Debate on the new ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debate on the new ground.

Normally around a project such as building a new ground the location would be known - in the interests of the site owner to leak with the hopes of a bidding war. Finding a location is as far down the line we could have got at best IMO.

Take Foolhams ground expansion for example, they have gone through a year of public consultations with the local council before they even got the go ahead - note PUBLIC. This isn't the kind of thing that will go under the radar, so I am highly skeptical of Fernandes saying 'work is starting' unless that is the planning stage.

Furthermore, he needs to accept we are not a club suitable for a 40,000 seater stadium. Yes we need a new ground, but I don't want an empty shell like that of Sunderland/Wigan with no atmosphere. To build up a fan base to that level takes years. I mean we haven't exactly been at full capacity every week at Loftus Road. Best scenario would be building a 25,000-30,000 seater with the ability to expand it, with demand.
    Stay at Loftus Road
    16.05%
    New 40,000 seater
    20.99%
    25-30,000 seater with view to expand
    62.96%

Go big!

Comment

I'd be in favour of 40,000 with view to expansion. And sell cheap tickets to start with.

Comment

No building of new stadium until we are back in the PL and no longer flirting with relegation.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

40,000 stadium, offer season tix at £199 for the 4 corners, attract more young fans.

This is London, not Coventry or Sunderland, we will fill it if marketed right.
          We used to nearly be as big as Chesh1t back in the '70s, we can do it again.
          Many have done the new stadium while in the champ league too, Swansea, Reading, Cardiff etc, so they prepared for the prem.
          We've seen so many other clubs expand and go past us, time to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
            40,000 stadium, offer season tix at £199 for the 4 corners, attract more young fans.

Many have done the new stadium while in the champ league too, Swansea, Reading, Cardiff etc, so they prepared for the prem.
            But our failure in the PL has not been due to the stadium being small, has it?

Comment

i give up!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post

so we become a 'tourists' club we so despise???
                .......surely we cant condone this??
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

we've got to be sensible,go for a 30k stadium,with a sliding roof,so we can host concerts,exhibitions and indoor sports.Earls court is going(or has gone)so that just leaves room for an indoor venue.The stadium must be used as many days a year as possible,not just sit there empty 13 days a fortnight.It can be built with a view to expand at a later date.I dont really get the idea of not building it until we are established in the Prem.When will that be?With the exception of the big clubs,no club is guaranteed a place in the top flight.Even if we were to get promoted back,and hold our own in the Prem for a few years,the amount of time it takes to build a stadium,we could end up getting relegated in the time it takes to build it.Just do it now

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                    i give up!!
                    Don't.

Comment

Go BIG or go home. 40k seater with retractable seats and sliding roof will be the plan. Beard will make sure the stadium will not only be a great football ground but also one of the beat venues in London to hold concerts ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        No building of new stadium until we are back in the PL and no longer flirting with relegation.
                        Doesn't that just prove they have a long-term vision?
                        Surely you should approve of that?

Comment

well,according to the Dave Mc article,it will be part of the Old oak Common HS2 redevelopment area...a large lesiure complex

Comment

blue that's near fulham isn't it?
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              blue that's near fulham isn't it?
                              No.....Old Oak Common,head north,just the other side of the scrubs

Comment

Working...
                              X