£2 million bid for Odemwingie rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £2 million bid for Odemwingie rejected

QPR have had a £2million bid for Peter Odemwingie rejected by West Brom.

Rangers boss Harry Redknapp wants to bring the Nigerian to Loftus Road and is expected to make an improved offer.

But Albion insist Odemwingie, 31, is not for sale.

link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2HuR1tiGH

Need to raise it to £3m If WBA are really looking to sell.
    Last edited by Yousef; 14-01-2013, 08:37 AM.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

£4m for a 31 year old... we really never do learn our lessons do we?

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
        West Brom and every other team know we're desperate, that's why they and every other club want as much as they can from us

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
          Need to raise it to £3m If WBA are really looking to sell.
          these teams know we are desperate to sign players they can ask what they like

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
            West Brom and every other team know we're desperate, that's why they and every other club want as much as they can from us
            In this case we better go abroad!
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Tried that - disaster
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

It says we offered £2m. Which is bordering on the derisory and was rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  It says we offered £2m. Which is bordering on the derisory and was rejected.
                  Yes- which was why I said £4m- as that's the figure it will be around before they consider selling.

Comment

Yes- which was why I said £4m- as that's the figure it will be around before they consider selling.
                    so who do you propose they buy and how much would you like pay? championship clubs have a really inflated view of what some fairly average strikers are worth. southampton paid 6/7 m for a championship striker and has hardly pulled up any trees in the prem. the problem with these supposedly young and hungry players that fans seem to bang on about, as well as often not actually being very good, is that they cost a fortune. if otemwingie scored the goals to keep us up, as Cisse did last season, you could say was money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      so who do you propose they buy and how much would you like pay? championship clubs have a really inflated view of what some fairly average strikers are worth. southampton paid 6/7 m for a championship striker and has hardly pulled up any trees in the prem. the problem with these supposedly young and hungry players that fans seem to bang on about, as well as often not actually being very good, is that they cost a fortune. if otemwingie scored the goals to keep us up, as Cisse did last season, you could say was money well spent.
                      Fair point, although I didn't say a young Championship striker was the only alternative. I'm pretty sure we could get a younger and just as effective forward for £4m or less. Or someone in on loan. Michu was just £2m for example. I just find the concept of paying out a decent sum of money on a 31 year old, yet again, quite depressing.

Is he vastly different to what we already have? Where would he play and who's place would he take?

It will obviously be money well spent if we stay up, but to say Peter Odemwingie will get us enough goals to avoid relegation is a bit ambitious IMO.

Comment

A proven prem striker at £4m in January for a club at the bottom of the table that is desperate for goals sounds pretty good to me.

TBH though I think it is the wages these days that are the big deal more than the transfer fee.

The reported new policy of relegation clauses will help with that.

BTW how much do the summer signings earn? A dozen players must be about half a million per week something like that.

Comment

I would rather we buy no championship players at all.

Comment

4 mil for a 31 yo proven striker in the prem is not a bad deal.

Comment

Depends what you define as proven I suppose.

Clarke has just said he's not for sale so looks like we'll have to go elsewhere after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X