Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palace fans@The Emirates. Benchmark for every team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
    Stop trying to start a palace love fest.
    Haha, true, they'll get arrogant soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
      Haha, true, they'll get arrogant soon enough.
      Not got a lot to be arrogant about though have they? sh1t club, joke fans and soon Tim Sherwood.

Comment

It's the relentless positivity that has impressed a lot of fans around the world I feel. Don't forget they were nailed for relegation and their fans's positivity (as well as Pulis' defensive nous of course) made them reach the unexpected which all came to a crest during that immense come back at Title challenging Liverpool who had Suarez and Gerrard at that time.

I understand football is tribal, and there are neanderthals who don't like to say anything good about any other team,as it seems cooler to always be negative about other teams, but as a football fan first and foremost, credit where credit is due. Would love to see us have this WeRTogether concept take us through the inevitabley hard times as a newly promoted team to achieve stability.

I truly believe like in this video, the more positive we are to the players with positive, self deprecating, witty chants it will rub off onto the players. An sure this has been covered before, but we really can do it. #UsRRRRRRs! #WeRTogether
        I personally think calling yourself "Ultra's" singing awful euro chants and dressing like ****s is nothing to be proud about
        We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsmad View Post
          First of all what has boxing clubs got to do with tribal football?. Second of all what has the differnt nationalities got to do with it? Third how long have you been supporting the mighty blue and white hoops?
          Tribalism usually goes hand in hand with unnecessary anger/short temperedness and blinkered thinking in general sometimes culminating in violence. Boxing addresses all of these in controlled way I reckon....Just showing that the game is inclusive regardless of class or background....Since a young'un.....Is this a prosecution cross examination btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            I personally think calling yourself "Ultra's" singing awful euro chants and dressing like ****s is nothing to be proud about

Embarrassing

Comment

Not got a lot to be arrogant about though have they? sh1t club, joke fans and soon Tim Sherwood.
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                Yeah, you got a point there. The connotations of the name related to Roma and other Italian violent fans is a bit much.
                Though don't think Palace are going down that route.Think it might really genuinely be wanting to vocally support their team through tricky times. The black attire could be just to add that gravitas to show they are the singing crew perhaps.Looks good on TV and the TV channels seem to mention them due to their positive vocal actions than any violent actions.

We can easily do this with our WeRTogether campaign. Really does feel like a positive place and positive club this year with potential stadiums and Harry banging on about positive vibes around the club and even Chaz saying about this positive thinking,inspired by Steve Black,no doubt. Exciting times cometh for the Supahoopsas. Love it.

Comment

Tribalism usually goes hand in hand with unnecessary anger/short temperedness and blinkered thinking in general sometimes culminating in violence. Boxing addresses all of these in controlled way I reckon....Just showing that the game is inclusive regardless of class or background....Since a young'un.....Is this a prosecution cross examination btw?
                  No prosecution just trying to see where you are coming from. Tribalism and football violence are two different things. If you dont feel tribal then to me you havent embraced the whole concept of supporting a football team. Like i said i feel the same way when i watch other sports. To a lot of fans rangers is more than watching "the beautiful game" on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

What the fock is 'tribal football'???????
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It wouldn't actually hurt us to get a repertoire of a few noisy songs that everyone know the words to though. Currently, I think we have 2/3 songs (I'm not counting "Come On U Rsss" as a song) and I'm convinced only 300 chaps know all the words to "We are The Pride of West London"....
                      I accept that Palace divs are a bunch of mugs but can't fault the noisy support of their team really.
                      Generally, we need to do less of the repetitively singing "negative" songs at opposition about paying their benefits or critiquing their sh1t-hole town and do more "positive" songs of rousing encouragement to our boys: sing for the lads and NOT at the opposition I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        It wouldn't actually hurt us to get a repertoire of a few noisy songs that everyone know the words to though. Currently, I think we have 2/3 songs (I'm not counting "Come On U Rsss" as a song) and I'm convinced only 300 chaps know all the words to "We are The Pride of West London"....
                        I accept that Palace divs are a bunch of mugs but can't fault the noisy support of their team really.
                        Generally, we need to do less of the repetitively singing "negative" songs at opposition about paying their benefits or critiquing their sh1t-hole town and do more "positive" songs of rousing encouragement to our boys: sing for the lads and NOT at the opposition I reckon.
                        Amen to this!

Comment

Giving opposition players and fans abuse is all part of football. Teaching my son to shout "Theif" every time BWP and Dyer touched a ball a few years ago was a good introduction to the tribalism of football support.

Comment

No prosecution just trying to see where you are coming from. Tribalism and football violence are two different things. If you dont feel tribal then to me you havent embraced the whole concept of supporting a football team. Like i said i feel the same way when i watch other sports. To a lot of fans rangers is more than watching "the beautiful game" on a Saturday afternoon.
                            I see what you mean. I think I fell out of love with football and just watched the odd Hayes FC and Barnet FC games in Harrow every now and again (will be watching a few more Barnet games mind you, now that Cookie is there) mainly due to ticket pricings and the negativity at QPR. However, have seen a more concerted effort from QPR in the Community and a positive outlook at w12 these days. I think we really are a sleeping giant and have the potential to be such a positive club in the mould of Arsenal with beautiful football and infrastructure for new beginnings. We have already changed our mindset behind the scenes with Steve Black etc. Buy yeh, I see what you mean that some people still crave tribalism. Hopefully a happy medium can be achieved (especially if we can do the double on Chelski this year :D

Comment

I see what you mean. I think I fell out of love with football and just watched the odd Hayes FC and Barnet FC games in Harrow every now and again (will be watching a few more Barnet games mind you, now that Cookie is there) mainly due to ticket pricings and the negativity at QPR. However, have seen a more concerted effort from QPR in the Community and a positive outlook at w12 these days. I think we really are a sleeping giant and have the potential to be such a positive club in the mould of Arsenal with beautiful football and infrastructure for new beginnings. We have already changed our mindset behind the scenes with Steve Black etc. Buy yeh, I see what you mean that some people still crave tribalism. Hopefully a happy medium can be achieved (especially if we can do the double on Chelski this year :D

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X