Ale Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Love Faurlin and think he was a fantastic player but, let's be honest, his knees are shot. I think he's a write off at this level of football.
    That's okay, 'cos next season we won't be playing at this level of football!

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
      Good point
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If we stay up, sign him for another year and then loan him out to a Championship team until Christmas.

Comment

If he recovers physically and can compete in training later this spring, then I wouldn´t mind him on a pay as you play contract next season. Especially if we go down. Think we should be open to the possibility of him making a good recovery, and think it is never wise to write people off just like that. Maybe he wont make it back to the required level, but you never know. Anyway I wish him all the best, and hope he comes back stronger.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

if that is the case then the championship will kill him off altogether. he's been a good player for us mate but we have to stop the sentimental stuff. we have to start putting the thinking caps on regarding all players-cut our cloth accordingly.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I think you'd have to say that 3 cruciate injuries in just over 2 years means that he is probably finished a professional footballer. Personally I don't see any merit in giving him another contract.

No need for some of the other nonsense earlier on in this thread though. He's been a great servant to the club and for me, he has been a consistent performer who always gave his all. Not many others in the last 4 or 5 season that I can say that about!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 23-01-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Ale is twice the player Barton will ever be.

Comment

I'd take an injury prone Faurlin over Barton any day. Definitely not overrated, when we got promoted with warnock he was probably our best player up until the MK Dons injury. Spurs and Napoli were sniffing around for him before that happened. Saying that I don't think he'll ever be THAT player again after all these injuries, really really hope he proves me wrong though. Hard worker, good passer and his tackles are perfect albeit a little reckless at times..which leads to injury.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Let's give him a chance before completely writing him off.
                    Said Harry slotting Clint in at left back,if it don't work out give padula a bell.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

He'll be fine as long as we never play him in an FA cup game against lower league opposition again. That way his knees will be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
                        He'll be fine as long as we never play him in an FA cup game against lower league opposition again. That way his knees will be safe!
                        Yes, injured in two irrelevant cup games, Capital One and FA Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          He wont be back stronger than before ,he`s an injury prone liability ,even when he was fit he was too light weight ,gave the ball away too easy and probably the most over rated player weve had for years . We need to get shot of Faulin at the first opportunity .
                          Every two years we seem to have the same boring national debate when England are knocked out of a major tournament by a smaller country who know how to hang on to the ball and make us look like a bunch of headless James Milners.

Why are [Costa Rica, Chile, Croatia, whoever] so much more skilful than us? How comes they can hang on to the ball when our Top Top Premier League Stars cannot? Why can't any of our players read the game, get into good positions, and move the ball around intelligently?

The above post should be Exhibit A.

Only in England could Faurlin be considered overrated compared to Barton and co.

Comment

Like a lot of people in here we are a #### club - why is Ali telling us different

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                              we have given him chances to prove his fitness/injurys but its time to cut the cord now. finished at any decent level and rangers gave him everything.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I agree his injuries will have significantly impacted on his playing ability. However I suspect any new contract would be very low level so no big issue in giving him a new deal if he proves fitness. If nothing else he has shown real fight in keeping battling back and that can only be a good thing around the club and dressing room. He may even surprise us.

Comment

Working...
                                X