No announcement yet.

Tottenham Away SOLD OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bizarre decision. Makes you wonder how good a grasp whoever is responsible for this decision has on the club's history.

Comment

are we at least on tellie? its a 1330 kickoff. surely..
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
        are we at least on tellie? its a 1330 kickoff. surely..
        No, it's a Sunday due to Spurs playing in Europe.

Comment

This issue was raised at the fans forum last season following our game at West Ham, I think it was Finney who asked the question based on the fact that if we didn't sell out at West Ham the loss to the club was less than half SWP's weekly wage.

Apparently no real answer was given by Beard.

There are many reasons why fans chose to follow our team away and one consideration is cost. £41 for a ticket at Spuds is a lot different from £20 at Birmingham etc etc in the Championship. My ST is approx £150 more than last year and in general away tickets are £10-£15 more each in the Premier League than they were in the Championship. When three or four of you are travelling £60 every two weeks soon adds up.

Personally living in the south I'll do the London away days, maybe one Midlands game and one northern game per season, if you add in the train travel or Car/hotel etc it all adds up. Haven't done the maths but I expect following QPR away in the prem is double what it was in the Championship. I expect some of our northern exiles feel the same, they will chose the away days nearer to them, but maybe not down to WHL on a Sunday.

IMHO the club should have gone with the 2,900 allocation at Spuds and if we didn't sell say 300 tickets, the club would have lost £12,300 a drop in the ocean compared to how much we are pi s s ing away on wages
          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

it would make more sence if someone at the club would take responsibility and explain why i can't go

Comment

the club paid wages to bosingwa £60k a week when he refused to play....i raised this at the fans forum, along the lines of the club won't gamble a small amount on west ham extra tickets and yet pay bosingwa? no answer
              taking 1200 to spurs is terrible//do we have a fulham fan ordering our away tickets??
              1st game away back in prem..a london derby...we have sold 2500 twice before.....not on tv....= take a bigger allocation, and the smaller allocation sold easy enough.....
              as no new grounds for me in this 5hite league, i won't do many away days....

Comment

And on a bank holiday weekend. Bloody shambles.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                  the club paid wages to bosingwa £60k a week when he refused to play....i raised this at the fans forum, along the lines of the club won't gamble a small amount on west ham extra tickets and yet pay bosingwa? no answer
                  taking 1200 to spurs is terrible//do we have a fulham fan ordering our away tickets??
                  1st game away back in prem..a london derby...we have sold 2500 twice before.....not on tv....= take a bigger allocation, and the smaller allocation sold easy enough.....
                  as no new grounds for me in this 5hite league, i won't do many away days....
                  We sold out 1750 two weeks before the fixture just beggars belief who decides on these allocations

It all stems from the Man City game where they thought we would take the same amount for the last game of the season for a game live tv game at 17:30 and they got their fingers burnt

Lets just hope we get the full allocation at Southampton as we always take loads there
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    It all stems from the Man City game where they thought we would take the same amount for the last game of the season for a game live tv game at 17:30 and they got their fingers burnt
                    Very true. Was a **** poor following that day tbf.

Comment

I've said all summer the club will take small allocations, it's especially embarrassing for London games.

I think the ticket policy needs to change with regards to away games outside of London. If the club are worried about getting their fingers burnt, why don't they purchase the highest possible sale or return allocation and put them straight on general sale? This will enable all friends to buy tickets together rather than waiting for a specific amount of points and will give the club an idea fairly early on whether to take the full allocation or not.

For London games, the club should take the full allocation regardless, as they will sell out.

Comment

that man city game was 530pm, live on tv and train prices were high....the season before was a huge game and sold out.
                        no comparison ....if we have 1700 at spurs that's more than i thought, so sorry.

my point is the club have paid dead wood high wages for nothing , for ages and won't gamble on fans....

personally i don't see many doing the away games thru cost and BEEN THERE, no new grounds....same old same old. also the way we are treated at man utd for example , i'd not go there again unless it was a important game. ferk em, they ain't getting my money.
                        fans will pick and choose and ALSO SO MANY GAMES FOUND ONLINE/FREE makes a huge difference.....

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                          personally i don't see many doing the away games thru cost and BEEN THERE, no new grounds....same old same old. also the way we are treated at man utd for example , i'd not go there again unless it was a important game. ferk em, they ain't getting my money.
                          fans will pick and choose and ALSO SO MANY GAMES FOUND ONLINE/FREE makes a huge difference.....
                          You have just justified their decision for taking lower allocations mate. Your spot on these are not new grounds so demand will drop. I personally think we should take full allocations in London but as you say many wont bother this season unless there is something on it so the clubs in-between a rock and a hard place

We prob have a hardcore of what 1500 regular away game followers so my first thought is there the first priority for tickets

Comment

Working...
                          X