hats off for swindon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hats off for swindon

apparently they've screwed over spurs and more importantly Daniel Levy on this deal. despite it being a combined fee for Luongo and Gladwin of 3-4mill we've apparently got Luongo for less than a million! Swindon have done it this way so they don't have to pay a wacking big sell on percentage to Spurs. Pulling a Levy on Levy which is fantastic
    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

I remember Swansea doing the same thing with Vorm - his original club were due 25% of any sale, so they done a straight swap with Spurs for Sigurdsson to avoid any fees. Clever business if you ask me!

Comment

Let's not get too flash it could be us losing out on £15mil in few weeks if Liverpool do same thing over sterling

Comment

Great business by them and nice to se someone screwing levy.

Comment

Great idea... Let's Levy him out of the deal.

Comment

Hmmm, as West said, what goes around comes around.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Is this how it works? I thought possibly in deals like this where a sell on clause in envoked would involve some sort of arbitration panel who judge how much each player went to each club for?

ie. Arsenal sign Sterling for Walcott +10m. Panel view Walcott at 30m, +10m = 40m. We get 20% of 40m (8m)

............... At least thats how I hope it works, or sell on clauses are now completely ####ed.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Is this how it works? I thought possibly in deals like this where a sell on clause in envoked would involve some sort of arbitration panel who judge how much each player went to each club for?

ie. Arsenal sign Sterling for Walcott +10m. Panel view Walcott at 30m, +10m = 40m. We get 20% of 40m (8m)

............... At least thats how I hope it works, or sell on clauses are now completely ####ed.
                No bakes unfortunately not. Someone mentioned earlier it was what swansea did with the vorm deal who had a sell on fee with Utrecht. Because there were a few players involved they declared vorm as a free transfer and Utrecht got screwed. I think they tried taking it to court but not sure what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  No bakes unfortunately not. Someone mentioned earlier it was what swansea did with the vorm deal who had a sell on fee with Utrecht. Because there were a few players involved they declared vorm as a free transfer and Utrecht got screwed. I think they tried taking it to court but not sure what happened.
                  Hmmmmmmm. This makes sell on deals completely redundant. Say I have Austin who's worth 20m but Burnley have 50% sell on. Liverpool want to sign him but I dont wanna give BFC 10m, so I raid Liverpool for 20m of talent (say Lucas, and Lovren) and leave the little guy with 0.

This will send small clubs to the wall, clubs that thrive on sell-on clauses in contracts. Sure this can't be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    Hmmmmmmm. This makes sell on deals completely redundant. Say I have Austin who's worth 20m but Burnley have 50% sell on. Liverpool want to sign him but I dont wanna give BFC 10m, so I raid Liverpool for 20m of talent (say Lucas, and Lovren) and leave the little guy with 0.

This will send small clubs to the wall, clubs that thrive on sell-on clauses in contracts. Sure this can't be legal.
                    agree, surely the players value must be considered whether it's a cash transaction or a swap deal
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      agree, surely the players value must be considered whether it's a cash transaction or a swap deal
                      i think in the example quoted (swap austin for 2 players), then yeah, the players' value does get included. but, if we sold them austin for £4m and then swapped, say, clint hill for lucas and lovren in a separate deal, then the sell on would be meaningless.

usually, the sell-on percentage only applies to anything above the original fee paid, so, if the op is correct, here swindon have sold luongo on at cost (so no sell-on percentage applies), but got a very good price for gladwin in a completely separate deal.

probably explains why the 2 were announced separately with gladwin (who was supposedly in more advanced discussions throughout) being announced second.

Comment

I was expecting lots of the clowns ramseys Spurs boys here maybe that won't happen now, oh the joy

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                          i think in the example quoted (swap austin for 2 players), then yeah, the players' value does get included. but, if we sold them austin for £4m and then swapped, say, clint hill for lucas and lovren in a separate deal, then the sell on would be meaningless.

usually, the sell-on percentage only applies to anything above the original fee paid, so, if the op is correct, here swindon have sold luongo on at cost (so no sell-on percentage applies), but got a very good price for gladwin in a completely separate deal.

probably explains why the 2 were announced separately with gladwin (who was supposedly in more advanced discussions throughout) being announced second.
                          That does make more sense now, still a bit sneaky, and surely there must be some sort of appeal process for the club who had 50% stake? Not that this should bother us mind, it's a matter between Swindon and Levy and I for one want to see Levy screwed.

Is interesting regarding the Walcott/Sterling situation. Hopefully we wont get fitted up here.

Comment

we also have a sell on fee with swindon regarding the aussie player.

dont know what % though
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Doubt they would screw over Levy as that would mean no more Spurs loanees for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X