twice under Ramsay what are you talking about

At Palace he prefered Adel & SWP to Vargas at at any time neither of these 2 should've been in front of him? And if Adel was picked twice that was twice too many and as for SWP if he was picked twice for the reserves that would've been to many, can you really say that Adel, SWP deserved to be picked in front of Vargas, or are you one of those who jus can't get over fat boy,

Comment

He was played on the wing because Harry failed to a) sign cover in the centre of the park where we could create for austin and vargas b) failed to play fer there when he was fit instead also playing him on the other wing most the time c) this resulted in long ball as the defence had no quality midfield out so ooohhh Bobby Zamora had to play so we could apply head tennis. Categoric facts

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          He was played on the wing because Harry failed to a) sign cover in the centre of the park where we could create for austin and vargas b) failed to play fer there when he was fit instead also playing him on the other wing most the time c) this resulted in long ball as the defence had no quality midfield out so ooohhh Bobby Zamora had to play so we could apply head tennis. Categoric facts
          Exactly, we had the players but Harry only had one plan.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            At Palace he prefered Adel & SWP to Vargas at at any time neither of these 2 should've been in front of him? And if Adel was picked twice that was twice too many and as for SWP if he was picked twice for the reserves that would've been to many, can you really say that Adel, SWP deserved to be picked in front of Vargas, or are you one of those who jus can't get over fat boy,
            Didn't it come out that Vargas refused to play in the Palace game?
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

With 7 minutes to go

Comment

Absolute joke, HR should be sued!!!!

That said, as much as it hurts, relegation is the best thing that has happened to us, staying up would have papered over the cracks.

If we go up this or next season, it will be from a solid foundation, adding 3/4 players instead of 9/10.

I HATE Harry Radknapp!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

No Ramsey made him sub, and picked Fatboy & SWP in front of him, and these 2 had done very little if anything before in the season, he then refused to go on when asked with 10 minutes to go. I'm affraid if them 2 were picked in front of me and I was him I'd be pissed about it them 2 have contributed very litte to this club in 2 years and Vargas probably put more effort into 1 game than Adel & SWP have put into the last 2 years,

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Perhaps he was on the bench while recovering but would only be played as a last resort, hence why he argued at Palace about coming on (with the game already gone). Truth is we don't know and there is only speculation but it is strange that he would go from a winning team at West Brom then not go back to it if it was possible.
                    Vargas was not injured whilst sat on the bench at Palace watching Taarabt and SWP doing sweet FA on the pitch for 85mins. He injured his knee on 4th April at WBA.

Comment

Yep was on bench and refused to come on .
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        I agree.

HR was a numpty, unable to manage a half reasonable squad with some good tactics and team selections.

he screwed up the defence by constantly changing the CB's, and playing players out of position.

Caulker and Dunne as CBs, Barton, Henry (Sandro when fit) Fer in CM, with Vargas and Phillips behind Austin in a settled 4-3-2-1 formation with an emphasis on attacking the opponents rather than sitting back defending, might just have seen a better season for QPR. We could then have really seen what the likes of Vargas, Isla, Fer & Phillips were capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          No Ramsey made him sub, and picked Fatboy & SWP in front of him, and these 2 had done very little if anything before in the season, he then refused to go on when asked with 10 minutes to go. I'm affraid if them 2 were picked in front of me and I was him I'd be pissed about it them 2 have contributed very litte to this club in 2 years and Vargas probably put more effort into 1 game than Adel & SWP have put into the last 2 years,
                          That's the way I saw it too.

I have every sympathy for Vargas in that situation. Ramsey had screwed up his team selection for that game and with substitutions, so asking Vargas to come on and rescue a game with about 7mins remaining at 3-1 down was just adding insult to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            That's the way I saw it too.

I have every sympathy for Vargas in that situation. Ramsey had screwed up his team selection for that game and with substitutions, so asking Vargas to come on and rescue a game with about 7mins remaining at 3-1 down was just adding insult to injury.
                            I liked Vargas but I can't say I agree with this at all. The personnel involved are definitely swaying this IMO. For example, if it were Adel on the bench refusing to come on I can't imagine we would all be so sympathetic?

Vargas was a good player and I liked him, but when you're a footballer and paid huge sums of money, you simply cannot refuse to do your job when asked by your manager. It's disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Yep was on bench and refused to come on .
                              Matty, I think Vargas had every right to do so.

Ramsey's decisions for that match were shocking, starting with switching Phillips to the left wing, selecting Furlong to deal with Bolassie, selecting to start with the unfit Taarabt, and then selecting SWP for the right wing.
                              He then chose not to make changes at half time when 3-0 down other than to take Furlong off and replace him with Hill (switching Onuoha to RB). It was then only in the closing stages that Ramsey appeared to wake up and smell the coffee (or something else) and decide to sub SWP.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                Matty, I think Vargas had every right to do so.

Ramsey's decisions for that match were shocking, starting with switching Phillips to the left wing, selecting Furlong to deal with Bolassie, selecting to start with the unfit Taarabt, and then selecting SWP for the right wing.
                                He then chose not to make changes at half time when 3-0 down other than to take Furlong off and replace him with Hill (switching Onuoha to RB). It was then only in the closing stages that Ramsey appeared to wake up and smell the coffee (or something else) and decide to sub SWP.
                                I agree Stan, they were shocking, I left that match at half time and even drunkely started a thread on here about how bad Ramsey was that day. But that doesn't mean you just refuse to play surely?! Imagine that precedent was set - if you don't agree with your managers tactics and selection, you can do as you please .

Comment

Working...
                                X