Beware of the fourth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
    It doesn't matter who we get it's all about who puts in the performance on the night. Also it doesn't matter if we play home or away first, people say we want the 2nd leg at home but what if we are 3or 4 down from the 1st leg the second leg will be insignificant anyway. Just take what comes our way and perform...simples
    Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
    It doesn't matter who we get it's all about who puts in the performance on the night. Also it doesn't matter if we play home or away first, people say we want the 2nd leg at home but what if we are 3or 4 down from the 1st leg the second leg will be insignificant anyway. Just take what comes our way and perform...simples
    All season we have had certain players come out and say how bad the squad feel about the performance they put in etc, how there needs to be improvement but it never came really.
    If we do make the play offs, then from an outside view you looked at the squads most neutrals would say we would walk it.

Yet, for us we just have to sit there before kickoff worrying what will turn out when called upon!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
      In the 18 years that the play-offs have been in operation,

The team finishing fourth has only won it once!!!!

3rd has won it 7 times
      5th """"""""""""6 times
      6th """"""""""""4 times.

Quirky or significant? Stats can be spooky....
      I think your stats are a bit dodgy, we (Leicester) were first in the play-offs 22 years ago, and they certainly weren't the first play-offs,
      having said that we finished fourth and lost!

Comment

Originally posted by sly_old_fox View Post
        I think your stats are a bit dodgy, we (Leicester) were first in the play-offs 22 years ago, and they certainly weren't the first play-offs,
        having said that we finished fourth and lost!
        Yes, see QPR1976 post above (no 38).
        My stats relate only to the last 18 years when the the remaining promotion spot was decided between the 3rd to 6th finishers in this division.
        Prior to that one team from the top league was included. The year you're talking about was one of those years.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
          Yes, see QPR1976 post above (no 38).
          My stats relate only to the last 18 years when the the remaining promotion spot was decided between the 3rd to 6th finishers in this division.
          Prior to that one team from the top league was included. The year you're talking about was one of those years.

Sorry if appearing pedantic, but Top divison's 4th bottom team only appeared in the first 2 playoffs -
          Charlton in 1987 (they Won it and stayed up) then
          Chelsea in 1988 (they lost in the final and went down (Ha Ha) with middlesborough going up.

After that, since 1989 for 25 seasons, ALL 4 teams involved have come from the 2nd tier.

There have been a few other anomolies when reducing/increasing the size of the 1st tier, 22 to 20 and of course in 1990 when Sindon won the Playoffs only to be denied Promotion due to financial irregularities allowing Runners Up Sunderland to go up instead.

I'll get me coat.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
            Sorry if appearing pedantic, but Top divison's 4th bottom team only appeared in the first 2 playoffs -
            Charlton in 1987 (they Won it and stayed up) then
            Chelsea in 1988 (they lost in the final and went down (Ha Ha) with middlesborough going up.

After that, since 1989 for 25 seasons, ALL 4 teams involved have come from the 2nd tier.

There have been a few other anomolies when reducing/increasing the size of the 1st tier, 22 to 20 and of course in 1990 when Sindon won the Playoffs only to be denied Promotion due to financial irregularities allowing Runners Up Sunderland to go up instead.

I'll get me coat.....
            You are right of course, I think I'll start an Adel thread instead.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              And maidstone mate, i reckon without the worst luck with injuries in the history of football, we would of got autos. Thats how it goes, but the only thing that matters is the reality.
              100%!!!!!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                100%!!!!!
                and I think had Derby had McLaren and Wigan had Rosler and not been in Europe, they also may have got Autos.. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  100%!!!!!
                  Injuries haven't helped but Twitch should of done a better job and his constant pissing about with the formation has cost us many points.

Prime example if hadn't of mucked around with the formation at home to Blackpool we would still have a chance of auto now

Drawing that game completely killed all the momentum we built up by beating Boro and Wigan
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    Injuries haven't helped but Twitch should of done a better job and his constant pissing about with the formation has cost us many points.

Prime example if hadn't of mucked around with the formation at home to Blackpool we would still have a chance of auto now Drawing that game completely killed all the momentum we built up by beating Boro and Wigan
                    agree with you there Rangers

Comment

Working...
                    X