No announcement yet.

Petition - ask QPR (like Chelsea) to pay a living wage to all their employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a dog eat dog world im affraid...yes i agree everyone deserves a living wage....but what actually denotes a 'living wage'?.........300 a week in newcastle is worth more than 300 a week in london!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Thats right, at one time you cudda sold a garage in london and used the money to buy a 4/5 bedroomed house in scotland,

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        its a dog eat dog world im affraid...yes i agree everyone deserves a living wage....but what actually denotes a 'living wage'?.........300 a week in newcastle is worth more than 300 a week in london!
        That's the point, asking a London employer to pay a living wage rather than the minimum wage, which is isn't enough to live on in the capital.

Comment

Dont know how working people can rent in london, not if benefits street on channel 5 is anything to go on, council paying 6/700 pounds a week rent for single mums etc, mind boggling, and shiitholes that are being rented..
          Last edited by Manx Hoop; 13-12-2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

the fatcat landlords in london reaping the benefits im affraid....the affordable housing is a 'myth'!

Comment

One of these is what £600 a month gets you here facto, bang in the centre of the prom and 'nightlife'.
              http://www.cowleygroves.com/property...enade-douglas/

Truth is if i ever needed to rent, i would rent office or a shop, and live in it, cos thats cheaper.

Comment

For those that don't understand, it's very simple. What one is paid should reflect the cost of living. If it doesn't, something is fundamentally wrong. It's a reasonable a fair request.

Comment

No its not a reasonable and fair request, a business isnt a charity, reasonable and fair depends on balance, supply and demand, a man is born with only one thing to sell, his time, a hungry man will sell his time for less than a man with a full belly, some increase their times value with exprtise to varying levls, and niche's.

Whats not fair is being crammed in, with too much competition for the work on offer, it gives the emloyers the whip-hand, it should be the other way around.
                  But the otherway around causes immigration, eventually, same as no suitable work causes migration eventually..

The only thing minimum wage has done is drive up unemployment and inflation, and make business's relocate to lower cost areas.
                  Last edited by Manx Hoop; 14-12-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Will the people who sign this petition campaign outside Primark and all other stores that sell cheap goods from China/Bangladesh where the workers are literally paid peanuts? Or campaign outside Tesco cos the Farmers aren't getting fair wage for their milk?

Guess not.

Comment

Be interesting to know all those who sign and have there own business if they themselves are paying the rate

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Will the people who sign this petition campaign outside Primark and all other stores that sell cheap goods from China/Bangladesh where the workers are literally paid peanuts? Or campaign outside Tesco cos the Farmers aren't getting fair wage for their milk?

Guess not.
                        Why would you guess that? Why would they have to campaign outside those stores to sign a petition about something else? Why would looking at one problem require all other similar problems are addressed first anyway?

Personally wouldn't touch those shops you've mentioned, and the treatment of their suppliers is one of many reasons I don't shop at Tesco any more.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                          That's the point, asking a London employer to pay a living wage rather than the minimum wage, which is isn't enough to live on in the capital.

Plenty of people manage to.
                          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                            One of these is what £600 a month gets you here facto, bang in the centre of the prom and 'nightlife'.
                            http://www.cowleygroves.com/property...enade-douglas/

Truth is if i ever needed to rent, i would rent office or a shop, and live in it, cos thats cheaper.
                            My outdoor Somalian would turn his nose up at that carsie.
                            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                            London Pride is a flower that's free.
                            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                              No its not a reasonable and fair request, a business isnt a charity, reasonable and fair depends on balance, supply and demand, a man is born with only one thing to sell, his time, a hungry man will sell his time for less than a man with a full belly, some increase their times value with exprtise to varying levls, and niche's.

Whats not fair is being crammed in, with too much competition for the work on offer, it gives the emloyers the whip-hand, it should be the other way around.
                              But the otherway around causes immigration, eventually, same as no suitable work causes migration eventually..

The only thing minimum wage has done is drive up unemployment and inflation, and make business's relocate to lower cost areas.
                              It's got nothing to do with charity. It's about sustainable economics. A business that doesn't pay the living wage should either cut staff or go bankrupt because they're clearly doing something wrong. To continue through exploitation is simply wrong. Not paying a decent wage is exploitation. There's not much debate to be had here.

Comment

i employ a staff of four full time...........all been with me over eight years............i must be doing something right!..............gave them all an extra paid weeks leave if we won the playoff final ffs............cheers bobby!

Comment

Working...
                                X