Why we played better in the second half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we played better in the second half

The second half performance was clearly better than the first half yesterday. Why ?

I put it down to the fact that Leroy Fer played more central in the second half.

Barton and Henry are tough enough for the midfield but neither of them has great passing ability.

Fer, in my mind is POTENTIALLY the best player we have. His physique is good, his ability to protect the ball is good as is his passing.

He does, however, have a tendency to be lazy when not involved out on the left.

Play him centre and he is less likely to be lazy and can influence the game a lot more.

I put it down to the fact that when we are behind in a game we have to go for it. Otherwise we play for a 0-0.

Comment

4-4-2

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
        I put it down to the fact that when we are behind in a game we have to go for it. Otherwise we play for a 0-0.
        this.

Comment

We always start defending. Why don't we at least be balanced between attacking and defending? Only Harry should answer. As for Fer I have always said he is attacking midfielder not winger.

Now Yun is back and hopefully once Sandro returns he should replace Barton or Henry and we should at least look beter defensively.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Think many of us would like to see Fer and Sandro in the middle in a 4-4-2. As I've said elsewhere, it's our wide players that aren't up to the job which creates imbalances.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              The second half performance was clearly better than the first half yesterday. Why ?

I put it down to the fact that Leroy Fer played more central in the second half.

Barton and Henry are tough enough for the midfield but neither of them has great passing ability.

Fer, in my mind is POTENTIALLY the best player we have. His physique is good, his ability to protect the ball is good as is his passing.

He does, however, have a tendency to be lazy when not involved out on the left.

Play him centre and he is less likely to be lazy and can influence the game a lot more.
              we played even better when hoilett came on why because every player was in there correct position a left winger a right winger an attacking midfielder and defensive midfielder all we need now is dunne to be replaced by caulker and sandro for barton for the next game then we have a chance

my team Green
              Isla Caulker Onuoha YSY
              Vargas Fer Sandro Hoilett
              Zarate Austin
              TWITTER
              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Working...
              X