Lack of pace - Phillips/ Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of pace - Phillips/ Hoilett

If we are to survive we need to pick up away points. We have the smallest pitch in the league and our game plan at home works and is not reliant on pace. The reason we haven't picked up any points away from home is because the pitches are bigger and we cannot play on the counter attack as we have no pace. We cannot defend for sustained periods to hang on to nil nils or maintain a decent position - Burnley scored a few mins after we did, Chelsea scored after Austin levelled

So my point is this ..... Hoilett and Phillips in theory should be key in our away form approach. They (Hoilett and Phillips) have been the biggest disappointment of this season and I can see why redknapp is looking to ship them both out.

Look at Puncheon at Palace - he gives them an outlet and scored goals too. I can't understand why our 2 wide players have been so poor. Are they less gifted than puncheon- no way!

Redknapp has given them both chance after chance - is it confidence, attitude - what is it?

One things for sure unless we address the pace away from home issue - I think we will continue to lose away from home

I understand peoples frustration with hoilett I have had so many heated debates with people on here about him over the last 12 months. He is pony and shows no sign of changing his approach to how he plays.

Hes the most frustrating player I can remember at QPR as he could be quality but the bloke refuses to lift his head up and deliver a ball or simple pass. Hes been give countless chances.

Philips however I am genuinely gutted for the lad. Why hasn't harry given him the same chances Hoilett has. I genuinely think if he was give 3 or 4 games on the bounce and harry showed some faith in him he would be a asset to us. His confidence is shot and harry don't help it. Its one of the reasons im done with Harry.

Selecting him in the odd away game and changing formation and expecting him to do the business is beyond me...give the boy a chance or imo watch him go elsewhere ie west brom and pulis will play him for 3 or 4 games straight and put a arm around his shoulder and he will be a gem. Unlike Hoilett this boy can beat his palyer and deliver a cross.

Comment

I say give Isla a go at RM if we can find viable coverage at RB (I REALLY like Nedum at CB).

Hoillet is so awful. I wonder if he has ever seen himself play. One game and I would be so embarrassed I would never want to play again. Like that god awful cross to Bobby at Wembley.

Comment

Redknapp can be blamed for a lot this season - playing players out of position, bad substitutions, poor tactics etc etc BUT when it comes to Hoilett, he/we can only blame himself!...... for what ever reason he's not nearly lived up to his potential since he being here. He's been given plenty of opportunities and just not taken them, instead he's just been a continuous disappointment.
        HE HAS TO GO!!!!!!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We got to find someone crazy enough to buy him though Nick. This is when we got to hope Mark Hughes steps in. I would happily take a hit on him and get rid for 2 mill and wages of the club.

Comment

Hoillett has never been a pacey player his game is built on being a tricky player he has just lost the knack of being tricky since being with us which makes him bang average and no better then your average winger probably worse

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Hoillett has never been a pacey player his game is built on being a tricky player he has just lost the knack of being tricky since being with us which makes him bang average and no better then your average winger probably worse
              That about sums it up, need to sell this kid, it's funny sparkless hasn't come in for him.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Hoilett is too predictable, plays on left cuts inside, loses ball.

Comment

Not impressed with either player. One thing worth pointing out is that they usually get the ball out wide too deep. Usually either side of the half away line. And with two players in front of them. And often challenged from the side or behind. No winger can make progress from such a position. We need push up and try to deliver the ball out wide in the opponent's third of the pitch. And because Barton and Henry offer no attacking threat in the middle it makes it easier for teams to defend their flanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Not impressed with either player. One thing worth pointing out is that they usually get the ball out wide too deep. Usually either side of the half away line. And with two players in front of them. And often challenged from the side or behind. No winger can make progress from such a position. We need push up and try to deliver the ball out wide in the opponent's third of the pitch. And because Barton and Henry offer no attacking threat in the middle it makes it easier for teams to defend their flanks.
                    A great point 77 we play our football in the wrong areas of the pitch. We should be giving them ball on edge or just before box so they can get on it give it a quick burst then deliver the ball but we expect them to run the length of the pitch!!!!

I was trying to make this point to some of the fools who thought we went to Everton and attacked simply because we picked Hoillet and Phillips from the off. We never went there and had a go because our attacking players (in name) played the game in their own half. Having ago would have been leaving them further up the pitch so we could counter attack and which would subsequently have made the Everton full backs a little less attacking

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      good shout, Barton is the creative one, lol, very seldom plays quality balls over the top or slide rule passes.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                        That about sums it up, need to sell this kid, it's funny sparkless hasn't come in for him.
                        No I think that's not quite right ! as said we've got to find someone crazy enough to buy him ! I think we are playing a very dangerous game in looking for a decent fee for Hoilet Traore and Adel it's time to cut our loses and put a more modest fee or allow them to go on a free if they will go , I still think at best we should try to ship Phillips out on loan these mentioned players along with SWP hold places maybe for that pace your looking for , imo they are a far bigger danger to our survival or progression that H R is claimed to be

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I understand peoples frustration with hoilett I have had so many heated debates with people on here about him over the last 12 months. He is pony and shows no sign of changing his approach to how he plays.

Hes the most frustrating player I can remember at QPR as he could be quality but the bloke refuses to lift his head up and deliver a ball or simple pass. Hes been give countless chances.

Philips however I am genuinely gutted for the lad. Why hasn't harry given him the same chances Hoilett has. I genuinely think if he was give 3 or 4 games on the bounce and harry showed some faith in him he would be a asset to us. His confidence is shot and harry don't help it. Its one of the reasons im done with Harry.

Selecting him in the odd away game and changing formation and expecting him to do the business is beyond me...give the boy a chance or imo watch him go elsewhere ie west brom and pulis will play him for 3 or 4 games straight and put a arm around his shoulder and he will be a gem. Unlike Hoilett this boy can beat his palyer and deliver a cross.
                          Hoilett and phillips have actually started 6 and 5 games respectively. Both haven't been as good as they should be. I can't see why Harry would risk our premier league status on players who aren't performing as well as they should. Maybe if we were higher up the table, we could afford to give them the chances to play consistently but it isn't the case now.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            No I think that's not quite right ! as said we've got to find someone crazy enough to buy him ! I think we are playing a very dangerous game in looking for a decent fee for Hoilet Traore and Adel it's time to cut our loses and put a more modest fee or allow them to go on a free if they will go , I still think at best we should try to ship Phillips out on loan these mentioned players along with SWP hold places maybe for that pace your looking for , imo they are a far bigger danger to our survival or progression that H R is claimed to be

Hoilett had four assists in the U-21 match. This makes we Wonder, why he cant replicate the form he showed when he played for Blackburn. I kind of think he really hates it at QPR or it could be that we are playing him in a totally wrong position?

But regarding this last crucial part of the seaon; we simply need the finished article on the wings. I really think we should go for Isla on the right. He would be lethal and he really likes it at this Club.
                            Last edited by Shania; 25-01-2015, 12:59 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

look at burnley giving it a good shout with championship players and palace. Harry just hasn't invested in phillips and again hes played out of position or when harry wants to experiment. Do your stats show that?

Comment

Working...
                              X