Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the Tottenham game is not gone sell out, Embarrassing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danarnie View Post
    Build it and they will come!
    Err right. Because that has worked at Wigan and Bolton and Coventry and Middlesborough. Do I need to go on? I can. We simply don't have the fanbase. Our gates have been almost the same 20 years bar one season where average was slightly higher. Prices are not the main factor - number of fans is.

Having said that £55 is a lot for the worst team in the league. It is significantly cheaper to watch the best team in the league - does that add up?

As for not selling v Spurs - in case you hadn't noticed the game hasn't kicked off. Lots of tickets are sold late - especially LSE.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Southampton anyone? Used to go to the Dell back in the day - bit of a sh it hole but similar in capacity to Loftus Road circa £18-19k. However when they built St Marys and reduced ticket prices - hey presto they now get average gates of 30k plus!!!!
      Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
        Southampton anyone? Used to go to the Dell back in the day - bit of a sh it hole but similar in capacity to Loftus Road circa £18-19k. However when they built St Marys and reduced ticket prices - hey presto they now get average gates of 30k plus!!!!
        Difference is they used to sell the Dell out a lot more. There capacity was halved when all seater came in and they were often selling out ~30k before. Most clubs do not reduce ticket prices in a bigger stadium, they increase them. If they reduced theirs - fair play.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
          Area as well. We have alot of competition with Foolham, Brentford & Chelski a stone's throw away - Soton had a much larger catchment area.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We have played lower leagues so many years that our fan base has decreased. Need to have a long run in the Premier to get close those 25000 we had versus Spurs some 35 years ago.

Comment

The £55 a ticket is the nail on the head as mentioned.
              I'm a ST and forked out my money in the summer - with high hopes.

£55 for bottom of the league team, with no real change in personel - as in it's not as if Messi has just joined us on a free - doesn't really smack of victorie. I know the saying goes "true fan will follow his team no matter what" and it's true, I was indeed at LR in our Div 2 days....but I wasn't paying £55 a ticket. If it was £55 a ticket in Div 2 I wouldn't pay it and I don't believe many on here would.

£55 isn't outrageous but fans are certainly allowed to question the price. We might be playing premier league games but were not playing premier league football - so why pay the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                We have played lower leagues so many years that our fan base has decreased. Need to have a long run in the Premier to get close those 25000 we had versus Spurs some 35 years ago.
                Has always been there just a case of them actually turning up! Know quite a few of these type myself.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

It'll probably be sold out before saturday anyway.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

am i bothered!!!!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Although I wouldn't have expressed it quite how you did I have to agree tbh - poor effort again on our part if we can't sell 15k tickets to a home London derby. I know it's a tough time of year, financially, n all that - but still disappointing IMO.
                      Whilst it may be disappointing, what many people seem to forget/ignore, is that prices to attend games are too high. Not everyone can afford to spend £100-200 each month to attend football matches.

The sooner clubs realise this the better. How much is a ticket for the Spurs game (Cat A no doubt)?.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                        The £55 a ticket is the nail on the head as mentioned.
                        I'm a ST and forked out my money in the summer - with high hopes.

£55 for bottom of the league team, with no real change in personel - as in it's not as if Messi has just joined us on a free - doesn't really smack of victorie. I know the saying goes "true fan will follow his team no matter what" and it's true, I was indeed at LR in our Div 2 days....but I wasn't paying £55 a ticket. If it was £55 a ticket in Div 2 I wouldn't pay it and I don't believe many on here would.

£55 isn't outrageous but fans are certainly allowed to question the price. We might be playing premier league games but were not playing premier league football - so why pay the price?
                        I posted a reply referring to the price of tickets before reading this one.

QPR do need a new bigger stadium, with cheaper tickets.

Comment

All this thread has done is just caused arguments between ourselves and general bad feeling.
                          Theres not THAT many seats still left , and the changing of the kick off times has hardly helped people .
                          Also i dont know why people cant accept we are not a massive club ,(and I for one dont ever want us to be ) and if you consider how dire this season has been ,i think our attendances have been pretty damn good. ( and the 25000 plus crowds of the 80s were caused because there was always loads of away fans in our seats )
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

here here vesps.....any loftus rd crowd over 25000 was normally boosted by 5000 plus away fans ala foolem these days!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Why people harp on about our home support is laughable, a bigger more comfortable stadium with affordable ticket pricing will add 1'000's to the attendances. Without a shadow of doubt they are out there, but too many fed up with cramped conditions, long queues for everything and expensive prices is preventing them from attending
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                                Why people harp on about our home support is laughable, a bigger more comfortable stadium with affordable ticket pricing will add 1'000's to the attendances. Without a shadow of doubt they are out there, but too many fed up with cramped conditions, long queues for everything and expensive prices is preventing them from attending

2hr car journey each way through traffic even though i live less than 50 miles from the ground.
                                Parking problems
                                Sh1t overpriced food in and around the ground (dont drink as im driving so cant vouch for pub food)
                                Sh1t views and cramped seating
                                £50 each for a ticket

all that together means....

the four of us stay home and watch a stream and save a lot of money/time/stomach upsets
                                tbf if i dont work Saturday and go to the game i also lose a days money so that just about seals it but we have even stopped going to evening games because of above, Whole "matchday experience" is poor and overpriced imo.
                                Last edited by vblockranger; 09-01-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X