Zamora Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamora Yesterday

Now I have been one of his biggest defenders on this forum but for me he looked totally shot yesterday and a shadow of the player he was at Sunderland and that is after a 10day break from matches

When he performs like he did yesterday for me he is counter productive actually being in the side. He gave away silly foul after silly foul after silly foul and everytime we have a corner he kills it by standing in front of the keeper and blocking him and giving the ref the chance to blow up for a foul against him.

The trick of standing in front of the keeper don't work anymore it was a tactic used about four or five years ago and Refs are wise to it I cannot think of a side that uses this tactic every single corner when the Ref gives a foul against you its so amateurish from Bobby. Your six foot two instead of blocking the b loody keeper what about attacking the penalty spot and trying to get your head on the ball

When Barton went off it was the time for bobby to step up, plant his feet and hold the ball up when it came to him but he done the complete opposite instead giving cheap free kicks away and therefore the ball back to Hull

Really disappointed with his showing yesterday

Zamora's like a flip of a coin, 50/50 you never know what side of him will show up..... and thats been our down fall this season in terms of goals- 2 goals for a striker in 26 games at this level isnt good.... I'll always have a soft spot for him after Wembley, but we need a striker who'll score goals, not 1 who's just be good at holding the ball up.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Agree Nick and yesterday he never even held the ball up.

Its the cheap free kicks he gives away time and time again that is starting to irritate me. If you barge the keeper its a freekick, if you push the player with your elbow when he is in air its a freekick, if you jump into the defender with no intention of winning the ball its a f ucking freekick so why b loody do it

That's why I could not get my head round people saying play Bobby over Austin yesterday as there is only one player who is going to score us out of this situation and its Austin!! he had one chance he took it, Bobby had one chance second half and we the away fans in the corner of the stand had to throw the ball back down to the keeper (high and wide)

Comment

I have always been in favour off Bobby playing the last 15. Minutes off a game. Bring him on only if you want to go with them tactics. Otherwise let him keep the the bench warm. Going back to his silly fouls there is nothing worse than seeing him keep doing that especially when we. Have a corner. You feel like screaming at him
        You Rsssssss

Comment

It happens when you play Bob and Charlie up together in 442. Everytime. Our midfield cannot carry the ball or make space so they plonk it up or pass it sideways. The one time we created movement - thanks to Furlong- we scored. The midfield can't play it through because neither Bob or Charlie can run on to through balls. Charlie's scored once - at Millwall- in such fashion. We will certainly go down if we keep playing two up front. Especially that pairing of Charlie and Bob.

Comment

BZ, put a shift in y'day but he's just not good enough , gets caught offside to often, no pace and silly fouls . to much of our play breaks down with him , why not play 1 up front or play chas and zarate . put old bob out to pasture

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              BZ, put a shift in y'day but he's just not good enough , gets caught offside to often, no pace and silly fouls . to much of our play breaks down with him , why not play 1 up front or play chas and zarate . put old bob out to pasture
              What is your version of putting a shift in mate I thought his presence was pointless

Comment

thats your opinion, i thought he tried hard thats putting a shift in , in my opinion

Comment

Thought Charlie and Bob were an awful pairing yesterday..... lost count of times they were too close to each other. Blessing in disguise when we went down to 10 men and Charlie had to drop back and leave Bob on his own. I agree it wasn't Bob's finest hour yesterday but in terms of trying to be a pest and bother their defence all on his Jacksy for an hour I thought he had a reasonable go at it.

Comment

To be fair he was being marked very tightly
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

thats your opinion, i thought he tried hard thats putting a shift in , in my opinion
                      Surely trying hard is the minimum expectation if I had played yesterday I would have tried hard don't mean I should have been on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Surely trying hard is the minimum expectation if I had played yesterday I would have tried hard don't mean I should have been on the pitch
                        he doesn't pick himself west, i would never play him he's well past his sell by date in the PL, but y'day was one of his better games for effort

Comment

he doesn't pick himself west, i would never play him he's well past his sell by date in the PL, but y'day was one of his better games for effort
                          I accept that mate and your right about getting picked but for me he might run about but if he is running into defenders and giving away free kicks whats the point

Comment

he'll still be on the team sheet against arsenal , god help us

Comment

Dame NŽDoye up front for Hull and Bobby Zamora the same for QPR was one of the main differences between the teams yesterday. Can we swap them? Probably not, IŽm afraid....
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X