Petition - ask QPR (like Chelsea) to pay a living wage to all their employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Will the people who sign this petition campaign outside Primark and all other stores that sell cheap goods from China/Bangladesh where the workers are literally paid peanuts? Or campaign outside Tesco cos the Farmers aren't getting fair wage for their milk?

Guess not.
    Guessed wrong.

Some incredible attitudes on here - for instance,"get another job" FFS - what planet are some people on? This might be the only job these people have been able to get, certainly in the short term. It's tough out there, as I'm sure even the the most neo-liberal Scrooge's amongst you have noticed. As for the comment I've quoted, I absolutely do my best to boycott any company that exploits its workers, whether here or abroad, and I will pass this on via social networking and through other campaigning organisations. I don't shop at Tesco, Primark, I am boycotting Amazon this Christmas in a campaign against their reprehensible practices. For my money those of you who support this kind of draconian, pure greed-driven capitalism should be ashamed. What if it happened to you? There IS such a thing as society, and It's only through cooperation that we'll ultimately survive, not through exploitation. These Ayn Randian attitudes are antediluvian. Here's the Amazon petition, for what it's worth... http://action.sumofus.org/a/amazon-f...=1&sub=fwd&t=1
    Last edited by Hubble; 14-12-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

are you russell brand fella??
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

So by QPR fans signing this it means QPR FC, the team we support should have to pay more money??

I don't think that's being a good fan. I want Qpr to save money, even if it is seen as small change
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
          are you russell brand fella??
          Yes. I thought you knew that?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            So by QPR fans signing this it means QPR FC, the team we support should have to pay more money??

I don't think that's being a good fan. I want Qpr to save money, even if it is seen as small change
            I find that frankly ridiculous. I support basic rights before I support a rich man's plaything. I support QPR as being part of the community, the fans, where I grew up, my mates. I'm not worried about billionaires having to pay a few more quid for people on minuscule wages FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Guessed wrong.

Some incredible attitudes on here - for instance,"get another job" FFS - what planet are some people on? This might be the only job these people have been able to get, certainly in the short term. It's tough out there, as I'm sure even the the most neo-liberal Scrooge's amongst you have noticed. As for the comment I've quoted, I absolutely do my best to boycott any company that exploits its workers, whether here or abroad, and I will pass this on via social networking and through other campaigning organisations. I don't shop at Tesco, Primark, I am boycotting Amazon this Christmas in a campaign against their reprehensible practices. For my money those of you who support this kind of draconian, pure greed-driven capitalism should be ashamed. What if it happened to you? There IS such a thing as society, and It's only through cooperation that we'll ultimately survive, not through exploitation. These Ayn Randian attitudes are antediluvian. Here's the Amazon petition, for what it's worth... http://action.sumofus.org/a/amazon-f...=1&sub=fwd&t=1
              Like the ethics fella but unfortunately you're living in the 12th century.

Would love to have a look round your gaff. Absolutely certain you have nothing made in China/Bangladesh/Taiwan or anything.... Thats good going.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                My outdoor Somalian would turn his nose up at that carsie.
                Well they can afford £800 a week rent, cos your paying part of it, you wouldnt want your guests to live in a kharzi, would you ?.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Like the ethics fella but unfortunately you're living in the 12th century.

Would love to have a look round your gaff. Absolutely certain you have nothing made in China/Bangladesh/Taiwan or anything.... Thats good going.
                  I said I try my best fella, no one's perfect. If we don't make a stand, nothing changes. Don't you believe in basic rights? The way some people talk in relation to this subject, you'd think they'd be happy returning to being peasants FFS. I'm sure you, bakes, have enjoyed many of the benefits and freedoms people fought for: the National Health service, council housing, women's rights, decent working conditions. Or maybe not. I don't know you. Maybe you'd prefer a return to Dickensian conditions, workhouses, slums, kids working in factories. Because if we don't make a stand, that's the way it will go. You say I'm living in the 12th century, far from it. I'm living right now, but I think you might be living in the 19th century..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

I have been a QPR supporter all my life since watching them as a kid in the late 60's. I want the best for QPR and I want QPR to be the best, I want them to be the best they can on the football field but even more than that I want to be proud of QPR, I want to be proud of their place in the community and I want to be proud of the way they look after their supporters and I want to be proud of the way they look after their staff.

There are good things happening at QPR, the club is very proud of its community trust work, I think they should look carefully at this matter and do the right thing in terms of their staff, or explain their reasoning why they can't , arguments such as the one above would just about have some worth (not morally but financially perhaps) back when we had to march to Brentford to buy Jamie Cureton but when we have people earning 60k a week who dont even get near the first team they just dont hold water.

As for bringing primark, tesco etc into it you cant change the whole world in one go, but you can set an example and thats what i want my QPR to do.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

The people that are employed by the catering contractor and the security contractor are only worth minimum wage IMO. They are not employed by QPR. I would think all QPR employees are currently payed above living wage

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                        I have been a QPR supporter all my life since watching them as a kid in the late 60's. I want the best for QPR and I want QPR to be the best, I want them to be the best they can on the football field but even more than that I want to be proud of QPR, I want to be proud of their place in the community and I want to be proud of the way they look after their supporters and I want to be proud of the way they look after their staff.

There are good things happening at QPR, the club is very proud of its community trust work, I think they should look carefully at this matter and do the right thing in terms of their staff, or explain their reasoning why they can't , arguments such as the one above would just about have some worth (not morally but financially perhaps) back when we had to march to Brentford to buy Jamie Cureton but when we have people earning 60k a week who dont even get near the first team they just dont hold water.

As for bringing primark, tesco etc into it you cant change the whole world in one go, but you can set an example and thats what i want my QPR to do.
                        Excellent post Peter . hope your good .
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

signed.

Comment

Anybody that goes out and works,to the best of their ability, honest graft deserves the going rate. We can't help cheap labour in other lands but have to stamp out that s ithe here. The irish goverment is totally corrupt and has been for years-offering intern jobs to bring the live registrer down-thats 50 on top of your dole for 40hrs. The people we voted for destroyed us and then made us pay for it by sticking with eu sanctions-caned us every way possible. I went to the protest in dublin on wednesday -up to 100,000 strong and not one bit of trouble(last time i went to a protest was the poll tax but only cause i seen a coat i liked-defo getting older!!!). Our powers have s ith on us and imo every man deserves to work and be paid a decent wage. Its not about the"get another job"...its about paying people right.
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

and the fact is ,if your on the minimum wage in London ,your going to go under ,if your on the living wage , your still going to struggle ,but it gives you half a chance .
                              Anyone saying ,"go and get another job " obviously dosn`t understand how hard it is out there.....All to often working class people ,have no time for other working class people ,but tolerate ( and sometimes seem to revel in ) the ruling classes exploiting the masses .

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                and the fact is ,if your on the minimum wage in London ,your going to go under ,if your on the living wage , your still going to struggle ,but it gives you half a chance .
                                Anyone saying ,"go and get another job " obviously dosn`t understand how hard it is out there.....All to often working class people ,have no time for other working class people ,but tolerate ( and sometimes seem to revel in ) the ruling classes exploiting the masses .
                                Absolutely, and what the naysayers are missing in my opinion is that its us the taxpayers that have to support people on low wages while the corporations get away with contributing virtually nothing. Anything we can do to make corporations pay better wages to staff means more of out tax ££'s can be spent on the NHS, Education, Roads etc rather than going on benefits to support people who in most cases would love to stand on their own 2 feet and not rely on the state but actually contribute positively to it.

And as for contractors paying minimum wage and the staff only deserving that, perhaps if the club insisted on contractors paying (edit - minimal) livingwage we might end up with better quality services being provided, wouldnt that be a win win?

ps Good thanks Vespa hope you are as well
                                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                                X