Van Der Vaart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klonk View Post
    yep... i'd say the same - let's hope this is all papertalk.
    Could be because the team, or manager didn't suit him.

Comment

Van der vaart

Sorry cant do link on the ipad but sky and others saying we have made no contact with him. Have defended the club as know how hard it is for us to sign players but harry has made it pretty clear he is desperate for a number 10 and has made no secret of his admiration for the player. Why are they not at least sounding out the player and the club? Is it any wonder we end up with so many rubbish last minute deals of the maiga/ doyle variery? Of course there is lots we dont know about behind the scenes but am starting to question how dynmaic our transfer strategy is. Are we making offers by carrier pigeon? Have the owners actiually looked at our likely starting line up.?

Comment

Not sure I'd want Van Der Vaart at the club anyway. He has done nothing other than pick up big paychecks since leaving Spurs, exactly the sort of player we should be avoiding.......Not as good as he used to be and bl**dy expensive!

Comment

more chance of signing van der valk!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Van der vaart didnt rule out joining us at all so might be something there. Though I heard he had a pretty tough time last year in Germany as was well of the pace. He said he played his best football under Harry though and maybe at the right price he could be a top signing.

Comment

Denise Van Outen may be an option...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Not sure I'd want Van Der Vaart at the club anyway. He has done nothing other than pick up big paychecks since leaving Spurs, exactly the sort of player we should be avoiding.......Not as good as he used to be and bl**dy expensive!
                Picking up paychecks? He's played for one club, a club close to his heart and is probably on less money than he was at Spurs!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Van der vaart didnt rule out joining us at all so might be something there. Though I heard he had a pretty tough time last year in Germany as was well of the pace. He said he played his best football under Harry though and maybe at the right price he could be a top signing.
                  Don't believe certain people ;)

I watched him quite a few times for Hamburg and he was still the stand out player on the pitch. Bagged 8 goals in 31 appearances for a **** poor Hamburg team. He'd be an unbelievable coup for us.

Also I'm not buying the club haven't made contact with him. This story has been around since we beat Derby near enough! When you think we need a number 10 and Harry loves to sign his old players, Van Der Vaart jumps out. I'm guessing contact has been made but it's gone a bit quiet and Van Der Vaart has basically issued a come and get me plea. Let's hope we do it, as for me, he'd be the biggest signing the club has ever made.

Comment

He has already said he doesn't want to leave Hamburg on 2 occasions stating that he needs to make up for the bad season he had with them. We not getting him.

I heard Rob Van Dam is on a free
                    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...medium=twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                        Picking up paychecks? He's played for one club, a club close to his heart and is probably on less money than he was at Spurs!
                        I bet he's on a salary that is on a par with our top earners!

Comment

• "Vandalism"

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Prefer Hertz Van Rental - the fellas enormous,the size of a transit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                              Now we're talking.... especially in her big breakfast days.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                                Prefer Hertz Van Rental - the fellas enormous,the size of a transit.
                                True, but I'd rather stick one up her to be fair.....

Comment

Working...
                                X