Hoillett on Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoillett on Sterling

Hoilett added: “We both like taking players on, going both ways and creating chances and scoring goals. It is great for me for me to be compared to a player of his abilities. I believe I can emulate him as I like to take players on and be creative.”

More like Hoillett on crack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...week-5-4285889
    Kept the faith!

Comment

The way Hoillett speaks is if he is talking about a player who is a premiership legend.
      Not a 19 year old, that's 5 years younger than him.

Comment

Embarrassing how he wants to emulate a player 5 years younger then him. Sterling runs at pace, beats defenders, put crosses in. Hoilett fannies around and generally loses the ball

Comment

Also Sterling worked hard, was a stage when he was used very little at Liverpool but he kept plugging away and got more game time and eventually broke in at Liverpool as a regular.
          He could easily have thought what's the point of all this pressure at Liverpool and playing with likes of Suarez and Gerrard, might as well get loaned out to Sunderland, pick up the wage and happy days. Instead Sterling gave it his all, he makes mistakes but he is one of the few English players that doesn't hide and consistently gives his all, Hoillett unfortunately doesn't.

Comment

The only issue I have had with Hoilett is the 99 times out of 100 he comes inside when playing on the left. He has to mix it up and go on the outside more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
              The only issue I have had with Hoilett is the 99 times out of 100 he comes inside when playing on the left. He has to mix it up and go on the outside more often.
              So that he can either cross it with his weaker left foot and the ball goes high and wide; or he goes down a cul-de-sac and gets tackled?

He can only cross it when our wingers switch positions with Junior on the right. The only two-footed wingers we have are Niko and Phillips.

Comment

Think Hoilett will improve if we more often than not can establish us on the oppositions half. To obtain this we are in urgent need of a more creative way of playing. No more parking the bus.
                Last edited by Shania; 20-09-2014, 11:45 AM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                X